Did You Leave Twitter Yet?

Social media is not bad by itself; the way we use it and the reasons why we use it are often bad. If we want to make changes to social media, we must change our attitudes and the way we use it. Unfortunately, I really do not think I am mature enough to do so.

I am spending too much time on social media, I do not want to read about people who constantly crave attention anymore... it is like in real life, I like who I am, but on social media, I cannot stand clout-chasers, often just like myself... I do not hate who I am offline, but I login to Twitter and boom, I do not like anyone there or myself.

I am tired of seeing the same topics and dramatic nonsense over and over. Social media is not bringing any value to my life for the most part because I am using it wrong. I do not enjoy social media anymore, and it is kinda weird because I wonder if I ever truly did.

Sadly, I have thought about deleting my Twitter. I have given a lot of thought in deleting my Twitter account; I joined Twitter and made videos about how much I disliked it and how I did not get it... but I followed the trend and joined anyway... I think it is safe to say, my life would be WAY better had I stopped using Twitter after I met the close friends in my life.

I am getting so tired of the constant struggle all around social media. I realize that something is wrong with me. I mean, who in their right mind would delete one of the most prominent social media sites on the web, when you literally profit from attention? It is a tool that I use to build a brand, to reach massive audiences and to do something meaningful for people who need help... but you cannot help anyone if you drive yourself insane right?

As I grow, I hope my mental health will improve, but it is not so simple as just saying it, it takes time... and because social media is addictive, it can be a real battle. I think for my health, I am just going to use Twitter and social media in general for simple things, like hobbies and fun... but we will see how that goes... not sure if that dream will last.

If I am distant, it is probably because I am more-so interacting with people on my discord. If you want to join, it is adults only, you can check it out here: https://www.onision.net/discord - Thanks for reading guys, stay healthy. 

That was from OnisionFans.com, a recent blog post... how do you feel about social media? How has it impacted you?

Kick Groin GIF by Idiocracy

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, Rain Dancer - Taylor said:

I use it cuz I follow a few of my favourite YouTubers for their funny humour and and channel updates. I also follow a really funny archive channel that reposts really funny clips from my favourite old youtuber but that's about it lol

Who is your favorite YouTuber?

58 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

I'm addicted to Twitter, or just social media in general. I don't think I'll ever leave lol

Have you ever taken a break? You know... to see what life is like without it for a few days?

The other day, I set my phone down for a bit, and actually opened a book... I started reading it and was like "OMG, what is this magic???"

Maybe, if you want, try setting down your phone, and look around your house... look for things that you have not taken a look at in a really long time - and maybe try to interact with that, remind yourself why you have it.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

I actually do have a book that I need to start reading because I bought it a long time ago. Maybe I'll start with that 🙂

Sounds great 🙂

8 minutes ago, Buttonz said:

I haven't been on twitter in almost 4 years. I only use Instagram, and  Facebook

Instagram is great... I think Facebook was rated like one of the worst social media sites to be on though.

• Blank 1

33 minutes ago, Onision said:

Sounds great 🙂

Instagram is great... I think Facebook was rated like one of the worst social media sites to be on though.

i like Facebook, I don't care what others think of it! 😄

Closest thing to social media I'm on is this....I dont have time for baby bull sh*t anymore....dont care what you had for lunch or where you're vacationing next, or what your opinion of how I look today. I dont need to feel like I'm part of a group, what designer hand bags you have, or little updates on something you won't care about in five years....I fell in love with the present and not having to check in what people think of my life.... #hermitlife

• Star 1

Posted (edited)

No. I mainly use twitter for my horror/gaming/paranormal groups, because I get along with the people very well. I may cut ties with reading any of my dms from a few different SM due to spam, and hate. I am not the block or ignore type of person but I'm getting there.

