What Is The Best College Class To Take?

My minor was Gender Studies so I got to take a class on gay history in LA with an awesome professor and read and write an essay on 50s LGBT pulp fiction novels, it was really fun and I learned a lot. That's what sticks out to me the most

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Sierra said:

My minor was Gender Studies so I got to take a class on gay history in LA with an awesome professor and read and write an essay on 50s LGBT pulp fiction novels, it was really fun and I learned a lot. That's what sticks out to me the most

What do you feel you learned that you can apply to your own life?

45 minutes ago, Onision said:

What do you feel you learned that you can apply to your own life?

It's like Maya Angelou once said, "if you don't know where you came from, you don't know where you're going." I learned about  LGBT culture from old hollywood times to WW2 to the aids epidemic, and seeing how a culture was formed and sustained in the face of oppression and violence made me appreciative of the freedoms I have now. We have come a LONG way and it's important to know what other people like me had to go through in order for me to be where I am today.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm p excited, it's not actually needed for my degree but I want to branch out into other computer science areas as well 

Based on what I learned from that class, you'll need to remember company names, origins etc... I got like a D in the class so I flopped... I only cared about learning how to build a computer, and I did so that was all I paid attention to.

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

Based on what I learned from that class, you'll need to remember company names, origins etc... I got like a D in the class so I flopped... I only cared about learning how to build a computer, and I did so that was all I paid attention to.

I thought that this class was about learning to build computers bummer 

Fluiiiiids engeeniering, fluids mechanic.

(Well for having good luck in my future examns I should say ¨"heat transfer" , but being an ikea catalog with a bunch of different heat exchangers is just not at the same level of beauty as fluids)

It is basically the most interesting, important basics for having an understanding of nature. :))

We study  Navier-Stockes equations a bunch of three differential equations (1mass, 2movement quantity and3 energy conservation) for being able to solve almost any problem fluid related.

There is not a solution yet for the differential problem , we only learn simplifications applied to what we are learning about.

For example, depending on what tipe of fluid is involved in the movement you are going to study, if it is comprensible or not.

(water vs air)(air changes its density, while water, if we are not working with a state change like boiling water or not, does not)

If the situation changes with time or not. STATIONARY, NON-STATIONARY

If the mechanical problem is "coupled" with the THERMICAL PROBLEM.(Then it is more difficult to solve, for example, if we are designing a combat airplane, for sure we are going to have to deal with this situation)

You have different points of view for solving problems, well, I have only had two subjects related, but  I´ve talked with a few teachers about it, and , when you are studying how a black hole works, you have to know the two perspective, outside, looking what happens when something gets swallowed by the black hole, and inside it,)

Imagine you are the water, the air and you are working from that  point of view.

Lagrange point of view. 

I can show you, interesting problems about that if you want, a small amount of my fav ones. We have advance fligths elicopteres, misils, submarines, cars , water hidraulic circuits, etc etc  etcc.

Euler point of view.

We desing exactly how the fluid is moving.

For example, when we started fluids 1.

Imagine we are swimming in a "dam" and there is known you can get d*****d by  a whirlwind, so we want to know how dangerous are the whirlwinds located in that dam. We want to create a safe space for our tourists, so we want to piecemeal it.

We know how to express mathematically a whirlwide (it´s reference system,  it´s equation) but OMG IT IS REALLITY , I have a bunch of whirlwinds with different "killing power" out there.

So you use instead, the Euler point of view, you addapt the reference system, it´s like you take each wirldwide to the 0 of your reference system by an easy peasy variable change, and you move on and solve it.

This is for starting monger level but with a math and science interest.

This knoledge is pointless without a proper programation level( I am not up to program that much yet, so I am , being honest, still lameee)

I am your grandmother Josephine level, I touch things hopping they work, but they just don´t.

