Let's talk about ~ family

• Mod

The only people I hang out and spend time with are family members. I'm close with my family and my sister and I are like best friends. My family members usually go out to restaurants or on trips together.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I’m closer to my family then I used to be.

Before I managed my mental illness when I was a lot worse than I am now sanity wise my parents disowned me, when me and my identical twin sister had a falling out. She asked everyone to choose her or me and they chose her. And I was fine with that. I was very mentally ill but my family was also very dysfunctional and tox*c. It helped me to get away from them even if by circumstances. 

Since then everyone has done a ton of work on their issues and we are starting to be able to have a healthy relationship again. And I’m super grateful cause I do love them as people.

Me and my sister still are estranged and I am fine with that. She has a bit of a god/control complex, has said she “sees me as her arm/ organ” and basically acts like talking to me in any way is some huge favor from a divine on behalf of the entire family. Almost like i have to do a blood sacrifice to summon her. Emailing her is quote “an extreme privilege (she) can revoke at any time.” Lol it would actually be super funny if it didn’t hurt me as deeply. 

My lil bro and I are getting closer. He’s really cool and chill. Like way cooler than me lol. His computer is like the size of a mini fridge. He built it and it’s awesome. Super talented. 

Someone might read this and some of my other posts around the forum, add 2+2 and be like; what the h**l Anna your life is messed up. Not really lol. It’s much better now than it used to be by far. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I’m not very close with my family. I have a bad relationship with my father resulting in his lack of presence in my life. Having been forced to stay with my mother I managed to find myself kicked out of the house at 18. Trying my best to manage. At least I can say I have a family.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Okay, who put The Bean family up as the picture? 🤣 I'm giggling so hard. I'm sorry all...

Oh family...mine is just messy. 😕 Some have been bright stars, others have shown their dimming & dark side. I've had to learn some tough lessons, but hey...it's part of life. 

• Heart 1

• Elites

I’m envious of people who have family that can also their friends. I won’t say I have a good or bad relationship with my family. I’d say it’s boarder line typical family dynamics. We meet up on holidays and put on a happy face while someone in the family is fighting over som*thing political lol.  I embrace the roll of being the cool Aunty tho and try to be as active as I can with my nieces and nephews.

• Heart 1

Well, my mom, youngest sibling, and step dad all  live 12 hours away so I don’t ever get to see them. I think I’d be closer with them if they were…well, closer lmao. My younger sister lives in the same state as me but we’re kinda on bad terms atm. We used to be really close tho. 

my bio-dad is dead to me, has been for the past 7 years. As for the rest of my family, I’m not super close with them either. 

when I do get to see my parents and youngest sib, it’s really fun. We go out to eat, do escape rooms, see movies. It’s really nice. I miss them a lot. 

• Star 2

36 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

😒 when inlaws butt dial you, and you hear three minutes each time of their negative, rude, mean words. Then a text comes in "oh no, did you hear any of that?" 🧐 but you were so nice to my face though. 

mr bean grump GIF

“Butt dial” 

• Funny 1