What Was Your Dream Job Growing Up?

Posted (edited)

So tell us what was your dream job when you was like 10 or 12.

Did you do it?  Or did you choose something else? 

I wanted be a teacher. When I became older I saw i didn't had right education for it. If I wanted be a teacher i would be busy for school for 15 years or I had to pay for some papers en do some tests. It would cost me 1/1,5k I didn't had money for that... My mom didn't have a job for 12 years so she couldn't pay it for it either... 

Now we are low in teachers here now if you want become one its easy just give lessons on schools in what your job is.

Yeah... I learned for IT computer stuff i got my diploma for that. I tried like 3 other schools, but didn't work for me.

Later I wanted be in the military but i became pragnent. So now I'm back with IT computers I'm trying to get my skils higher so that I can do things I love that repairing computers phones consols. My interest is there who knows maybe one day I will become a teacher learn students how computers works how to fix them. 

Edited by cool.dus.niet
Typo
  • Heart 1

• Mod

I also wanted to be a teacher! When I was a kid, I wanted to be a math teacher for some reason lol. After I graduated high school, I decided to be a preschool teacher but ended up working at daycares as a teacher's assistant. Then I realized it wasn't the job for me so I went into the profession of working with elderly people, which I've done for 8 years. Now I'm trying to figure out what else I want to do lol.

• Heart 1

I wanted to join the army until i was 14 the reasons why i wanted to join was because my great grandpa had fought in one of the world wars and i looked up to him and wanted to be just like him im now stu***** to become a concept artist.

• Heart 1

I was really excited about joining the military, being part of something bigger... but my dreams were kind of crushed... it's that never meet your heroes concept...

Basically I've been depressed ever since... it was a pretty upsetting experience and after my soul was crushed in the military I've been pretty... confused about who I even am or what my future is.

Wild stuff.

Military GIF by memecandy

• Heart 2
  • Star 1

• Elites

I wanted to join the military then become a police officer afterwards. I wanted to make a difference, be one of the good ones bc police involvement in my younger years were make it or break it moments and it was a let down bc I was looked at as just a silly minor at the time. But adulthood had other plans and at a $15 starting rate It’s not realistic. Especially with the ACAB movement currently oof 

I plan on getting into real estate that was my second option 

• Heart 1

I wanted to be a trauma surgeon, but I joined the military instead and got released due to health reasons. I was depressed and gave up. I got married, had ***s and put my dreams on hold because my ***s were the only thing that could bring me joy. 4 years ago I went back to school to become and EMT, 3 years ago I went through Fire Academy. 

I’m too old to be a trauma surgeon now so my second dream was to be a Flight Medic. That one is still within my reach. 

Further to add. I did live one of my dream careers for a short while. No longer than 6 months. My mother and I opened a game store. Much like Game Stop. It didn't do very well and it was on the bad side of town. She ended up packing up and selling it this couple who ran into the ground further and ended up going out of business. 

A doctor in the mental field. I wanted to follow in some family business, and help others. Little did I know I'd be on the opposite end a few years later. 

suicide squad joker GIF

Now I'm just doing some reporting under a doc, eventually I hope to become a counselor. Side jobbing helping running errands for others in need, and creating projects with writing, music, starting some film stuff soon I hope.

I think I kinda really figured it out when I saw my sister come back from the military, still being herself and I thought, yeah, I could do that - then my dreams were crushed so... bummer on that.

When I was younger, I couldn’t make up my mind of what I wanted to be. I felt as if I could be anything, like a teacher, artist, singer, dancer, and actress all in one. Over time I felt as if my purpose was to try to find a way to create the thoughts I had in my head while also being there for people the way I always felt I would want people to be there for me. I am constantly striving to find ways to find ways in how to put the thoughts I have in my head out in the world, because it can always be better.

I wanted to be a jockey. Like a horse racing jockey. I didn't even have a horse and my parents couldn't afford riding lessons, lol. I realized by age 12 that I was going to be too big to be one. Jockeys are typically short and very small. They have to be lightweight. I reached my full height and weight by age 12, which at the time was almost 5'6" and about 105-110 lbs. A little on the tall side compared to most jockeys but ok on weight. I thought I was going to grow more and be too big, but I never did. It wasn't a realistic dream anyway. 

Enable Horse Racing GIF by Ascot Racecourse