What Are Your Medical Conditions?

What physical or mental issues do you have? What is your medical diagnosis?

I have Major Depressive d*****r. Originally I was told it was an episode, then chronic depression, then an adjustment d*****r, but the final diagnosis was MDD... so that's fun.

Also have a limp if I walk too far... which is unfortunate.

Limping Walking Stick GIF by Ros na Rún

• Heart 2

I've always hated the loops of "you could be diagnosed with this and this or maybe even this, we'll test you on these meds, but here's more meds for that too oh and you'll have to stay in the hospital so we can rob you of a few more months of your life". Diagnosis and m******n scare me. But I'll budge...I have ptsd, panic disorder ( my severe ******s that happen out of the blue are extremely hard to cope with), and depression. At one time they thought I had something called conversion disorder because my legs went paralyzed for a day, and with conversion disorder people can go blind or paralyzed for awhile, but it was just how bad my ******s are.. I thought I couldn't be diagnosed with what I am at the same time. According to a professional in my family I couldn't. They were always telling me something was wrong with me. And so i snuck through their books to figure it out when I was younger. So I told my doctor, and she says i can be and am, everything goes hand in hand with me, and there's newness in mental health. 

I don't have anything physically wrong with me except a spine/nerve injury that acts up sometimes, but my stretching, physical therapy, shots, and yoga have helped. I also get painful kidney stones that are just genetic. 😓

Keep strong ❤❤

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I was born without fully formed hip joints. Supposedly I was not going to walk. But I defy doctors logic and I walk and run. 

Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed.

It means the damage no longer controls our lives.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Borderline personality disorder. I'm happy to say I somewhat have it under control. Like I used to be a hyper***ual maniac chasing for anyone to love me,  I knew there was something wrong with me after my breakup with my first boyfriend, I'm glad I got the opportunity to apologise for all the **** I put him through. I really did go off the rails.

I really had to work on impulse issues, I never feel anger anymore. But now in the sense of keeping it together I'm about as emotionally strong as wet paper, shout at me and I'm going to start crying. 

• Heart 1

Ugh, I h**e trying to pinpoint what's wrong with me. Every doctor I go to calls me som*thing different. I was diagnosed with ADD as a teenager, so no hyperactivity except maybe in my mind. I don't know how I feel about that diagnosis though, because I was originally diagnosed with it when it seems everyone else was too. While I think it's a true d*****r, I think it's a label doctors like to slap on c******n with problems. I have also been told I have PTSD, not sure how I feel feel about that one either. I don't think I exhibit the symptoms, but I guess my anxiety is part of it. I most definitely suffer from anxiety and depression. I have most of my life and so it's my normal. I'm in and out of therapy when it's bad, but most of the time I just try to deal with it myself. I don't need a new label / title every time I go for treatment, or a new type of medicine. I just like to say I have "issues" that most of the time, I'm able to keep under control. 

I have an anxiety d*****r, depression, the left side of my body has permanent tension in my tendons and muscles. I had surgery on my left arm for a bone deformity (Madelung's Deformity) when I was fifteen and my gallbladder was removed when I was eighteen because it started making stones and one got stuck.  200.gif

1 minute ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Depression , hypothyroidism( not a big deal very common) ,  insomnia ( literally will sleep an hour maybe with out my prescription) I am also bad at walking now because a big *** f150 ran over my leg in a parking lot last year.didnt heal right.  🙃  that s*cked because I was at work and workers comp barely covered my expenses.  I feel like I should've gotten money.

I forgot insomnia. I have that too. I have medicine I'm supposed to take, but again, I just try to deal with it without medicine. I only take it when I'm making myself feel sick from not getting any sleep. First it will start with a small headache and then into a huge one that doesn't go away for a few days. That's when I have to take my medicine. It's like my brain starts hurting from not shutting off.

• Heart 1

• Elites
Posted (edited)

I have Post-traumatic stress d*****r, major depression, severe anxiety, and bipolar d*****r type 2 

Edit: forgot to add that I have severe asthma as well. 

Edited by Lilliako

I have a fair few, so I hope you're seated 😆

Arnold Chiari Malformation (base of brain herniates out of skull into spine), Syringomyelia (cysts in the centre of the spinal cord), Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain), Intracranial Hypertension (pressure spikes in the skull), Pseudomeningocele (spinal fluid leak), Depression, anxiety, asthma, acid reflux, IBS, and probably a bit of PTSD in there after some traumatic brain surgery (but never officially diagnosed by a doc). Every single one of those things are invisible and I struggle to deal with that, as no one else can physically see any of the pain. 

