Insurance Experience Horror Stories?

Admin

Have you ever had a bad insurance experience?

The only time I've ever had an issue was with my car. I crashed it into a deer (on accident obvi) and totalled my car, got stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Aaaand my Insurance covered none of it - turns out, there are specific things you can protect your car from, apparently Deer have their own category... UGH.

Anyway, the car was only $2,000 in the total value so it was an easier lesson to learn.

Look at me, complaining about car insurance when the deer got the short end. Rude.

• Mod

Lol well at least you didn't get hurt. I've only had minor car accidents like accidentally hitting the back of someone's car and someone putting their car in reverse in a drive thru line and hitting the front of my car, but no damage was done with either one.

I had a semi back into me. It was a semi without a trailer on it. I have no idea why, but we were sitting at a red light and he just started backing up. I had nowhere I could go, so the hood of my car got crunched. I don't know if he thought he had more room or what. He was driving a Penske truck, but it was a rented one for some company he was driving for. It was a nightmare trying to get his company insurance to pay for everything. First I had to go Penske, who had to go to the company the guy was driving for. It was a month and a half before I actually got to take my car in to get fixed. I drove around with my car looking like this. It eventually got fixed, but sadly I hit a deer 9 months later and my insurance totaled it. I have a newer and better Subaru now. 🙃

20180330_031449_copy_910x1618.thumb.jpg.6f50b1821c1cc2de740b8749e04df6f6.jpg

On 7/3/2021 at 7:59 PM, OldGreqq said:

I had a semi back into me. It was a semi without a trailer on it. I have no idea why, but we were sitting at a red light and he just started backing up. I had nowhere I could go, so the hood of my car got crunched. I don't know if he thought he had more room or what. He was driving a Penske truck, but it was a rented one for some company he was driving for. It was a nightmare trying to get his company insurance to pay for everything. First I had to go Penske, who had to go to the company the guy was driving for. It was a month and a half before I actually got to take my car in to get fixed. I drove around with my car looking like this. It eventually got fixed, but sadly I hit a deer 9 months later and my insurance totaled it. I have a newer and better Subaru now. 🙃

20180330_031449_copy_910x1618.thumb.jpg.6f50b1821c1cc2de740b8749e04df6f6.jpg

Man, your car really just didn't like having a nice face. Glutton for a mangle job that car.

Your car is so fat, when it backs up, it goes beeep beeeeeeeep.

200.gif