What Is Your Scariest Nightmare?

I had scary nightmares as a kid, but at some point they didn't come as much... mostly because I learned to face what was bothering me...

My worst nightmare as a kid involved a witch in a rainbow room... yikes.
Wizard Of Oz Comedy GIF

What about you? What is your scariest nightmare?

Here's a bit about nightmares:

Even the most mundane of people will typically have had a nightmare at least once in their lifetime. Nightmares are often the most frightening of dreams. It is these nightmares that are the hardest to forget. Nightmares usually happen due to stress, emotions, or during the period of time where a person is transitioning from being awake to sleeping. Some medications will cause a person to have nightmares as well. Nightmares are a result of the mind trying to process the stressful or emotional things that is going on in a person's life. The brain is essentially trying to process a way to make something that happen not happen. This can be scary for the person who is having the nightmare because the person doesn't know or understand what is happening to them.

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

I seem to have reoccurring nightmares where people are trying to break into my house and get me. I also had a nightmare where a clown was chasing me and trying to electrocute me.

Have you ever fought them away? I have... dreams... you can control them.

• Heart 1

I think i'v had a dream i was being shot at a long time ago i think they got me and i woke up . Also had a dream i was at this house with all these people and i had an iv and they would threaten to drug me and i was being held captive . 

I’ve had.. so so many. The absolute worst nightmares I’ve had is where you can’t run, if you do it’s super slo-mo, and if you scream? It’s just like a squeaker toy. My most vivid one was me crawling extremely slow, on a property full of cars trying to hide from someone? I really want to know if anyone’s ever experienced these in nightmares, it’s always so weird. 

Um. 🙃

I guess I had this scary reoccurring dream I could share?

I always walked through this neighborhood where all the houses were cookie cutter same and they had these um...trash cans in the same spot in each yard. I would frantically be running down the street trying to find the right one to jump into and once I did the world would like...flip upside down? Some As Above so Below **** really. But I would also be aware kinda that I was dreaming.

I ended up running into a house that had these two parallel doors(So you could stand at the back door and see straight through the front)

I would then get caught up looking for my sister and she would just like ignore me when I tried to warn her about this monster outside and she would walk outside the front and I would just hear this...static?

but then everything would revert back in time to me climbing out of the trash can and I would I have to redo trying to help my sister but each time I would be more aware that I was dreaming and it didn’t feel right. By the end of the dream my other sister would show up and I would be like.

woah you’re not supposed to be here

and then I would be like **** I’m not supposed to be here and they aren’t actually “them”.They’re just what my dream brain thought of them.

and they would both stop being..themselves and just stare at me and everything would just jump time and I would keep trying to figure out where I actually was. Like if I was before I jumped or not and at the end.

After It would speed up so fast as in like time my body would just freeze and I would fall into the floor and close my eyes and be resurfacing into a shallow puddle like thing and just wait to like...***.

Like my arms could get out of the water but the head and rest of my body couldn’t and I would just...give up and sink deeper.

It was super cold and I could feel like the actual burning in my lungs. 

but yeah dreams are weird right?😅

Posted (edited)

I had a dream about running in a park at night but I was running towards the deep dark part, something was chasing me but in the dream I couldn't look back because if I did then I would diè😭 it was scary and creepy but it felt so real.

When I was younger I had the same dream repeating over and over, it was about this big chubby man chasing me and I always ran into my room that i never liked and hid under the bed but he always found me and when he did I always woked up .

Edited by Minty

I have 2 dreams that really stick out , 1 is , I'm travelling on a bus and there are giant and I mean car sized goldfish swimming everywhere but there wasn't water they were kinda air swimming . 

2, I kept thinking there was someone watching my house and all of a sudden a masked man broke in and was hacking at me I hid and as he walked past he lifted his mask and it was my ex husband , I woke up thinking it was real very weird

• Elites

I watched three or four episodes of the walking **** thinking I could get into the series since I use to play COD Black Ops with no issues. Afterwards, going to bed unbothered, I had the nightmare of a zombie apocalypse. Gathered a team, looted and got chased up on the roof a big brand store surrounded by hundreds of them. Bullets ran out and they started to climb up. I woke up. Now I avoid all things zombie bc irl it is a pretty scary thought to happen even tho I think zombies are kind of comical! Apparently it’s a subconscious fear I have. I will also buy a sword juuust in case ASAP 

I haven't had an actual nightmare since I was pregnant, and those always involved something horrible happening to my daughter. I've since learned to control my dreams in my subconscious. When things start to darken I can usually uplift the situation. Its pretty cool the powers of the mind.

You don't have to be asleep for it to be a nightmare. I met this girl on Plenty of Fish. She turned out to be a complete sociopath later on in the relationship. She then had a manic episode when I left  her and attempted to ruin my life in any way that she could. I had heard of people like her from what I'd read on the Internet and heard from people on forums. I never thought it would happen to me. There aren't enough words in my lexicon to express the contempt that I think why any person can justify doing that to another. 

When I was little I used to have a recurring nightmare about being in some sort of rubbish tip, and there was these three talking Rottweilers that would chase me. I'm not scared of dogs but it was really awful. 😅

As an adult I have a recurring one where I've k illed someone and hidden the body in my house. I don't know who it is or why/how I did it, but I know I'm going to get caught and I have this horrible feeling of anxiety and dread. I'm not planning on k illing anyone though so I should be fine. 🤷‍♀️😅