Jump to content

What Is THE BEST and WORST College?


Recommended Posts

lot of people have either gotten a letter of acceptance or rejection.
So let's talk about university/college. 

Do you want to go to uni or college ?

What would you like to major in?

Did you get in?

or did you already study?

Share your experience

Link to comment
Share on other sites


So I worry about the college called "Phoenix Online" because they made themselves so... tacky like an informercial you know? Like it might be a good college, but just from the ads it's like... blegh.

Reviews of the college seem mediocre to decent though:
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 9.06.40 AM.jpg

ANYWAY, I don't really care about the college so much, like if I'm hiring someone, I just want to be confident they know what they're doing.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently in college, and I'd say between college and university a trade school is most ideal, it's a streamlined course towards your desired degree which costs a fraction of a traditional university, the only down side I there aren't as many degree options as you'd have with a traditional uni

29 minutes ago, Onision said:

So I worry about the college called "Phoenix Online" because they made themselves so... tacky like an informercial you know? Like it might be a good college, but just from the ads it's like... blegh.

Reviews of the college seem mediocre to decent though:
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 9.06.40 AM.jpg

ANYWAY, I don't really care about the college so much, like if I'm hiring someone, I just want to be confident they know what they're doing.

Yeah I don't trust that place either, and I heard most employers completely disregard anyone with a degree from there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm currently in college, and I'd say between college and university a trade school is most ideal, it's a streamlined course towards your desired degree which costs a fraction of a traditional university, the only down side I there aren't as many degree options as you'd have with a traditional uni

Yeah I don't trust that place either, and I heard most employers completely disregard anyone with a degree from there 

But if you do that you can't brag to everyone about how you have a PhD in braggery.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In America, you have to look at whether the college or program is an "accredited" school or not. They are more highly recognized by companies than if you go to somewhere that isn't. 

I agree that trade programs are ideal, but you also have to be careful with those schools. A nightmare story from an acquaintance of mine went through is that she was at a 2 year school for some type of nursing. She had one more semester to go (and for them that was a much shorter amount of time than a regular college) and the school filed for bankruptcy and shut its doors. No prior notice to the students or anything, just out of the blue. She was given only one option and I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but basically she had to agree to not sue or som*thing and all her student loans from them would be forgiven. None of her college work thus far could transfer to another school since it was a trade school with its own specialized program. So almost two years of work down the drain, and she had to start over somewhere else.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OldGreqq said:

In America, you have to look at whether the college or program is an "accredited" school or not. They are more highly recognized by companies than if you go to somewhere that isn't. 

I agree that trade programs are ideal, but you also have to be careful with those schools. A nightmare story from an acquaintance of mine went through is that she was at a 2 year school for some type of nursing. She had one more semester to go (and for them that was a much shorter amount of time than a regular college) and the school filed for bankruptcy and shut its doors. No prior notice to the students or anything, just out of the blue. She was given only one option and I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but basically she had to agree to not sue or som*thing and all her student loans from them would be forgiven. None of her college work thus far could transfer to another school since it was a trade school with its own specialized program. So almost two years of work down the drain, and she had to start over somewhere else.

Yeah with any school, or major financial burden youre planning to take on really, it's important to do your research on it. It'd really like to see more streamlined course options in major colleges as well, but I'm doubtful we will ever see it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...