Long Distance Relationship?

• Elites

I like distance. After a few failed attempts at shaking it up with people I’ve learned that space creates better bonds and would most likely never do that again. Once i let my guard down they got obsessive, controlling and sloppy. So I am more than okay with long distance as in living a bit away, preferably within an hours drive and also emotionally. I actually recommend it. If you’re worried about what the other person may be doing when you’re not around then you shouldn’t be with someone if you can’t trust them or don’t feel secure enough in the relationship.

Never been in a long distance relationship but would definitely be open to it knowing that I can trust the person and that I actually see a future with them 

Edited by Brock

• Immortals

It's never worked for me. The g*rls always quit talking to me after a few days.  

However local relationships have worked amazingly well for me. I think it's easier to see someone down the street then it is to see someone who lives 3 states over from yours. 

• Moderators

I couldn't do it personally. For me the most important parts of dating are spending time together, feeling each others energy, being able to be intimate. If I can't do that I wouldn't feel connected enough to that person to date them. There's a girl I really like right now who I've gone on a few dates with, we're really into each other, but she is in LA and I currently am not- I'm not even attempting to continue dating until I'm back in town, because I don't get anything out of it if I can't be with her irl

• Elites

I think it depends but in my experience My closest connections have been with people who were long distance. It can get hard but for me it’s doable. Video call with partner and start movie at the same time? Fun date. As I said in my post about love language- I am all about physical touch so for me that’s the biggest struggle. But it does make it that much more amazing when you do get to see them. I think for me it puts less pressure and less opportunity for codependency. But I don’t know if I would want to be in a long distance relationship if they didn’t want to figure out being together physically at all. At a certain point in a long distance relationship I may need to end the relationship if there is no sight in the future of seeing each other more frequently. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Obsessive compulsive fans?

@Onision Do you ever have women come to your house and try to see you uninvited?  Or is this not a problem for you? The reason why I'm asking is that not only do celebrities have to go through this but there's been famous Youtubers that have this problem too. Keanu Reeves has had this problem with several different women that broke into his house that claimed to be his "biggest fans". 

Terminated
    Terminated
    Contact Onision

Worst disaster in human history?

What's the worst disaster in human history that could have been prevented?

Terminated
    Terminated
    Ask Questions

Poetry/Creative Writing Thread

(does this already exist?) Anyway, I went back through my journal and found an unfinished one. I think it's cute....do you think it's finished or missing more?  " I find my coffee to be bitter in taste for at the bottom of this Turkish brew I see your face inside the muddy residue " Also, post any poetry/creative writing you wrote yourself or just like from another artist 🙂 My top 3 favorite quotes from books/songs are as follows:  "Careless realism cost

Kitsunebliss
    Kitsunebliss
    Mind & Body

Secret Santa For The Forum

It's way early, and probably not an amazing topic at the moment. But because this is becoming such a close community would you feel comfortable receiving a gift from a random friend on here on Christmas? Is it possible? If not okay. If so, perhaps we could make a list of those who would like to participate. It doesn't have to be like a gift sent to the residence, there's tons of things online but only to those who would like to participate.  Just curious what do you all think 🤔❤

brittniisundae
    brittniisundae
    Friends & Family

What's your monster movie name?

Mine is Beware! The Flesh Eating Vampires I'd see it lol

Kaitlind
    Kaitlind
    Forum Games

Student Loan Forgiveness: Yes or No?

Do you think they should give the option for people to have student loan forgiveness?    

Terminated
    Terminated
    Opinions 1

Chat

Chat

You don't have permission to chat.