... Basically I'm broken. 😆♥️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Elites

OCD,  ADHD combined type,  C-PTSD,  Generalized Anxiety d*****r,  Major Depressive d*****r, Fibromyalgia,  insomnia, migraines,  PCOS and endometriosis.

I have been hospitalized for Serotonin Syndrome when the ER overdosed me on my med*cations because they didn’t cross check my psych meds and gave me a bunch of anti nausea and migraine meds. 10/1000 would not recommend.  Doors are expensive when the police kick them in and hospital beds are gr*ss. (I would know,  I worked ICU for 4 years)

c***dhood dx of dyslexia,  dysgraphia and dyscalculia and asthma that I am not in treatment for anymore

• Elites

Treatment-Resistent Depression(TRD), C-PTSD , Tourettic OCD, ADHD, Severe Anxiety, Agoraphobia, Idiopathic hypersomnia, Chronic Migraines(Chronic pain), Essential Tremor(neurological d*****r), all diagnosed via psychiatrists & my neurologist.

I truly hope any and all of you find the help you need if you are struggling. 🖤

I used to have a walking d*****r,my right foot had an extra bone and it made me limp. I got it fixed when I was able to though. I have 5 mental d*****s that I count,all diagnosed. Bipolar d*****r,BPD, PTSD,General Anxiety, and OCD. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anxiety d*****r, depression, and a few years back I was diagnosed with OCD. Anxiety has been a huge part of my life. I h**e it a lot of the time but, it’s honestly shaped me into the person I am today. It’s made me overcome a lot and learn things down the line. 

❤️🩹

• Elites

I have acute depression, acute PTSD and anxiety. I’ve had depression for many years and the anxiety and ptsd came on after having my son. He was born when I was 27 weeks pregnant. I had no idea if he was alive when I woke up after the emergency c-section. We spent 91 days in the NICU. It didn’t help that I had literally no one to talk to or even ask how he was doing. Seeing your tiny 2lb 10oz baby in a incubator and not being able to hold or touch them for the first 8 days or not knowing if they are even going to survive really messed me up. He is now 2 and I live in constant fear that som*thing will happen to him. He also had chronic lung disease and a heart valve that wasn’t shut when he was born.  He is being tested next month for autism. He is the true light of my life but also my biggest fear. 

It just really is crappy that I had to find out that I really had no friends when I had him. Life has a funny way of showing you the truth. 

• Heart 1

• Elites

I was diagnosed with major depression and anxiety in my early twenties.  Later I was also diagnosed with PTSD.  The PTSD started after an ab**ive relationship, but with some therapy I started coping better with it.  It came back in 2019 when my six month old daughter passed away from septic shock. The doctor misdiagnosed her illness as a virus and sent us home without running a single test.  Less than 24 hours later we were being air lifted to a ch*ldren's hospital.  From the initial doctor visit to the day they took her off life support was only 5 days.  It really changed me in a lot of ways. The bacteria she had could have been wiped out easily with pretty much any antibiotic. 

I also have sclerosis and arthritis in my hips/pelvis that went undiagnosed for years (11-26) because the doctor I had thought I was making the pain up for attention.

• Heart 2

MDD was my first diagnosis. The turned onto treatment resistant MDD. 

Now that I’m studying medical code I know that’s kind of a blanket diagnosis to get the insurance off your doctor’s back while they take the actual time needed to figure out what’s really going on. Mental health care right now is very much “let’s take percentages of people and throw darts until one sticks and we see improvement.” It’s still a Wild West field. 

I’ve had to really search around for doctors who specialize or have supplementals in bio chemistry or endocrine to make sure I get the best treatment. The more a doctor knows about the actual molecules the more likely you are to get very educated guesses rather than dart throwing. 

now my diagnosis is bipolar depression ,cptsd, and complete thyroid disruption/ acute hypothyroidism. This is why I’m so thankful about endocrine doctors. Yeah I have bipolar but since my thyroid doesn’t make anything at all, it really threw the bipolar into another level of insane. And much of the depression was just actually being very ill physically and not knowing it. It covered up the bipolar so much that we didn’t figure out that what I had until we finally started treating the hormone issue. 

I highly recommend anyone who has treatment resistant mental illnesses to get their thyroid checked out. Without it working you won’t even metabolize med*cation ment for mental health. Your body just doesn’t have what it needs to do it. Now I take a hormone regimen to replace what I don’t make naturally and my meds work great! 

other than that the only thing I have is “long COVID” which is just lung and kidney damage from having had COVID.

Edited by Anna Chandler