Edited by brittniisundae

I can give or take social media so taking a leap into forums like this so I dont feel like opinions are being forced down my throat if that makes sense? It's like on Twitter etc if your opinions differ to the "trending opinion" you're the very devil and I find that nuts 

• Elites

I think all is fair if used to spread/take in positivity and reach news you wouldn’t usually hear from regular sources or irl. I originally only made a twitter to follow Onision, I stay for the memes. Other socials for myself are used as photo storage and to keep in contact with a handful of ppl. I don’t scroll, just check my notifications and I’m out.

• Elites

I just got a Twitter account a few weeks ago. Can already detect the 1v1s of toxicity. All I do is post memes and follow neat and intelligent accounts. It's currently my only public account. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Kilo said:

I just got a Twitter account a few weeks ago. Can already detect the 1v1s of toxicity. All I do is post memes and follow neat and intelligent accounts. It's currently my only public account. 

That's kinda why I like these forums a lot... the environment is so relaxed compared to a lot of other places.

• Heart 1

• Elites
15 hours ago, Onision said:

That's kinda why I like these forums a lot... the environment is so relaxed compared to a lot of other places.

Agreed, your fans on here are so respectful and upbeat. Reddit is full of snobs, Twitter is obsessive, and 4chan is usually an evil place. This is a comfy oasis in the turbulent internet.

I don't have Twitter and I never have. You don't have to have an account to look at what someone's posted. I've only read stuff linked through news or som*thing. I'm not missing out on anything. 

I can't stand social media in general. I have a FB that I haven't used in about 3 years. I do use Messenger to keep in contact with some old military buddies. I have an IG, but I've never used that either. I'm not even sure why I have that one, lol. 

I like this forum. It's the closest I've come to social media in years. I hope it never becomes a place where people are bickering back and forth and / or shaming other people for having a different viewpoint, because then it would be no different than social media and I wouldn't want to be here anymore. 

All I have to say is people, in general, need to get over themselves. Not everyone is going to have the same political, religious, or "insert some other major socially contested topic here." Why argue about it? I don't even entertain convos about certain things because I have my opinion and I could care less what someone else's is; no one has to agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not going to get upset unless people are constantly ranting and raving AGAINST me or someone else who thinks differently than them. I keep my mouth shut and I mind my own f'ing business.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by OldGreqq

On 7/11/2021 at 9:50 PM, OldGreqq said:

I don't have Twitter and I never have. You don't have to have an account to look at what someone's posted. I've only read stuff linked through news or som*thing. I'm not missing out on anything. 

I can't stand social media in general. I have a FB that I haven't used in about 3 years. I do use Messenger to keep in contact with some old military buddies. I have an IG, but I've never used that either. I'm not even sure why I have that one, lol. 

I like this forum. It's the closest I've come to social media in years. I hope it never becomes a place where people are bickering back and forth and / or shaming other people for having a different viewpoint, because then it would be no different than social media and I wouldn't want to be here anymore. 

All I have to say is people, in general, need to get over themselves. Not everyone is going to have the same political, religious, or "insert some other major socially contested topic here." Why argue about it? I don't even entertain convos about certain things because I have my opinion and I could care less what someone else's is; no one has to agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not going to get upset unless people are constantly ranting and raving AGAINST me or someone else who thinks differently than them. I keep my mouth shut and I mind my own f'ing business.

Sorry for the rant.

Yeah I mean... sounds like you have it right - this site definitely isn't a mob of angry folks like so much of the other communities online are... I guess it's because sites like these are less about self and more about community - whereas when you have individual pools of posting, rather than one big community pool, you splash a lot more... haha.

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Yeah I mean... sounds like you have it right - this site definitely isn't a mob of angry folks like so much of the other communities online are... I guess it's because sites like these are less about self and more about community - whereas when you have individual pools of posting, rather than one big community pool, you splash a lot more... haha.

@Onision I'm just so glad you started this site because I do have social media accounts BUT this place has become my go-to now online. And I love it. It is such a nice atmosphere. I use it more than my social media accounts now.

• Heart 1