Are You A Heavy Sleeper? Or... How Do You Sleep?

Do you sleep ok? Are you a heavy or light sleeper? I'm a pretty heavy sleeper in the sense that I can go to sleep easy, but I don't sleep that deeply, so I can wake up if noise is made...

I kinda wonder about people who struggle to sleep... I wonder what causes it...

Here is what a robot says:

For some reason people can't seem to settle their minds and their bodies down which is why they struggle with going to sleep. According to a recent study, the average person is able to fall asleep in under 15 minutes. This is a much shorter time than in the past. There are a couple of reasons why people aren't able to go to sleep as easily as in the past. One possible reason is people constantly being on their phones and screens which keeps the brain stimulated. Others believe it is because people aren't active before bed which makes them restless. The other possible reason is people have less time to unwind before they sleep.

So... the robot actually makes sense... can you relate?

• Heart 4

I have a really hard time falling asleep, and I have a really hard time staying asleep as well. But I haven't been sleeping well lately because of the stress of that situation I told you about not long ago 😐

• Heart 1

I sleep almost too soundly. I've slept through hurricanes, fire alarms, people shaking me awake, etc. Once I get into that REM sleep I'm done for. I do have some problems falling asleep if I'm not tired though. I'll sit there forever 

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, Danny said:

I have a really hard time falling asleep, and I have a really hard time staying asleep as well. But I haven't been sleeping well lately because of the stress of that situation I told you about not long ago 😐

It's funny how many people I know who don't sleep well... they're all women... any guys who don't sleep well? We seem to be famously giant potatoes.

• Funny 1

• Mod

I sleep pretty well but it takes me a while to fall asleep depending on how tired I am. Sometimes I have to take Melatonin but there have been times where that didn't even help. Like I laid in bed all night one time and could not fall asleep but it's rare for that to happen. My mind just won't shut up.

• Elites

Sleep is my love so no issues there, once I’m out I’m out unless my danger radar goes off. Could sleep forever if I could lul Only thing is once 5am hits if I wake up I’m usually up. Love naps as long as I know there absolutely nothing needed to be done then i won’t wake up groggy.

Honestly, I wish I were a heavy sleeper. With any slight sound from outside my bedroom, I wake up almost instantly. I usually have no problem falling back asleep, but staying asleep is my biggest issue. 😐
Another thing - I can never sleep in. My circadian rhythm is adjusted to between only five and six hours of sleep per night, even if I have awoken through the night multiple times or have stayed up really late. What's worse is sometimes when I do wake up, I take forever to fall back asleep, even if I am exhausted. 
Surprisingly enough, I'm able to function fine most days. As someone who could have up to six or seven hours straight of just working and constantly focusing on multiple tasks a time as a college student and then even more later in the day, I do struggle a little, but an occasional snack or walking outside is pretty rejuvenating.  
Martin Landau Thumbs Up GIF by filmeditor

Takes me ages to fall asleep but once I'm gone I am GONE... however according to my boyfriend I sleep with my mouth open, talk in my sleep (apparently I've moaned before) and stick my butt out? Lmao wonder what I'm dreaming of for that to happen.

But yeah I'm definitely not the best to sleep next to, I sprawl myself out and take up almost the whole bed 🤣

• Heart 1

On 6/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, Onision said:

Do you sleep ok? Are you a heavy or light sleeper? I'm a pretty heavy sleeper in the sense that I can go to sleep easy, but I don't sleep that deeply, so I can wake up if noise is made...

I kinda wonder about people who struggle to sleep... I wonder what causes it...

Here is what a robot says:

So... the robot actually makes sense... can you relate?

Umm I need to get  extremely tired for sleeping properly,  I don´t sleep too much, I just from time to time take a good nap . At night with 5 hours of sleep currently. When I was hardcore trainnig and doing more things I used to sleep a minimum of 8 hours in a row.

Here it is melting, and at 8:30am, It´s so hot outside it feels like is 1 pm instead.

Hahaha when I am motivated I can push myself off to the limits, but I end up falling sleep when I am tired enough.

Naps are undeeerraaaaateeed

If I am completely alone , and I wake up in the middle of the night, I will not go back to sleep easily.

In my case I know my cause is fear. I don´t handle well completely lonliness at night so I try to tire myself for sleeping.

The house I live in while the semester is going has cool scary things. When I first moved on, I realized that at 2am-4am the door of my bed opened itself because of the wind, (combined the fact that it is an old door). It´s funny when I have friends or someone living with me, because the first time something like this happens they come to me crying . Am I the only one that is not scared at all when there is at least one human  by my side? 

• Heart 1

I’m a light sleeper. Most of the time I need silence to be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. If I hear noise, I’ll wake up. I sleep with ear plugs. The only sound I can sleep with is white noise, like the sound of a fan or the AC. 

Edited by summerlusk

2 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

I’m the opposite, I have a hard time falling asleep but once I’m asleep you have to yell or touch me, I will ignore you lol I don’t have trouble sleeping though if s e x y  time has occurred, or if I’ve gone swimming or exercised a lot 😂 

I have a hard time falling asleep too, unless I’m exhausted or fatigued. Even then there have been times when I’m tired, yet can’t sleep.

• Star 1