YouTubers Who Used To Be Famous...?

Rate this topic

Onision

• Administrators

What is a good example of a YouTuber who used to be famous but isn't really well known anymore?

I got a couple... Jessie Paege and CrankThatFrank... used to get 50 - 500k views a video...

Crank hasn't uploaded in 6 months: https://www.youtube.com/c/CrankThatFrank/videos

Jessie is... kinda still doin it: https://www.youtube.com/c/jessiepaege/videos

Also, honorable mention, used to be one of the top YouTubers, now is like... wuuuutt?

CTFXC: https://www.youtube.com/ctfxc

Oh yeah, and me... hahahahahahaha.

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

Oh I had no idea lol

A lot of people switch platforms or just cease to exist... social media is funny... fame in general... people get their taste of fame and decide it's just not for them anymore... that or their fans just get over it.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Onision said:

A lot of people switch platforms or just cease to exist... social media is funny... fame in general... people get their taste of fame and decide it's just not for them anymore... that or their fans just get over it.

Yeah true, or they try something new with their channel and it doesn't work out causing them to lose views and subscribers. I'm glad there are some YouTubers from back then still making videos to this day, you included 😃

54 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Animated GIFey boss. 

I miss him. But I believe he really knew he reached the peak, youtube would down him if he continued to this day. Evolved to musician status. 🌟

Here's a reupload of a video Joji put up about half way through his FilthyFrank career.

I think this video really encapsulates why he had to stop doing it. On one hand, he had devoted his life and time to being a meme. He made a lot of people happy, but it was all essentially a big satirical act which made fun of the serious pain and issues he dealt with. Everybody knew him as Frank, everybody knew him as Pink Guy, Salamander Man, Chinchin etc. but nobody seemed to know him as George.

Jim Carrey would talk about similar things - all these characters that he'd been playing over the years - and how it made him question how different "Jim" was from any of these acts. I assume that for George/Joji it has been something similar.

He probably reached a point where he asked himself, in 20 years time, who do I want to be remembered as? Pink Guy? Or "myself"? And realised that he'd rather not have everyone remember him as a living meme. He probably feels that his life is worth something more meaningful than that.

Obviously there's no way for me to know what has been going on inside his head but I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he won't even talk about Frank anymore.

• Immortals
8 minutes ago, Lampe said:

Here's a reupload of a video Joji put up about half way through his FilthyFrank career.

I think this video really encapsulates why he had to stop doing it. On one hand, he had devoted his life and time to being a meme. He made a lot of people happy, but it was all essentially a big satirical act which made fun of the serious pain and issues he dealt with. Everybody knew him as Frank, everybody knew him as Pink Guy, Salamander Man, Chinchin etc. but nobody seemed to know him as George.

Jim Carrey would talk about similar things - all these characters that he'd been playing over the years - and how it made him question how different "Jim" was from any of these acts. I assume that for George/Joji it has been something similar.

He probably reached a point where he asked himself, in 20 years time, who do I want to be remembered as? Pink Guy? Or "myself"? And realised that he'd rather not have everyone remember him as a living meme. He probably feels that his life is worth something more meaningful than that.

Obviously there's no way for me to know what has been going on inside his head but I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he won't even talk about Frank anymore.

Absolutely agree with you! ❤ such a great response, thank you so much! Definitely feel that we all should be remembered as ourselves. Being like..a "living meme", would really take it's toll on a person. I think its great to step away, and turn to a positive position in life. He did give some great memories, I'm not going to lie, but I'm happy for him now too. 

• Administrators
On 6/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, Lampe said:

Ugh. Why so serious? Why can’t people just have fun?