Are you Religious?

Admin

Are you religious?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your financial and religious status?

• I have a lot of money and I'm religious.
    • I don't have a lot of money and I'm religious.
    • I have a lot of money and I'm NOT religious.
    • I don't have a lot of money and I'm NOT religious.

I read up on this thing... it basically stated that if you have more money, you're less likely to be religious... how weird right? Are you religious?

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 1.02.29 PM.jpg

Here's a map if you wanna know what your situation is...
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 1.14.19 PM.jpg

Not that weird imo- if you don't have the privilege of enjoying a lot of material luxuries in this life, makes sense that you'd want to believe in another life where you have everything you'd ever need. 

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Not that weird imo- if you don't have the privilege of enjoying a lot of material luxuries in this life, makes sense that you'd want to believe in another life where you have everything you'd ever need. 

Ah, not weird from THAT perspective, but have you considered this one?

People who experience the most struggle, seem to thank God or gods the most... "Praise Jesus" and all that, despite the difficult circ*mstances they're in... you would think it would be the wealthy who would praise unseen forces the most. They've benefitted the most in life, and therefore have more to be thankful for, and yet... they're not.

6 minutes ago, Onision said:

I read up on this thing... it basically stated that if you have more money, you're less likely to be religious... how weird right? Are you religious?

I have been raised in a religious enviroment, by Christians, despites my father who had asian ascendant and was not that religious, I have been given the chance to learn about spanish Christianism. There are somethings I enjoyed when going to the church with other k***s, our priests were cool, we had one that felt in love with a women and left the church, he was the coolest. But there are other things I don´t like about it. Sometimes it felt like the church cared more about getting money, donations, than, giving you a proper education, fair, moral.

At least, were I lived, I had the opportunity to debate about almost any topic, not all of them, but, eventought we were childs, we were given a lot of freedom for discussing . I used to love talking to the priest, and they had some cute things to say, I still want to go back to the church just, for talking about life, and seeing the new priests generation, and discussing about god´s values.

The problem with religion, idsthat it is often used by corrupted people to undercover their evil actions. Nowadays I do not believe in god that much as I used to, I don´t have the same perspective as god that I used to have. And nowing more about where I come from and other religions.

I feel closer to japanese old way of thinking, before capitalism. It is just what my soul tells me. But I do not regret anything that christianism has gave me. I respect people, but I am aware it is not seem as I´ve percieved it throughout the years. 

My home town might not be the most perfect one, but, despites a few members of my family, and some k***s that were having a bad time, I see no evil. Well, in fact, learning why people act a certain way makes me think, they are not that mean. So, I could consider myself an hibrid. 

8 minutes ago, Onision said:

Ah, not weird from THAT perspective, but have you considered this one?

People who experience the most struggle, seem to thank God or gods the most... "Praise Jesus" and all that, despite the difficult circ*mstances they're in... you would think it would be the wealthy who would praise unseen forces the most. They've benefitted the most in life, and therefore have more to be thankful for, and yet... they're not.

I feel like rich people like to credit themselves and their ✨entrepreneurial spirit✨ for their wealth instead 😂

10 minutes ago, Sierra said:

I can tell you, it is really sad, my grand mother has always been very religious.

She has a lot of faith, and , depression. She does not hurt anybody with her beliefs. But is really sad.

Life is a present, and it is so sad that people with mental issues cannot see that.

You should try to live and experience as much as you can.

Being fair to yourself and your surroundings. Doing the "right thing" just for having the possibility of eternal present does not make sense.

But certain people need the existance of god. They need a justification for the misery they have choosen .

Others are just used to it, and they find it comforting. When I was 8 I loved hearing that my father was like "in a trip" going somewhere else.

And hearing that animals go to heaven too.

All theses things were just comforting.

Praying is in fact a way of meditation. Well being honest I was a lame altar boy xD. I was always pretending I was praying, when I was not.

And talking and talking. I did not like going to the church for praying , but It was really fun talking.

2 minutes ago, Sierra said:

I feel like rich people like to credit themselves and their ✨entrepreneurial spirit✨ for their wealth instead 😂

Umm Let´s imagine that point of view. Money is valuable, it can be exchanged as time, favours, experiences.

When you have that much power in your hands, it is hard not getting corrupted, you have to be really straight foward , honest, to not get lost on it.

I will set an example , my father was raised in a farm, with no money, he lost his mother by a kidney infection when he was a k*d. He worked since he was really really young. He was smart, he could study. He could go to a place with more opportunities. He earned a decent amount of money.

My mother, in contra part, was from a , not poor, but wealthy family, she didn´t work until she finished her degree. She was gorgeous too, so she had an easy life in that aspect. Not that hard.

They fell in love, and the differences started showing up, while people that have come a long long way before, getting success, tend to be more honest, relable , stable.

The ones that had success like, it is not a big deal, are more likely to "get lost easily" and spend lots lots of money ,start buying useless crap for solving their problems, d***s, unless they have someone honest and humble by their side.

That is the main reason   why you cannot talk in general. These two are not millionaires, but they made a good team, and got lots of properties.

And talking about money, I DONT EVEN HAVE 100 DOLARS IN MY BANK ACCOUNT.

I don´t feel like I own anything my family has worked for.

I mind my own buissness, I don´t have an expensive phone ( I like xiaomi I will never pay more than 150-200 euros for a phone.

I have never been too picky with things. I love investing in quality food. Sometimes I buy fitness products.

