God Discussion

If God is a God of love, then why would he create humans, knowing beforehand that the majority would end up suffering for eternity?

Yeah... I think God is described as basically the creator of all things? So that would probably make him, the god of all things... which means he'd also be the God of furies and the God of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Better Than You Josh Connolly GIF by Film Riot

If God exists they are a careless God.

Just because they created everything doesn't mean they have to care & watch over everything. It explains why horrible things are allowed to happen... maybe abandonment exists in all realms.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, Onision said:

Yeah... I think God is described as basically the creator of all things? So that would probably make him, the god of all things... which means he'd also be the God of furies and the God of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

If god exists it doesn't have a gender lmao. Makes you wonder why people say the being that created the universe and everything in it is a man 🤔🤔🤔Angry Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

But anyways i think "god" is just the universe itself, not some omnipotent being who selfishly made humanity so that we would worship him

• Heart 1

That's where I stand, if there is/was a God I could only believe they created things and left. God probably has better things to do than "bless this home"

On 5/15/2021 at 1:16 AM, Two said:

If God exists they are a careless God.

Just because they created everything doesn't mean they have to care & watch over everything. It explains why horrible things are allowed to happen... maybe abandonment exists in all realms.

• Heart 2

• Elites

God...hm...

Hindus bow to each other to acknowledge the ***ty within each of us, and in that respect i do believe in God. God is in everything, if It exists: from life to stone to toxic fumes, ubiquitous. In fact to me, "unnatural" is a non-word: everything is a product of the moment before it, a product of Time. If God exists then it is present in even the ugliest and most traumatizing aspects of life: abuse, genocide, *******... I dunno... There are some strange and ethereal coincidences, like fractals, repetitions of numbers or values... But if one believes in the Almighty God, then surely they agree that said God is responsible for all aspects of creation. 

I'm unsold on any particular tangent of Faith. But physics does cause me to wonder...

• Heart 2

I believe in a higher power, whatever they or it may be. I dont follow religious books and such. I suppose I'd go the route with aliens if anything... "chariot from sky" primitive thinking at that time would be a literal chariot, their way to describe ufos...yeah I know that's weird..but I like that thought. also being raised in an extremely religious household I was constantly hearing about the second coming of christ. All my quiet thoughts... what if christ was an alien... and he hasn't returned because of how people treat each other. We have free will. I treat my environment with respect, people, and animals. Even if there is a god I wouldn't believe God is responsible for bad things or good things. As humans, we need to just do better no matter what you believe or don't. I hate the hurt and pain that religion has caused. Just the other day I was saying I was supportive of ***** with dignity and why, and I just got trampled on. So I let that go, until I found myself in a forum where people described their *****/near ***** experiences. "Just felt peace" even if it were a complete blackout...can you just imagine feeling just finally at peace? No pain? Look never stop believing whatever you do, people just need to stop hurting others 💔

• Heart 2

So if there is a God, he/she is the way they are because they have seen everything... basically nothing amuses them anymore, human life is probably uninteresting to that all powerful being by now.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

No one knows who god truly is , no one knows how he thinks but at some point in time the real truth will come and we also don’t know when will the real answers come. Me personally I don’t believe everything that’s written in the Bible only some things but I do believe a god and I believe there is more than one. I think the sky seems stranger than before but I also think it’s giving answers too by the way it looks but people just call it “ Global warming” or other things to make up excuses so that we won’t worry or stress 

On 5/25/2021 at 5:05 PM, Onision said:

So if there is a God, he/she is the way they are because they have seen everything... basically nothing amuses them anymore, human life is probably uninteresting to that all powerful being by now.

Exactly. They're probably off creating new worlds or having God level parties 

• Heart 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:27 PM, Rayn said:

Exactly. They're probably off creating new worlds or having God level parties 

If God no longer had the interest or a purpose for us, wouldn't we have died out a long time ago? The fact that the world in which we live in continues to be a hospitable place despite what careless things that you or I have done to it is proof of divine providence in and of itself. God is som*thing far beyond our understanding, so there is literally no grounds by which to judge it.

9 minutes ago, Morumotto said:

If God no longer had the interest or a purpose for us, wouldn't we have died out a long time ago? The fact that the world in which we live in continues to be a hospitable place despite what careless things that you or I have done to it is proof of divine providence in and of itself. God is som*thing far beyond our understanding, so there is literally no grounds by which to judge it.

When you leave a solar panel alone for years, does it stop collecting energy? When you plant a seed, and leave it for years, does it never grow? 

