lad**s! Would you be disappointed if?

If you got dressed up really nice for a date. The guy comes over and takes you through the McDonald's drive thru and orders off of the dollar menu and then wants to go hang out at the gas station. 

Would you be disappointed?

Edited by Terminated

Mmm no, not really. Maybe this guy doesn’t know how to come up with ideas for a date or doesn’t have enough money for it. So that being I would take over. I mean, I’m not so broke I can’t pay for food and entertainment. 🤪

I mean, hey, if the conversation was about to be good, I can hang on a low budget low effort date. But if the conversation is bad and the next date wasn’t going to be more meaningful, there wouldn’t be a next date. My husband and I are homebodies and we like our low budget relaxing dates, and there’s time for fancy stuff if we feel like it.

• Elites

If it’s a random I would probably be sketched tf out just hanging at a gas station munching on fires. I’d offer to pay to go have a quick meal and internally question their planning abilities. Even a picnic at the park would be a better cheap option lul

I’d only be upset if he had insisted on me getting dressed up just to do that lmfao. 

some of the most meaning times I’ve had with people, romantic or otherwise, have been in a parked car eating fast food and bulls***tting 

On 6/17/2021 at 3:31 PM, Onision said:

That’s hilarious. The look on someone’s face… that should be a comedy sketch if it isn’t already.

I got the idea for this thread from my department manager at Wal-Mart back in 2012 when I worked in produce. I was bragging about taking my ex wife on a date when he told me to do this. I'm not sure if he was joking or not. But everyone just laughed really hard after he said it.  

Hmmmm... not sure how I would react in this hypothetical situation. I mean, I would get dressed up to see a guy I was interested in no matter where we were going, and I do love french fries...So I guess the only part I would be wondering about is the gas station part.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, brittniisundae said:

Season 3 Abc GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Sounds like som*thing I'd do except no McDonald's 😂 just talk. Oddly at a gas station. About people and make up different scenarios about the people we see. 

Like Beavis and Butthead? In the show they're always hanging out at the gas station trying to pick up women. 

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, bones said:

I'm d***g of laughter.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME - ON VALENTINE'S DAY.

He pulled into a Burger King parking lot. I told him to just take me home. 🤣

There is a certain lack of respect there 😋 - Probably made a good call wanting to go home.

• Heart 2

• Elites
Just now, Onision said:

There is a certain lack of respect there 😋 - Probably made a good call wanting to go home.

At first, thinking it was a joke, after he pulled into a parking spot, I said.. "Wait you're serious?"

His response: "Yeah, don't you want a whopper?"

"Thanks for making the time to take me out on Valentine's Day. I wish I felt something more than platonic feelings for you. Please take me home."

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, bones said:

At first, thinking it was a joke, after he pulled into a parking spot, I said.. "Wait you're serious?"

His response: "Yeah, don't you want a whopper?"

"Thanks for making the time to take me out on Valentine's Day. I wish I felt something more than platonic feelings for you. Please take me home."

Oh damn. What a tight wad. I don't blame you for walking out on him. He deserved it. 

My girlfriend loves places like Ruby Tuesdays, Applebee's, Los Amigos or Colton's as her go to places to eat when it comes to us going out. As a man, you gotta invest in what the woman wants to eat. And YES! YES! The man should always pay for the date. It's being a gentleman. You want a good woman? Well then you've got to pay and learn what she likes. IF you can't do that then f*uck you. You don't know how the game works, buddy. 

My girlfriend told me her ex husband never treated her to anything nice and  was a bum. If she got money from him, he made her pay him back. He made her pay for EVERYTHING. She said she stayed with him because she was afraid of him and because her parents liked him at the time.

She think's I'm amazing. It's really nice to be appreciated. 

• Star 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Like Beavis and Butthead? In the show they're always hanging out at the gas station trying to pick up women. 

Whoa, chick a hoy 🤣😂💕 oh god. 🤣 I mean no not like that, I will say I've had success just taking people to random places to talk quietly and break the ice with the fun people talk. One awesome part of a date we were sitting in the car, drinking hot chocolate, and I remember them laughing at the scenarios we were making with people walking out and going in Target on Black Friday. That was hard. This person never talked a lot, but it opened up a way for them to communicate. The "And I bet you if this person was a superhero" - "No this person is a superhero, but tell me about their abilities, their background"  and then it would lead to deeper things, music, and more random topics. 

Would I be disappointed if somebody did the above question to me? No. To me, it's about finding ways to make the most out of any given scenario. 

• Heart 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Whoa, chick a hoy 🤣😂💕 oh god. 🤣 I mean no not like that, I will say I've had success just taking people to random places to talk quietly and break the ice with the fun people talk. One awesome part of a date we were sitting in the car, drinking hot chocolate, and I remember them laughing at the scenarios we were making with people walking out and going in Target on Black Friday. That was hard. This person never talked a lot, but it opened up a way for them to communicate. The "And I bet you if this person was a superhero" - "No this person is a superhero, but tell me about their abilities, their background"  and then it would lead to deeper things, music, and more random topics. 

Would I be disappointed if somebody did the above question to me? No. To me, it's about finding ways to make the most out of any given scenario. 

It happened to me a few times with my first girlfriend. She had a friend who worked at a gas station in town and she really wanted to go there and talk to her. So we did...for a few hours. It was weird because they were both being p*rverted the whole time. Not something I'm up for again. 😬

I agree though. I'm pretty random with a lot of my conversations because I didn't know the person I was dating in the beginning. I felt like I was really reaching in the dark. It makes me feel more at ease when they open up and appear more interested. It's very encouraging.

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 1