Are you a jealous person?

If I struggle with som*thing and someone else is mastering it, I'm happy for them but it makes me feel envious sometimes. 

Because I'm unfortunately human, I have been jealous before in my relationships that were turning bad. I never talked about how certain things made me feel, or if I tried it was an excuse (even though I had the truth infront of me, yes I learned a lot of lessons) knowing that feeling,  what I look forward to doing is have a truthful civil open discussion. That balance and equal effort ❤ ah, that's good stuff. 

Just now, brittniisundae said:

If I struggle with som*thing and someone else is mastering it, I'm happy for them but it makes me feel envious sometimes. 

Because I'm unfortunately human, I have been jealous before in my relationships that were turning bad. I never talked about how certain things made me feel, or if I tried it was an excuse (even though I had the truth infront of me, yes I learned a lot of lessons) knowing that feeling,  what I look forward to doing is have a truthful civil open discussion. That balance and equal effort ❤ ah, that's good stuff. 

Oh but when someone hits on the person I'm with -no. Unless I know for sure they're doing things behind my back (like the past thing I was opening up about). Other than that, I like when people compliment my significant others. 

• Elites
Posted (edited)

I get jealous if I feel the person I am with is untrustworthy- but with my personal history in this scenario the relationship is already doomed at this point and needs to end.

in general when other people flirt with someone I’m with I take it as a compliment that they think my partner/s is att**ctive. I also think people can be friends with whomever they want so 🤷‍♀️.

I feel like jealousy can be a normal feeling and reaction to certain things- I also feel like it’s important to recognize the reason behind the feeling and the control over it. 

Edited by Brookeireland
Added comment

If anything I'm the opposite of jealous to the point my last S/O thought I was flat out not interested in him. I still like exclusivity but I'm not going to lose my mind if they find someone att**ctive or even talk about a crush on someone.

2 minutes ago, Onision said:

Haha… I donno. I don’t remember the last time I felt jealous. 
Pokemon Reaction GIF

I get jealous SOMETIMES and it's not justified.  I'm not gonna come out and tell my girlfriend that and I'm old enough to hide it. But there have been men that she's talked to in the store that has made me uncomfortable. I think it's because it's my paranoia from women like my ex wife and some old girlfriends n the past having screwed around on me before. Evidently, my girlfriend of 6 months has been loyal so far. 

I see things kinda differently and I don’t mind at all my significant other having friends, doesn’t matter what gender, I also don’t mind if they give a compliments to him, but yeah I won’t accept somebody flirty with my significant other 😭 because I see that as form of disrespect especially if it’s obvious that we are together, sometimes flirty can lead to other situations and i know people will disagree with this because it’s all about trusting your partner and it’s just innocent flirting but what if you let it keep going on? How far could it go? And did it already go far? 

Tbh if somebody was flirty with me I would automatically think they trying to lead me on or get my interest. I know people would probably say I’m jealous but I just see that as a interference xD

20 minutes ago, cyberneticembrace said:

If anything I'm the opposite of jealous to the point my last S/O thought I was flat out not interested in him. I still like exclusivity but I'm not going to lose my mind if they find someone att**ctive or even talk about a crush on someone.

This is how I am! 

Like if someone is to flirt with my husband then I am thinking that could potentially be received as a compliment which is a good thing. I wouldn’t shame a partner for liking being noticed. If they do or don’t like it, that is up to them.

I don’t have the emotional budget to worry whether or not a partner will do som*thing unfaithful. I take that one step at a time. If a partner will be unfaithful, time will tell. In the mean time, the faith is enough. I guess I’m a “cross that bridge when/if we get there” type of person.

• Elites

Jealous that someone is hitting on my significant other? No, that means I know how to pick them! I’m the one with them so what would I be jealous of? 
Might I be agitated if they knew we were together and did that? Of course. That person doesn’t respect boundaries and doesn’t need a part in my life and my s/o is a part of my life, so shoo shoo. Differences between a compliment/friendly banter and hitting on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...with me this is hard to answer. I also have been cheated on, and spending time in the military didn't help my faith in people. It seemed like everyone was cheating when we were on deployments. They all had wives and husband's at home, but were sleeping around with fellow military when on deployment. I just don't have much faith in friends that flirt because I've seen it become more than that too many times. I've also been the v****m of "she's just my friend" but come to find out they were cheating on me with said friend. 

I'm fine with my guy having girl friends. I'm not ok with a flirty friendship. If some stranger flirts with my guy and doesn't know we're together, then I'm ok with that too and take it as a compliment for him. I'm not ok with g*rls flirting with my guy when they know he's with me. Like others have said, I think it's a respect thing.

• 2 weeks later...