Not sure about that logic.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Onision said:

To me and from my point of view. No religious stories or theist theories and opinions make a lick of sense to me. I find them to be very unreal and absurd. It's like a badly written fictional novel that you just want to toss in the garbage and go on about your day. 

2 minutes ago, Onision said:

When you leave a solar panel alone for years, does it stop collecting energy? When you plant a seed, and leave it for years, does it never grow? 

A solar panel only continues to collect energy because it was left in as close to an ideal environment as possible for as long as it has the capacity and remains operable to fulfill its purpose. A plant can only grow when left in the optimal soil and environment in which it can prosper. 

A device that stores energy will likely be utilized by a device that requires energy to function, which is the case for much of our technology. 

A plant, like a solar panel, collects energy from the sun and converts it into a form that can be used. Namely by animals that consume plants to sustain themselves. 

Humanity is a multi-faceted creature capable of many things. What our ultimate purpose for existing is either largely unknown or is left for each individual to decide. 

23 minutes ago, t*rminated said:

To me and from my point of view. No religious stories or theist theories and opinions make a lick of sense to me. I find them to be very unreal and absurd. It's like a badly written fictional novel that you just want to toss in the garbage and go on about your day. 

Before the advent of science, myths, legends, and faith were used by humanity to try and make sense of their existence, using symbols or analogies to represent som*thing or convey a message. Religious texts and interpretations of faith would, of course, sound like nonsense to those who don't know the context. 

I wouldn't read the bible, but I certainly wouldn't prevent those who want to read it.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, Onision said:

God is in fact, an abstract concept, it could be describe as the cause of our existence.

We, as human beings, are egocentric by nature, so we have the need of feeling like our existence is valuable, so we need a meaning, and the existence of god gives  us a life purpose.

I feel that the closer definition of god is in fact, the one that Oriental culture has.

God is everywhere, you should respect everything because there might be a god inside.

When you start studying hard core science related subjects you realize one thing.

It is all the same but with different name and context. I am talking about energy.

The most pure expression of creation is just energy. Maths tell you how it is perceived, the fundamental equations that rule our world. And you just change a few letters if you are talking wether about heat transfer, wether about electricity, but it is all the same.

"Mismo perro, distinto collar"

What are we ? Just energy shaped in a convenient way, let's say, our consciences is like a wireless way of exchanging energy. Emotions.

So what is god? God is everything, everywhere, god is all the energy existing.

Energy cannot be created or transformed, same with god.

What is right or wrong? It depends on how sick and corrupted your world perception is.

I don't like unfairness, although my point of view might be different than yours.

It's because we do not follow the same EDO. 

We might be different but at the same time really alike. That's what makes us human, we can , at the end of the day find a way to understand each other.

You have being gifted with your existence, you choose. There is no wrong or right, you are not good or bad. But, as one philosopher once said, "You have the freedom of choosing but the duty of accepting the consequences" that's the human paradigma.

10 minutes ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

God is in fact, an abstract concept, it could be describe as the cause of our existence.

We, as human beings, are egocentric by nature, so we have the need of feeling like our existence is valuable, so we need a meaning, and the existence of god gives  us a life purpose.

I feel that the closer definition of god is in fact, the one that Oriental culture has.

God is everywhere, you should respect everything because there might be a god inside.

When you start studying hard core science related subjects you realize one thing.

It is all the same but with different name and context. I am talking about energy.

The most pure expression of creation is just energy. Maths tell you how it is perceived, the fundamental equations that rule our world. And you just change a few letters if you are talking wether about heat transfer, wether about electricity, but it is all the same.

"Mismo perro, distinto collar"

What are we ? Just energy shaped in a convenient way, let's say, our consciences is like a wireless way of exchanging energy. Emotions.

So what is god? God is everything, everywhere, god is all the energy existing.

Energy cannot be created or transformed, same with god.

What is right or wrong? It depends on how sick and corrupted your world perception is.

I don't like unfairness, although my point of view might be different than yours.

It's because we do not follow the same EDO. 

We might be different but at the same time really alike. That's what makes us human, we can , at the end of the day find a way to understand each other.

You have being gifted with your existence, you choose. There is no wrong or right, you are not good or bad. But, as one philosopher once said, "You have the freedom of choosing but the duty of accepting the consequences" that's the human paradigma.

Also I feel that the more knowledge we have in general about things that seem really different, for example, an artist and a scientist exchanging what they have realized in life could be useful for getting closer to give an answer to our today's questions. That's the only way of improving. Realizing we are all in the same boat, and simply, have a cup of coffee and nice talk .  