I like working with people that are not that lame on that aspect, and telling them first  how it is solved in reality, and then what I want them to do with the computer. Sheldon Cooper would look at me like I am not eeveen a proper engeenier xDD

Sometimes I wonder, why why do we have to be forced to learn things that we just don´t like, I am horrible memorizing, I just can´t I need to create the deduction . I have been forced a lot of years to get knoledge learned and puked . I was horrible at literature and history, I could not get that much info without letting my self go and forcing me expending hours and hours while eating junk.

Now that I am able to study what a like and being a "power flower" dancing, running and chatting while learning things I like I am waaay happier.

WELL BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING THAT **** YOU OFFF

Ladadada Life, is LIIIIFEEE

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 2:32 AM, SummertimmeSahneh said:

Fluiiiiids engeeniering, fluids mechanic.

Yeah that's definitely som*thing most people are not interested in - quite the niche.

d&d lol GIF by Hyper RPG

On 6/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Onision said:

Out of all the college classes... I think... computer hardware was one of the most fun thus far. 

I learned how to build computers and that was cool.

That is really cool, I know that I have learned how to do JavaScript, Web Design1 and 2, User Interface Design, and I am currently learning how AI coding works. I also really like CrashCourse, really good channel to watch for all sorts of good advice on things.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, Onision said:

I can relate, I know I took a C++ class and was really impatient in learning the different structures of the code at the time and I needed a tutor to help me. I just absolutely love learning so much stuff.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Iampinecone said:

That is really cool, I know that I have learned how to do JavaScript, Web Design1 and 2, User Interface Design, and I am currently learning how AI coding works. I also really like CrashCourse, really good channel to watch for all sorts of good advice on things.

I can relate, I know I took a C++ class and was really impatient in learning the different structures of the code at the time and I needed a tutor to help me. I just absolutely love learning so much stuff.

I am getting a tutor for next semester. Thank you for the channel recommendation , it's really helpful!!! I still got a long way to go, because nowadays without a good programming understanding you go literally nowhere !!

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Yeah that's definitely som*thing most people are not interested in - quite the niche.

d&d lol GIF by Hyper RPG

Hehe it's not easy going at first sight, but I think I can explain it to everyone else and make it fun and entertaining !!

4 hours ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

I am getting a tutor for next semester. Thank you for the channel recommendation , it's really helpful!!! I still got a long way to go, because nowadays without a good programming understanding you go literally nowhere !!

Hehe it's not easy going at first sight, but I think I can explain it to everyone else and make it fun and entertaining !!

Plus it actually is quite fun to see what stuff you end up noticing on websites and on everything right in front of you. Learning how to inspect and program a website is an acquired skill, learning a new language is such an acquired skill to have. I can’t unsee online code. 😛 It’s really fun to play with that part of my mind as well.

• Heart 1

There are two ways to interpret the question, so I have two answers. I went to college for a business degree, so the majority of my classes (besides electives) were accounting and finance courses. 

The best class I took because it was the most enjoyable is a creative writing class I took. My teacher would pick a topic that we would have to write on. She would take it a step further and incorporate some type of media and make us explain what it meant to us and how it related to the topic assigned. For instance, one time she played the Lupe Fiasco song "B*tch Bad" and we had to write our interpretation of what the message of the song was. The topic we had to write about was how things we say can mean different things to people. She just made the class fun and interesting.

The other best class I took because it was the most useful is the one in personal taxes. It was super hard and no fun, but I learned A LOT on doing taxes for individuals and what you can and can't do, ways to save money by deducting some things,  etc, etc. Super useful, but boring nonetheless. 

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda thinking regardless of your salary, you really should just focus on whatever you do naturally/whatever makes you the most happy.

That way when you do your job, there will be passion in it/it will have more meaning.

• Heart 1

My freshmen year of college I was put into a basic cooking + home ed type class by mistake but needed the credit anyways so stayed and it was one of the most fulfilling classes I've ever taken. By the end of the semester I was able to patch up most clothing and began grocery shopping like a healthy young adult.