I read the headline: 

Nigeria bans Twitter after company deletes President Buhari's tweet

And was like... hahaha!

This is what CNN is saying:

The Nigerian government says it has "indefinitely suspended" Twitter's operations in the country, the Ministry of Information and Culture announced in a statement on Friday.

"The Federal Government has suspended, indefinitely, the operations of the microblogging and social networking service, Twitter, in Nigeria," it read.
The statement, which was posted on the ministry's official Twitter handle on Friday evening, accused the American social media company of allowing its platform to be used "for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria's corporate existence."

The suspension comes two days after Twitter deleted a tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari that was widely perceived as offensive.

Personally, I don't like the Twitter community in the sense that it's like every other person is like "Look at me! I'm mad! Aren't I cool for being mad!?" And I'm... not trying to live that life... it's a hard life, been there, don't wanna be there...

Do you think Nigeria is better off without Twitter? Would we be better off?

Nigeria GIF by GIPHY News

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

If Twitter goes down, wouldn't it make sense that all sm would follow? There's both good and bad on every single thing that would just drain you. It's productive for alot of people to just take a break, or avoid what they feel fit and be aware of those you communicate with, and what you view. I personally like connecting with others, but avoid whatever negativity I can. If people would be happier, sure. 

54 minutes ago, Sierra said:

A lot of underdeveloped countries use social media outlets like twitter to get information about their government that would otherwise be censored so this is very not cool for them

I kinda miss the world pre-internet... haha. Back when the bigger world had a smaller impact on our smaller personal world.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, Onision said:

I kinda miss the world pre-internet... haha. Back when the bigger world had a smaller impact on our smaller personal world.

Aside from religion. Social media is one of the worst things mankind has ever invented. People just use it to ag bad things on and spread rumors and misinformation. We'd be better off without it.