Edited by SummertimmeSahneh

3 hours ago, Morumotto said:

Before the advent of science, myths, legends, and faith were used by humanity to try and make sense of their existence, using symbols or analogies to represent som*thing or convey a message. Religious texts and interpretations of faith would, of course, sound like nonsense to those who don't know the context. 

I wouldn't read the bible, but I certainly wouldn't prevent those who want to read it.

Please don't get offended. This is all from my perspective. My life. Don't get me wrong. I do wish in my mind. That I believed gods were real. I just don't.

I grew up in a Christian family. My mother made an attempt to school me on Christianity. 

My grandparents are non practicing. They were m*thodist. My mom and her husband joined a Baptist church in town. They both told me about God. As a c***d, I couldn't comprehend what a god was for a while. My mind only cared about comic books, video games, action movies, and my friends at school. My mother only took me to church when it suited her. I also found the sermons to be extremely boring. They went through one ear and out of the other. I found myself just wanting to go home as soon as we came in. 

My father, who was a college professor taught Sociology and Anthropology, was also a member of the Presbyterian church. I read the bible many times, from old to new as a c***d growing up. So being a young boy and gullible. For a time. I believed it was real. Just like at one point in time. I believed in Santa Claus and other mythical creatures and beings. You get the idea. 

But I did go to a Christian school and the k***s there were horrible. Growing up. I've seen some t*****e Christians who don't follow the scriptures out of the book. They screw around. Some go off and break the law. 

Anyways. My father made me read a teenagers Bible at the age of 12. He'd have me read passages out of it and then do his college professor lecture impression for over an hour. The man loved to talk. 

BUT. I quickly lost interest in Christianity as a c***d like with how Church was so d*amn boring to me.  I found the Old Testament to be very boring. It droned on and on and on. Then the new testament and on and on and on it went too.

Then. Learning about history and science in school. A lot of what they were teaching conflicted and contradicted about what I read in the Bible. There were no dinosaurs. Okay. There's nothing in the Bible about the Ice Age. There's nothing in the history books in school about a world wide flood. Science facts states that there's 8.7 million species in the world. How did Noah cram all of those animals onto an ark? 

There's nothing in the history book on Jesus. In fact there's no Anthropological or Archeological proof anywhere that he existed. So there was nothing about Jesus in school. At all. Some people did ask the teacher about it. They just said that he was a literal and biblical person. We could read up about him all we wanted on Sunday was all she had to say. 

So I go to one of my father's friends at the university and talk to this guy whose a professor in Theology. He stated that's because Jesus is an Egyptian mythological retelling of the Egyptian pagan god Horus. The man claimed that he does not exist. 

Then I discover my father's books on Forensic Anthropology on Archaic humans like Home Erectus and Neanderthals. Books on the Wooly Mammoth. 

Well. I asked a few religious people and they said that it was heresy. That we didn't come from a monkey and that Lucifer planted the bones to deter us. I'm like okay. But this evidence to a once living being. Then I asked my father and said that Archaic humanoids were not a monkey. They were another species of human. 

I asked where this was in the book of Genesis and he just frowned. He really didn't say anything after that. 

Then I learned about other religions in the 6th and 7th grade on things like Hinduism, Greek Mythology, Roman Mythology, Islam, and Egyptian mythology on old d**d religions. 

And then and then I met some people who were not Christians and we talked. They strongly claimed it was not real. That the Bible was a fake. Of course still being a Christian. I was somewhat offended. A lot of the k***s I went  Middle School with did not believe in it, care about it, or practice it. They also said it was dumb. I was ostracized for even claiming to be a Christian. 

By the time I was 15. I did some research. It was stated in many books and on the Internet on how there was no proof or empirical evidence of a the existence in deities. That there are over 10,000 religions  in the world with over 28 thousand deities. Most of them d**d and and not being currently worshipped. That they were mythical and non existent beings. There were some articles on how Jesus did not exist and there was not enough historical doc*mentation or evidence suggesting that he was fictional. Then I thought Ha! lets look at Moses. The Egyptians don't even know who he is. There's nothing on the Red Sea either. 

Then I looked up Lucifer. Well, the j**s say he's not a bad guy. He's still serving the good lord in their faith. They also say that Jesus was a fraud in Judaism. 

Then I looked into the Bible and it was just described as a book of literature and a collection of old Hebrew manuscripts full of old stories by various authors. 

