What Happens When We Pass Away?

Lexxi

What do you think happens to us when we d*e?  I'm not sure why, but I've been thinking about this question for a while now. 

My theory is that when we depart our bodies, our souls are reincarnated to like a tree.. or something like that. 
What are your thoughts?

CE6E1943-6F3D-4BA2-9EAB-F14FF556B1B6.gif.10872a08a0e25307e7cf0f5430c19cf6.gif

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I like the idea of It's peace. Nothing but peace. A black out sleep.  Reincarnation is interesting, the stories of little ones accurately describing events, their family, the land, and life they once lived. I'm a believer that some of us move on, some do not. We're all made up of energy... 

Id like to think if I were a spirit trapped, id want to be that "invisible" friend, and scare the bullies away. I wouldn't like much to be apart of that residual appearance type though. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I believe in reincarnation just because there are so many scientific studies, carried out by academics, on c******n knowing details of past lives that actually back it up (that for some reason we as a society for some reason just ignore??? Hello????) However, I've also had experiences that would suggest that a "spirit" exists and continues to exist after d**th. Which doesn't negate reincarnation, but it does suggest that we don't always d*e and then immediately get transferred to another living vessel. So what happens after we d*e? Like every other human, I can't answer that question. But i can feel pretty confident in saying that you don't just stop existing altogether (which, really, I would prefer).

• Heart 1
  • Blank 1

I don't believe there is an after life. I believe that Paradise, Heaven, and h**l are unproven theological claims dreamt up by Theists groups such as Christians, Catholics, Hindus, and Islamist. Claims and assertions without evidence are commonly made by Theists.  No one and I mean no one on Earth can prove there is an afterlife. If someone is making a claim. Then they need to present EVIDENCE to back up their claims. They will need Real evidence, Demonstrative evidence, Doc*mentary evidence, and Testimonial evidence before I'll believe you. I can't go off of claims based on BELIEF and Fairy tales. 

• Heart 1

I believe in reincarnation as well, and I think our general karma determines what our next life is. I think we continue living lives and learning lessons until we reach a level of enlightenment. After that, who knows? 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, PoptartBarbie said:

but most likely , terrifyingly, probably nothing happens .

One major reason why I really couldn't end myself. I knew that if I pulled the trigger or jumped off of a tall building. I knew I wasn't waking up after that. I knew there was no paradise waiting for me of any kind.

You get scared and emotional because you know when you do it. You're not waking up. You begin to even doubt if there really is an afterlife or a god waiting for you, because your body and your mind is telling you otherwise. This attributed to my awakening as an Atheist. It had actually been the imaginary high standards of Christianity that had made me become suicidal. I was very relieved when I was convinced that the whole thing is a work of fiction. 

I don't believe Christians FULLY believe in their religion because all of them treat d eath like it's a horrible and t errible thing. Even though the Bible preaches otherwise. Christians are supposed to be happy because their relative or friend is in the imaginary Heaven with their imaginary Jesus singing songs, kneeling, bowing, scraping, and praying for eternity. *Which I think would be complete H ELL because I would enjoy doing none of those things* 

The fact that the Bible, the Quran, the Pros Edda etc were written by MEN speaks volumes that religion itself was made up. Even Jesus's story is a retelling of the Egyptian Pagan God Horus which proves in one way that he indeed was a work of fiction in the BIBLE. There is no strong historical evidence supporting that he ever existed. And if a deity or a prophet existed. They'd definitely leave some strong evidence telling us they're real. 

alleged-pagan-plagiarism1.jpg

Why treat d eath like it's t errible if we're going to Heaven?

Because to me, it's truly THE END for everything. People mourn the d eaths of their family because they know they'll never see them again. I don't believe in a world with a sugar coated topping is waiting for us after this one. I believe this world is ALL we get. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

51 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

ya... I grew up a ministers daughter,,,, hence, t*****e t*****e person now. ha-ha. I believed the bible was fact. he was a creationist and i read alllllll the creationist propaganda books, went to the museum, ect. was most angry/ suicidal when I was Christian Ironically. Then I was like pagan/wiccan for a while..... and like I guess that was okay. it was better. but like ... now I guess like I think som*things out there.... Im just not sure. 

to be honest thinking about time and how it passes really freaks me out. like sometimes I like "check in" and im like wtf how am I existing how is time moving this is impossible. but at the end of the day. we just don't know. I cant tell you nothing exist , because im almost positive we aren't the greatest things in the universe. There is literally evidence that we cant see like most of the light spectrum. theres probably soo so so much in the universe we cant perceive. 

I think it would be nice if there was an afterlife. I'd love to take up a religion or pray to a deity. But I can't. I can't worship som*thing that is non existent. Just no amount of belief makes som*thing a fact. If there was strong and undeniable evidence of an all powerful deity. Then sure. I'd probably be very devout. 

Edited by Terminated

4 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

I guess I’m pretty neutral, but I’m sorry if I offended you for having such a wishy washy opinion . My opinions are in general pretty bad. 

You didn't offend me at all. This has been a fun conversation. I like that you're honest about what you're thinking about and how you see it. I like reading your posts. You're straight to the point and you're never vague. You have a reasonable opinion. 

• Heart 1