My mother gets paid for having me studying and I try not to excess that.

I loved solving problems and looking for the best way to get a nice deal.

Sometimes if I get a really good mark I get a nice amount of money because in university they give you back the subject import if you are pretty good.

On the other hands, I have accepted presents from my family and friends. But never from strangers. Also that is applied in favours.

When I was a k*d I used to love giving presents to the people I knew and liked. 

Nowadays I think I have bitter xD because I do not go expending money on random presents, or people.

I´d rather give you a nice experience, talking , exchanging info, feeling comfortable.

I value that more than anything else.

But I understand that money is important and sometimes, it is the only way if you want to help, for example, in this case, with this forum.

I forgot to mention it, but I feel it deserves it.

3 minutes ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

people that have come a long long way before, getting success, tend to be more honest, relable , stable.

The ones that had success like, it is not a big deal, are more likely to "get lost easily" and spend lots lots of money ,start buying useless crap for solving their problems, d***s, unless they have someone honest and humble by their side.

That is the main reason   why you cannot talk in general.

Pls those are also both generalizations I-

Miss J Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Speaking from personal experience, I've known many people who have inherited wealth (trust fund babies, people who have famous family, etc) and they're all wayyy more chill and discreet about it than the people I know who've started out poor and worked their way up, those people like to rub it in your face constantly 🤷🏽‍♀️ it's like when people win the lottery and end up penniless years later- a lot of times if you didn't grow up with it, you end up blowing it all bc you don't know how to maintain it as well as someone who was raised to preserve their own family's wealth

25 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Pls those are also both generalizations I-

Miss J Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Speaking from personal experience, I've known many people who have inherited wealth (trust fund babies, people who have famous family, etc) and they're all wayyy more chill and discreet about it than the people I know who've started out poor and worked their way up, those people like to rub it in your face constantly 🤷🏽‍♀️ it's like when people win the lottery and end up penniless years later- a lot of times if you didn't grow up with it, you end up blowing it all bc you don't know how to maintain it as well as someone who was raised to preserve their own family's wealth

That´s an interesting point of view, I have a few references with that, but not a bunch of them.

It makes sense. Well, in fact, I think that a lot of people I see in my daily basics could fit what you are saying. Most of people would waste it all.

I think that what you have said right now could fit more what happens when you make it.

For example, in youtube I love certain channels that talk a lot about nowadays women. And they even brought a group of young girls that just started making a lot of money by being instagram models, and with their only fan accounts.

And what the girls said about what they were doing with their money, was in fact , what you are saying, buying really expensives houses, cars etc. Not finding another source for keeping their wealth. The guys that were hosting them were trying to make them figure it out .

I do not have in my surroundings people that have just made it, so I think I cannot contribute to that fully , but I can add  examples for good sources.

I'm a proud Atheist. I'm anti religious / non - superstitious. I do not believe in the existence of gods. I grew up in a Christian household. However I quit believing due to lack of evidence and lack of belief. I quit believing in the existence of deities as young as 12 and I believe they are all fictional. Historians couldn't prove that Jesus or Moses ever existed.  There's no strong or physical evidence suggesting that they ever existed.

The story of Jesus is a retelling of the Horus mythology. The Earth is not 10,000 years old as Christians believe. The Bible denies the existence of dinosaurs. The bible denies Forensic Anthropology and the existence of archaic humanoids in the book of Genesis. The first men such as Homo Erectus and the Neanderthal did evidently exist. Evolution evidently exists. The Bible in general contradicts science and logical understanding. 

The bible states that incest, slavery, and genocide are okay.  The biblical god is a psychopathic insecure homicidal monster who commits genocide, tortures innocent ch*ldren, and unleashes horror and suffering on mankind. According to the bible this god is all-powerful and all-knowing, created this universe and is thus responsible for everything that has happened.

The Bible is a claim. Just like all religion is. Not the proof for a higher power. I believe that religion is mankind's greatest lie. 

Edited by Terminated
Filling in the blanks.

The more educated on religions you get the less religious you get, either going atheist or becoming “spiritual”. Same for if you get counseling about surviving ab**e. You start seeing it inherent in some systems by how they are set up. I think there’s some valid coping mechanisms in theology that I still use, but I’m done with organized religion. I just can’t justify enabling one doing the same ab**ive things as another I’m supposed to cut off. It doesn’t make sense. I either cut the ab**e from my life or I choose to endure it. But it’s being ab**ed no matter if it’s a boyfriend, family, or a church. 

some people want to be controlled so they don’t have to take responsibility for their own choices because they aren’t actually making their own choices. It’s just not for me. I want to be valued. And to value. But I get actual full accountability is tough to do so I don’t blame people for taking the easy way out. 

• Heart 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, Admin said:

Here's a map if you wanna know what your situation is...
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 1.14.19 PM.jpg

This is not weird at all, and all humans are religious/tribal.

We are forced to be by out tribal genes.

It is quite natural for us to seek the security and fellowship of tribes and religions.

We invent gods to help us.

Atheists are presently forming churches to insure that they do not lose their ch*ldren to a supernatural religion and recognize their ch*ldren's need of fellowship and security.

Humanity is demonstrably the most insecure animal on the planet. 

That is why we invent the vile genocidal gods that the really right wing insecure mainstream favors.

Some grow into a better moral thinking when they grow up.

That is when they luck out and go Gnostic.

Regards

DL