I hadn't yet decided for myself if I still wanted to be a Christian. 

But I did meet several people who were Atheists in high school. We all sat and talked about it in length. I really didn't like Christianity. It'd been shoved down my throat my whole life. Any questions I ever had in the youth group were met with more off the wall answers on how God did this and God did that. Those people obviously didn't seem to understand it either. So the excuse was "It's interpreted differently in other books." or "You need to re-read it or get a Saint John's Bible."

Then I discovered there were TONS of plotholes in the Bible itself. Nothing made sense. Where was this deity today? Why doesn't God speak to us anymore like he did in the old testament?

No one in Church had a f*cking clue! The only answer that'd they ever give was "Jesus died for our sins and God doesn't need to say another word." and I'm like wtf?

Then I'd sit in Church for two hours and listen to the pastor preach absurdities on the books of Matthew, Luke, John, Corinthians, so on and so forth. Then I found a passage that made no friggin sense what so ever. 

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall. enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth. ... Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will." - Matthew 7:21

and I was like okay. That's it. This is bullsh*t. I'm done with this. This isn't real at all. This book preaches about how slavery, a god that tortures c******n and causes mass genocide, incest, created Lucifer (Christianity's evil incarnate), and is responsible for everything else is all okay. It's not okay. 

And then I'd go back to school and talk to my Atheist friend, David. We'd sit and talk about it. Finally. I decided I didn't believe it. I had never had an interest in it. I was quite surprised that hardly anyone believed in it at school.

The only reason was that my parents made me "believe" out of fear. That I'd burn in the fiery depths of h**l. 

And then I thought. If God were real. He would have purposely left behind evidence. But the Bible preaches about having faith.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. ... Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don't be afraid; just believe.”

And then I thought. That's a t*****e excuse to force a religion on someone. It's a cop out as to present evidence in a church that God and Jesus were real. I can't take these people at their word. 

So I told my mother that I didn't believe in it. She was upset. It caused horrible fights. 

And then ever since. I've been researching. I'm very comfortable with my Atheism. All my searches to see if God and the Holy Trinity is real has served up no empirical evidence. There's been no findings on Jesus. No evidence at all. If there was un deniable evidence. I would more than likely take up the religion again. 

Yes. I was a Christian once.

Being an Atheist doesn't mean that I don't know anything. I wasn't always a non believer.  I had that religion forced on me by my parents when I was a little boy. I just discovered in my life. That it's not real. That it was made up. That there facts in the world that completely contradict and prove the Bible wrong. Anthropology being on of them.

But my story isn't saying that it's not okay for everyone on the forum to practice a religion. I'm just asking that no one throw religious references my way like "Even if you don't believe in God, he believes in you." or that I'm going to h**l. I don't believe in it. I find those comments to be very hateful and h***ssing and I will report anyone to staff that thinks it's cute to do that to me. That's a violation of my non beliefs. 

Edited by Terminated

The thing about God... any texts from religion show that being a follower of God won't make you exempt from suffering. I mean, look at Jesus, and he was nailed to a cross. 

I guess if anything, God would be your hope through the suffering. 

I am a Christian. The one topic I am most educated in is religion. Literally. GCU.  And it’s such touchy of a topic I stray from it, cause I try to accept that everyone believes different.

Yes, Jesus Christ was Sacrificed for the Sins of the world, which means instead of clinging to God , Jesus Christ is the one who shall and can redeem us.

To me, God isn’t perfect yes He loves us all. Weird because could never believe the delusional fact that Jesus and God are the same person, they might have the same power although Jesus Christ is the one who was tortured and endured it all. So, I cling to Jesus. And well spiritually I strongly feel like demons are lost souls and I got plenty of spirits watching over me, meh demons too. Seeing without believing is a beautiful thing and yes I definitely CAN say I have experienced the after life and I am still alive.

Might sound insane , I beg to differ.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, Onision said:

I think to put it simply and sadly, it’s Adam and Eves fault that Sin was created, blame the apple they ate that the snake conned them into eating. God warned them not to trust the snake. The silliest part of the story I just believe everyone is born with sin and redemption is a process perhaps only Jesus can fulfill because Jesus Christ is the one we are supposed to ask for forgiveness silently when we do sin. To put it blatantly obvious, everyone sins. Just there’s different ways to do it and does not mean us as humans and individuals cannot be redeemed. Then again, this is more so the Christian belief as much as the Roman Catholics are eerily similar.... the Romans are the ones who tortured Jesus 

Also every sin and every consequence is different. 

