What Are Your Bad Habbits?

• Moderators

I'm a "yes" person, & I doubt myself most times. I always want to help but I need time to recharge myself, I'm always running on empty and currently trying to learn how to balance. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Minty said:

Not talking to somebody for daysss then Come back like nothing happened 

Liking too many videos on tiktok 

Hmm... watching TikTok for too long can be a problem. I've slipped up and lost an hour or two before.

• Moderators

My thoughts get to me. I overreact sometimes with a whole lot of "what ifs", & need to ground myself or if I'm lucky, people notice things & they help distract me. Though I h**e this habit, this flaw, It's becoming so much better. If I look at a thought being nothing but a thought...my feelings just flow away. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to fall asleep with the TV on. No idea why, but it annoys other people. It calms me for some reason, just having that background noise. Fans don't work because the sound annoys me to fall asleep to. I think I got into the habit because my ex used to work a weird  2nd shift and would come home and play games and be talking to his buddies on vent while I was trying to sleep. I would turn on the TV to d***n him out (it's really hard to fall asleep hearing hours long one sided conversation), and it turned into a bad habit where I have a hard time falling asleep without it. 

• Elites
4 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

I have to fall asleep with the TV on. No idea why, but it annoys other people. It calms me for some reason, just having that background noise. Fans don't work because the sound annoys me to fall asleep to. I think I got into the habit because my ex used to work a weird  2nd shift and would come home and play games and be talking to his buddies on vent while I was trying to sleep. I would turn on the TV to d***n him out (it's really hard to fall asleep hearing hours long one sided conversation), and it turned into a bad habit where I have a hard time falling asleep without it. 

I often sleep with my phone on and headphones plugged in. Or, Tv on. I agree with you, background noise is just relaxing.

My bad habit would be that, I care too much. I often find myself worrying too much or really adoring the people around me, and I fear about losing friends. I have bad trauma over it, and other things, and when I lose people, it doesn't faze me, but it hurts inside. I will give and give, and get nothing but disrespect from people. 

And even though I'm self aware of it, I continue to do it because I am just a gullible person who thinks people will like me for me.

20 minutes ago, Lilliako said:

I often sleep with my phone on and headphones plugged in. Or, Tv on. I agree with you, background noise is just relaxing.

My bad habit would be that, I care too much. I often find myself worrying too much or really adoring the people around me, and I fear about losing friends. I have bad trauma over it, and other things, and when I lose people, it doesn't faze me, but it hurts inside. I will give and give, and get nothing but disrespect from people. 

And even though I'm self aware of it, I continue to do it because I am just a gullible person who thinks people will like me for me.

I wouldn't call that being gullible, I would say that you are an optimist. I wish I could say I was, but I'm very distrusting and keep everyone at arms length...even people I'm in a relationship with. I can't say that I've had a real friend in years. Not letting people in is a defense mechanism for me. I have walls around walls around a fortress built on top of a bunker. It stops me from caring too much. It doesn't mean I don't get hurt, but it hurts a lot less than if I cared more, if that makes sense. I wouldn't recommend being me. You keep being your optimistic self because people find that an att**ctive quality.

• Elites
1 hour ago, OldGreqq said:

I wouldn't call that being gullible, I would say that you are an optimist. I wish I could say I was, but I'm very distrusting and keep everyone at arms length...even people I'm in a relationship with. I can't say that I've had a real friend in years. Not letting people in is a defense mechanism for me. I have walls around walls around a fortress built on top of a bunker. It stops me from caring too much. It doesn't mean I don't get hurt, but it hurts a lot less than if I cared more, if that makes sense. I wouldn't recommend being me. You keep being your optimistic self because people find that an att**ctive quality.

I'm sure a few people tend to use that defense mechanism technique, so you're not alone on that. And I understand what you mean, but if ever you do need an acquaintance, I'm willing to chat 😄 and also, thanks (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) that really means alot. 

Saying sorry. Alllllll the time. I apologize for everything even if i did nothing wrong. 

Posting too many tiktoks since tiktok was brought up earlier. Like way too many. But I am pretty sure it helps the algorithm. If I cut down my posting and focus on quality I've noticed less views . But I like them a lot more. 

Talking too much 🤣 being wordy . 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would have to be constantly overthinking/worrying. My anxiety always makes me think I’m a bother to society and that I annoy people or they just walk out of my life. I feel like I’m cursed.