Jump to content

What Are Your Bad Habbits?


Recommended Posts


My thoughts get to me. I overreact sometimes with a whole lot of "what ifs", & need to ground myself or if I'm lucky, people notice things & they help distract me. Though I h**e this habit, this flaw, It's becoming so much better. If I look at a thought being nothing but a thought...my feelings just flow away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to fall asleep with the TV on. No idea why, but it annoys other people. It calms me for some reason, just having that background noise. Fans don't work because the sound annoys me to fall asleep to. I think I got into the habit because my ex used to work a weird  2nd shift and would come home and play games and be talking to his buddies on vent while I was trying to sleep. I would turn on the TV to d***n him out (it's really hard to fall asleep hearing hours long one sided conversation), and it turned into a bad habit where I have a hard time falling asleep without it. 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
4 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

I have to fall asleep with the TV on. No idea why, but it annoys other people. It calms me for some reason, just having that background noise. Fans don't work because the sound annoys me to fall asleep to. I think I got into the habit because my ex used to work a weird  2nd shift and would come home and play games and be talking to his buddies on vent while I was trying to sleep. I would turn on the TV to d***n him out (it's really hard to fall asleep hearing hours long one sided conversation), and it turned into a bad habit where I have a hard time falling asleep without it. 

I often sleep with my phone on and headphones plugged in. Or, Tv on. I agree with you, background noise is just relaxing.

My bad habit would be that, I care too much. I often find myself worrying too much or really adoring the people around me, and I fear about losing friends. I have bad trauma over it, and other things, and when I lose people, it doesn't faze me, but it hurts inside. I will give and give, and get nothing but disrespect from people. 

And even though I'm self aware of it, I continue to do it because I am just a gullible person who thinks people will like me for me.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lilliako said:

I often sleep with my phone on and headphones plugged in. Or, Tv on. I agree with you, background noise is just relaxing.

My bad habit would be that, I care too much. I often find myself worrying too much or really adoring the people around me, and I fear about losing friends. I have bad trauma over it, and other things, and when I lose people, it doesn't faze me, but it hurts inside. I will give and give, and get nothing but disrespect from people. 

And even though I'm self aware of it, I continue to do it because I am just a gullible person who thinks people will like me for me.

I wouldn't call that being gullible, I would say that you are an optimist. I wish I could say I was, but I'm very distrusting and keep everyone at arms length...even people I'm in a relationship with. I can't say that I've had a real friend in years. Not letting people in is a defense mechanism for me. I have walls around walls around a fortress built on top of a bunker. It stops me from caring too much. It doesn't mean I don't get hurt, but it hurts a lot less than if I cared more, if that makes sense. I wouldn't recommend being me. You keep being your optimistic self because people find that an att**ctive quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
1 hour ago, OldGreqq said:

I wouldn't call that being gullible, I would say that you are an optimist. I wish I could say I was, but I'm very distrusting and keep everyone at arms length...even people I'm in a relationship with. I can't say that I've had a real friend in years. Not letting people in is a defense mechanism for me. I have walls around walls around a fortress built on top of a bunker. It stops me from caring too much. It doesn't mean I don't get hurt, but it hurts a lot less than if I cared more, if that makes sense. I wouldn't recommend being me. You keep being your optimistic self because people find that an att**ctive quality.

I'm sure a few people tend to use that defense mechanism technique, so you're not alone on that. And I understand what you mean, but if ever you do need an acquaintance, I'm willing to chat 😄 and also, thanks (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) that really means alot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine would have to be constantly overthinking/worrying. My anxiety always makes me think I’m a bother to society and that I annoy people or they just walk out of my life. I feel like I’m cursed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'm a back seat driver. 😬 I don't drive in cars much with other people driving. I'm usually the driver. I'm on a short little trip right now where I'm not driving, and I've discovered that other people driving makes me nervous. I've caught myself a few times today correcting the other driver. I've had to bite my tongue a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...