On the upside the beautiful thing about life and religion, we as people will never have the answers to the afterlife. To me that’s a good thing because there’s so much speculation about religion so to me not one single person will ever have the answer.....Until our time is ready I guess to add onto that

On the upside the beautiful thing about life and religion, we as people will never have the answers to the afterlife. To me that’s a good thing because there’s so much speculation about religion so to me not one single person will ever have the answer.....Until our time is ready I guess to add onto that

oh and

Amen.

4 hours ago, Steff said:

I am a Christian. The one topic I am most educated in is religion. Literally. GCU.  And it’s such touchy of a topic I stray from it, cause I try to accept that everyone believes different.

It is. The first thing you don't want to do in a religious debate is state your beliefs as if they were a fact which is what we call a argumentum ad populum fallacy. It leaves you wide open for criticism as you have demonstrated with most of your post.   MOST if not all Theists (Christians, Muslims, Hindus) go off of unevidenced claims and assertions that their beliefs are factual. Muslims make unevidenced claims that Allah is real. Hindu's make the same claims as well. The bible no more validates its claims, than the Harry Potter books validate wizardry. You've already gone off of claims made by bible in most of your post.  And those claims have not ben demonstrated, Unless there is some objective evidence for it? The bible is not an historical document. There is no historical, physical, or archaeological evidence supporting that Jesus or your patron deity ever existed. 

• Star 1

6 hours ago, t*rminated said:

It is. The first thing you don't want to do in a religious debate is state your beliefs as if they were a fact which is what we call a argumentum ad populum fallacy. It leaves you wide open for criticism as you have demonstrated with most of your post.   MOST if not all Theists (Christians, Muslims, Hindus) go off of unevidenced claims and assertions that their beliefs are factual. Muslims make unevidenced claims that Allah is real. Hindu's make the same claims as well. The bible no more validates its claims, than the Harry Potter books validate wizardry. You've already gone off of claims made by bible in most of your post.  And those claims have not ben demonstrated, Unless there is some objective evidence for it? The bible is not an historical document. There is no historical, physical, or archaeological evidence supporting that Jesus or your patron deity ever existed. 

oh and

Amen.

6 hours ago, t*rminated said:

That’s why I didn’t want to reply. I will delete the post. 

That’s your belief. I accept it, sorry I offended you. 
Understand that you just retaliated though.

Also repeated post was a complete typo. Just for clarification at least. Clarification for me anyway. 

2 hours ago, Steff said:

oh and

Amen.

That’s why I didn’t want to reply. I will delete the post. 

That’s your belief. I accept it, sorry I offended you. 
Understand that you just retaliated though.

Also repeated post was a complete typo. Just for clarification at least. Clarification for me anyway. 

I'm in no way offended. All I did was point out that you were making claims about your beliefs. Nothing more as I haven't made any Ad Hominem Fallacious arguments against you. 

You're more than welcome to worship and believe in the existence in any deity you want. I didn't say you couldn't. 

But. What is a problem when you're making unevidenced claims is that you come off speaking for everyone else. An example when talking about it and assuming everyone just believes in it.

Not all of us share your beliefs. Some of us are not Theists. 

So it's best to contain it to "I believe or in my opinion" when you state your beliefs rather than make unevidenced claims as if they were fact unless you can present evidence.

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Ash Analytical said:

I love that this is a thing.  I got in trouble for posting on the older forum for a controversial God topic, so I love this can now be discussed. Love the new ideas/site. I still can't figure out how to get into your discord 

You can DM me for help with setup.

• Blank 1

3 hours ago, Steff said:

Oh. You’re not offended. I am. It’s ok. 

Let’s just end the conversation here. If you respond, you’re wrong. Have a good day.

I'll admit I'm wrong when you can provide the necessary emperical evidence. Enjoy your day then.

16 hours ago, t*rminated said:

I'll admit I'm wrong when you can provide the necessary emperical evidence. Enjoy your day then.

Ok. I’m a paranormal investigator.

