YouTubers Who Used To Be Famous...?

Onision

• Administrator

What is a good example of a YouTuber who used to be famous but isn't really well known anymore?

I got a couple... Jessie Paege and CrankThatFrank... used to get 50 - 500k views a video...

Crank hasn't uploaded in 6 months: https://www.youtube.com/c/CrankThatFrank/videos

Jessie is... kinda still doin it: https://www.youtube.com/c/jessiepaege/videos

Also, honorable mention, used to be one of the top YouTubers, now is like... wuuuutt?

CTFXC: https://www.youtube.com/ctfxc

Oh yeah, and me... hahahahahahaha.

teehee GIF

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Oh I had no idea lol

A lot of people switch platforms or just cease to exist... social media is funny... fame in general... people get their taste of fame and decide it's just not for them anymore... that or their fans just get over it.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Onision said:

A lot of people switch platforms or just cease to exist... social media is funny... fame in general... people get their taste of fame and decide it's just not for them anymore... that or their fans just get over it.

Yeah true, or they try something new with their channel and it doesn't work out causing them to lose views and subscribers. I'm glad there are some YouTubers from back then still making videos to this day, you included 😃

54 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Animated GIFey boss. 

I miss him. But I believe he really knew he reached the peak, youtube would down him if he continued to this day. Evolved to musician status. 🌟

Here's a reupload of a video Joji put up about half way through his FilthyFrank career.

I think this video really encapsulates why he had to stop doing it. On one hand, he had devoted his life and time to being a meme. He made a lot of people happy, but it was all essentially a big satirical act which made fun of the serious pain and issues he dealt with. Everybody knew him as Frank, everybody knew him as Pink Guy, Salamander Man, Chinchin etc. but nobody seemed to know him as George.

Jim Carrey would talk about similar things - all these characters that he'd been playing over the years - and how it made him question how different "Jim" was from any of these acts. I assume that for George/Joji it has been something similar.

He probably reached a point where he asked himself, in 20 years time, who do I want to be remembered as? Pink Guy? Or "myself"? And realised that he'd rather not have everyone remember him as a living meme. He probably feels that his life is worth something more meaningful than that.

Obviously there's no way for me to know what has been going on inside his head but I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he won't even talk about Frank anymore.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Lampe said:

Here's a reupload of a video Joji put up about half way through his FilthyFrank career.

I think this video really encapsulates why he had to stop doing it. On one hand, he had devoted his life and time to being a meme. He made a lot of people happy, but it was all essentially a big satirical act which made fun of the serious pain and issues he dealt with. Everybody knew him as Frank, everybody knew him as Pink Guy, Salamander Man, Chinchin etc. but nobody seemed to know him as George.

Jim Carrey would talk about similar things - all these characters that he'd been playing over the years - and how it made him question how different "Jim" was from any of these acts. I assume that for George/Joji it has been something similar.

He probably reached a point where he asked himself, in 20 years time, who do I want to be remembered as? Pink Guy? Or "myself"? And realised that he'd rather not have everyone remember him as a living meme. He probably feels that his life is worth something more meaningful than that.

Obviously there's no way for me to know what has been going on inside his head but I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he won't even talk about Frank anymore.

Absolutely agree with you! ❤ such a great response, thank you so much! Definitely feel that we all should be remembered as ourselves. Being like..a "living meme", would really take it's toll on a person. I think its great to step away, and turn to a positive position in life. He did give some great memories, I'm not going to lie, but I'm happy for him now too. 

• Administrator
On 6/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, Lampe said:

Ugh. Why so serious? Why can’t people just have fun?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, paperandsky said:

Um, idk if I would consider him a famous YouTuber, but does anyone remember the guy that made this video?

Yeah, he recently made this...

He is still kinda a thing... kinda.

• Immortals
2 hours ago, paperandsky said:

Um, idk if I would consider him a famous YouTuber, but does anyone remember the guy that made this video?

I love that guy! I think his videos are hilarious. Well, most of them at least. 

• Immortals

Would you guys consider coppercab a famous youtuber? Lol 😆 he like went viral for being mad about ginger h**e. I'm not going to lie though I totally followed him for a while because he was actually hilarious in a dry humor kind of way. 

Maybe Fred? Is Fred still famous? I just don't think he's done anything recently but idk ? 

Lol tourettes guy???? 

Omg I feel like I'm referencing really old stuff but. 

Thought of stuff I used to watch like Dave days and the computer nerd lol xD 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Would you guys consider coppercab a famous youtuber? Lol 😆 he like went viral for being mad about ginger h**e. I'm not going to lie though I totally followed him for a while because he was actually hilarious in a dry humor kind of way. 

Maybe Fred? Is Fred still famous? I just don't think he's done anything recently but idk ? 

Lol tourettes guy???? 

Omg I feel like I'm referencing really old stuff but. 

Thought of stuff I used to watch like Dave days and the computer nerd lol xD 

Omg I forgot about Coppercab! I wonder what he's doing now lol. Also the guy who played Fred is still making videos from what I understand. 

• Immortals
Just now, k*itlind said:

Omg I forgot about Coppercab! I wonder what he's doing now 😅 Also the guy who played Fred is still making videos from what I understand. 

I bet no one is paying attention though. But idk maybe that's mean 🤔

• Moderators
1 minute ago, PoptartBarbie said:

I bet no one is paying attention though. But idk maybe that's mean 🤔

Well I don't think he's as famous as he used to be. I never hear about him anymore.

• Immortals
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, Onision said:

What is a good example of a YouTuber who used to be famous but isn't really well known anymore?

Do you remember Himiwako?

I think she quit because her audience was paying more attention to her rather large endowments than to her playing video games. 

Edited by Terminated

• Administrator
On 6/29/2021 at 6:16 PM, PoptartBarbie said:

Lol tourettes guy???? 

That guy passed away, no?

• Immortals
9 hours ago, Onision said:

That guy passed away, no?

Idk , I just looked it up and he's apparently making videos still lol,  last one 6 months ago . I guess just less views but to be expected I guess