Do you believe in revenge?

Just now, Danny said:

What do you mean? Like someone doing a crime on you or what 

It can be anything. Examples being, trying to get you fired from your job or vandalizing your house or car. It could be your best friend going behind your back and sleeping with your significant other. Anything. 

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

In those kinds of instances nah if someone does illegal stuff I'd more than likely report them though, but idt that's revenge so much as consequences of their actions 

My brother has done a lot of stuff to me and other people in my life.

Have I gotten even with him or those people?

No. Absolutely not. I think before I act. Being in my 30's I don't act on impulses as much as I did when I was in my early to mid 20's. The thought of getting even is comforting. But sometimes the act itself doesn't satiate my satisfaction for getting even. However. I often don't retaliate because the last thing I want is a feud or it escalating into som*thing very bad for my health.

• Elites

Depending on the situation. I’m not a vengeful person but yeah, depends. Like Danny said there are consequences for people’s actions in certain scenarios and how severe it was, is it a reoccurring thing, how affected am I, was it done purposely.

I do, if someone wrongs me I feel a strong need to get justice, because people getting away with wrongdoings that hurt others really bothers me and I do anything in my power to correct it. but usually it backfires in some way so would not recommend

Sadly impulsiveness (and obsessiveness) are the main things I stuggle with as someone w a personality d*****r so most likely it will be a pattern throughout my life 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onision said:

Revenge is not justice. Revenge is petty.

Justice is just someone being corrected, so they stop hurting others.

So if your neighbor went over to your house. violated and m*rdered your wife and your 3 ch*ldren

Then he was arrested, charged, and convicted. The Judge and Jury's idea of justice was 15 years in pr*son for man sla*ghter. He only serves 3 years and is released because his sentence was reduced due to good behavior. Later on. You 2 meet and he states that he enjoyed what he did.

Would you feel that justice was done?

Me personally. I'd carry out my own justice on the guy who harms my family in the form of my .45

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

The first thing I thought when I read this title is how it says “believe in” and how my sister always says “it’s not a belief” whenever anyone says that. Like “they don’t believe in COVID”. Her: “it’s not a belief”, lol.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Mr.Dawn said:

The thought of getting even is comforting. But sometimes the act itself doesn't satiate my satisfaction for getting even.

What do you mean by that?

Does it exist? Of course but I'm sure that's not the intent of the question.

I prefer the reckoning over the revenge. In times in my life I have been hurt (not a legal issue, just one lacking morals, ethics, and lacking respect) I find the payoff to be more in the ability to show they hold no power of me. I aim to show them, "whatever your goal was...you failed, and you made me stronger."

For those who have wronged me and it breaches the legal side of things I fight it tooth and nail. My reason for studying law was due to a system failing me and so many others so it became very important to me to learn how to make that change. Believe it or not, I've made associates with excellent professionals within the judicial and legislative parts of the government. It is a small handful, admittedly, but I know that only seeking revenge for a crime may not only be ineffective but also turn around and put me at risk for actually being arrested.

I believe I've posted elsewhere on here perhaps but my "revenge" is that of disproving my adversaries and showing I am impossible to knock down. Since I have no family it is hard for me to say how I would react if my family were a target. I'm sure it would be much, much harder to control my impulses. 

It's taken years for me to learn how to spot corruption and even more to be in a position to do something about it. 

I am graceful in how I respond to situations where revenge can be an option. I take my time in thinking about my recourse, I learn my options, and I make sure I am incredibly prepared. If revenge was something I utilized let me at least specify that it would be as a dish best served cold.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, bones said:

Even though, the thought of it is quite pleasurable.

I like how getting even sometimes shows that your enemy wishes they never crossed paths with you. 

Right now my worst enemy is my brother. I have dark thoughts, entertaining ideas, about getting even.

• Star 1

• Elites
9 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I like how getting even sometimes shows that your enemy wishes they never crossed paths with you. 

Right now my worst enemy is my brother. I have dark thoughts, entertaining ideas, about getting even.

You know more than anyone who I envision revenge on.

If someone wronged me I would let them know why it hurt me, and if it was something that couldn't be moved on from then I would stop associating with that person.

I cut both my parents out of my life and I don't feel I need revenge as such as for their actions, I feel losing their daughter should be punishment enough. One can hope anyways.