9 hours ago, Leaf_ said:

this is what I believe in ^

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdc7PPSD/

^this guy helped my questioning self look into Christianity and fully denounce it as a possibility from my life.

ima just drop these links here and back away slowly

Much love and respect💕 as I feel I should have could have worded mine different. Is what it is; I just wanted to say that although I have my own beliefs I definitely respect and try to be as accepting as I can that not everyone believes the same way. And I’m actually a person that has researched willingly and unwillingly things relating to all cultures and religions and it is very interesting insight. It’s interesting to me because like I stated there is no concrete evidence or proof *yes I believe tapping into energy can have serious or dangerous affects* *hence demons/spirits IF they even exist* *contradiction* *le sigh* and whatever a person believes deep down is perfectly fine u know. That’s life. And I just know the world is full of good and evil and I refuse to believe this world is filled with more evil than good. I just quoted you randomly I honestly am going to check out those links without judgement because truthfully in reality and real life beside social media I am a person who is very open and accepting given I let the opportunity happen. Makes me sound unapproachable ....i am approachable though! =]

Sorry for quoting you randomly, if you don’t respond it’s alright. Was replying to the topic more than anything although I will end this with a XO ox xo ox xoxo

One more thing, although I am a Christian I have my own moral beliefs.... so that’s why people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. 
My favorite phrase, due to the fact that the entire house would shatter.

PUN intended =]💞🎈

ѕoмeтιмeѕ тнereѕ a gιanт parт oғ мe тнaт вelιeveѕ ιn noтнιng aт all. ⓐⓝⓓ ⓣⓗⓞⓢⓔ ⓜⓞⓜⓔⓝⓣⓢ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓢⓒⓐⓡⓨ ⓣⓞ ⓜⓔ.

doesn’t happen that often though. *backs away slowly * *trying to be silly * 😭🙃🤍

• Star 1

4 hours ago, Steff said:

ѕoмeтιмeѕ тнereѕ a gιanт parт oғ мe тнaт вelιeveѕ ιn noтнιng aт all. ⓐⓝⓓ ⓣⓗⓞⓢⓔ ⓜⓞⓜⓔⓝⓣⓢ ⓐⓡⓔ ⓢⓒⓐⓡⓨ ⓣⓞ ⓜⓔ.

Could you tell us more about why you sometimes feel this way?

As an Atheist. The Christians in my home town, people I know assume I believe in nothing. They have made remarks stating that it takes more "faith" to believe in "nothing" .

Well. The official definition of Atheism is the lack of or disbelief in the existence of deities. It doesn't mean heretic or devil worshipper as I was accused of recently by a 7th Day Adventist who I worked with. His point is that because I don't believe in his or anyone's deity that I'm a "vessel" for Satan.

He quit and went to become a pastor for some Baptist church. I'm so thankful he's gone.

But my point is. I believe my family loves me & I believe in a lot of small none superstitious things that most don't care about. That's fine.

But I don't believe in nothing. 

And sure. I would love to believe in the existence of a deity but I can't go on "faith" like every other religion demands. I can't go off of the words of others. 

I was a Christian until I was 15. I wasn't happy. I had a lot of doubt and lack of belief. My ex wife forced me to go. I tried to believe in it. I can't.

It's really been a huge obstacle in my life. I've read the Bible from the old to New Testament several times. Listened to the sermons. 

Ultimately. I chose not to believe in it. It all sounded silly and fictional to me.

There's a lot of other things such as Anthropology and evolutionary theory and what I've read and learned about that conflicts with all of it. Aside from no real evidence to give me an opportunity to believe in any deity. Not just the Christian deity. 

But if any religious person, Muslim or Christian or Hindu etc etc presented me undeniable evidence or summoned their deity. Okay, I'd say they win and I'll convert.

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

Hey, all that I said in that other paragraph or ANYTHING I write or say is not directed at anyone this I want to just say first. 

Apologies if it seems that I was trying to start or if you took it that way, I skimmed through the paragraph you wrote just now to try to understand what you are saying. And whether you feel the same or not it’s all good truly saying this calmly sitting in my chair. 

Hm though I will definitely come back to this and answer when I am not in the middle of my routines &+ writers block going on all up in my brain. 

Like I said, I try to accept and just all people feel and think 🤔 in their own ways regardless of fact. That’s life, I guess right. 

I CAN say that I believe more than I don’t although my mind can become forgetful, I can become inconsolable, and dissociative when I am really really upset. So, maybe what I mean by *nothing* is that when I feel like I have NOTHING to turn to, I try not to blame the afterlife I more so silently call for some thing and when I feel like I don’t get the answers it just upsets me. Demons are lost to me, not evil.... if they exist , I just want them to not be lost. I literally don’t think Evil is what most of the world thinks ya know. Hey you asked me and I just took the time to respond and hey 👋🏻 I just joined in on this discussion so trying to remain as respectful as I can and just be the best version of me.

Oppression is the word that comes to mind for some odd reason.

Edited by Steff
  • Star 1