People With No Chill

Admin

I'll admit I have my cynical moments, but I feel I'm pretty positive for the most part. This is why I try to avoid "energy vampires", this is not a simple task for me. I'm around/helping others who are in dark places. We can't help a lot of what life throws at us, just how we react, cope, or adapt. I find myself to be drained and need to recharge after my interactions. The conversations I have with some people drain me, but I find it's best to leave them with a positive message, something thought provoking, just to turn the tables before I leave. Hoping the next time we talk it has helped (even just a little). & I keep pushing with it. Some people are just hard to budge. So, ultimately it's your choice to leave them be, or try and try. 🤷‍♀️😕

• Heart 3

• Elites

I try to meet people where they are at and I admit as someone who is technically considered terminally ill I just don't sweat the small things.  I literally don't have that kind of time to waste. That being said I find when someone is in that space it's because they don't feel heard or understood so I try my best while still keeping boundaries to hear and understand them. With social media we share more than we ever have while being more lonely than ever. That's no accident. We can't connect when we are functioning inside of curated ads. The mental health issues we now see are a product of that.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites

Yes, daily! Like, I have depression & anxiety yet I’m still mostly positive and chill about every day life seemingly more than the people I come in contact with. Everyone seems on edge and okay with themselves being like that not caring how it affects others. You are obviously expressing something is wrong and it hurts me to see someone hurting but they blow you off continuing their frustrations.. Confusing.. A bit irritating when you try to be there to help but nothing works. Like, it’s going to be all alright don’t turn mole hills into a mountain.. I’m sure we could work something out but go off I guess..

I try to be there for everyone I have contact with, but for some people they have been downgraded to occasional 'post a meme in their DM's' tier. Usually if they continue unloading their problems on me to the point where I drop everything I am doing to help them but then when I have something I need their help with they are suddenly 'busy'.

@brittniisundae I very much related to what you said here! 🌻

Despite my own shortcomings & potential grumpiness, I feel that putting out positive energy towards everyone (like dealing with the public for work) actually improves the day for a lot of them and can turn someone to potentially treat me more kindly than when they first walked in. Kindness’ ripple effect is no joke! 

• Star 1

14 minutes ago, lilith said:

@brittniisundae I very much related to what you said here! 🌻

Despite my own shortcomings & potential grumpiness, I feel that putting out positive energy towards everyone (like dealing with the public for work) actually improves the day for a lot of them and can turn someone to potentially treat me more kindly than when they first walked in. Kindness’ ripple effect is no joke! 

I believe so too! ❤ When I worked retail, I could get this vibe about a person, so I'd ask them in a subtle, and always caring way, instead of the robotic "hi how are you ×then continue task×" I'd ask something like "So, how's your day been?" They would open up immediately. Some people would actually go into their life story. They needed to talk, to vent, to get anything off their chest. I'd often get repeated people coming through my line just to talk. & I didn't mind that at all, I wanted to connect with costumers, to be there for them, and they knew that.. they'd leave with something like "thank you so much for listening" or "I'll let you know how it goes next time" the only person who did was a very jealous supervisor. No matter what I did with this supervisor, she would always say something about my work. Even if my staple to papers were a little "off". My old boss before he left, promoted me often. 

One customer complained "she needs to be here with the public", but my boss reassured them I'd still be there, actually, I was all over the place. & my coworkers even noticed this about my supervisor. They thought it was because of her boyfriend who would consistently dump her and get back with her. (He was one of my regulars) I even offered her support. She didn't budge, and just gave me a mean girl stare, all the time. let's just say she made my work draining and I missed my old boss. I even had a concussion at work, no attention other than a phone call to corporate to "diagnose" me, and tell me to complete my shift. I ended up having to drive myself to a close by hospital afterwards. 

But yes ❤ that kindness you can give even if its just a little chat, means the world to a lot of people. 😊 That's why I still do it to this day, but sometimes I need a little "me time" to recharge after. Feeling others emotions can take a lot out of you. But it's all with good intentions. 

• Heart 1

There's people out there that you just can't be nice to. You're always going to have that one a**hole at work who just makes everyone m*******e around them. Sometimes they get so toxic you start wishing the worst on them so you don't have to put up with their bullsh*t anymore. Then you have that one person who goes around stabbing everyone in the back just to further their own agenda.  I understand not "getting along" with someone. But these people obviously never learned the definition of respect and they never learned that sometimes messing with the wrong person can lead to repercussions down the road. People really don't think about what can happen later on when you tread on the wrong person. Some people don't dish out pay back immediately. They do it when no one else is there to help. I've been in that position myself. I always try to be nice. I never know if I'm dealing with a psycho. 

On 6/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, Onision said:

You ever talk to someone and it’s so obvious they want to be unhappy? Like they could easily be happy if they tried but instead a conversation goes like this:

Hey what’s up?

”What? You don’t know? Pshh”

Huh?

”What is your problem?”

I… was just asking what’s up, how are you?

“*scoffs* Whatever.”

Hope you feel better.

”Oh wow thanks. *scoffs*”

waka flocka GIF

Me every time I compliment you, lol just kidding 😂 usually you’re in a good mood think I just annoy you 🤔