What is a selfie?

Posted (edited)

I had a discussion with a older women that my photo wasn't a selfie, but what is a selfie? 

I see a selfie as a photo that someone made by him/herself, even if it is made with a standard. You made is by your self so I see it as a selfie. 

I make my selfies with a stand. With the selfie cam from my phome. When I raiss my hand 🖐 up like that then a timer goes off for 3 seconds 

Let's discussed about this! 

I know we can google It but more about your opinion what you think. Not google. 

Edited by cool.dus.niet
  • Heart 1

I'm going to let a robot explain what a selfie is... hahaha. Here you go:

The word selfie is a combination of two words self and phone. Selfie's are pictures taken of ones self using a camera or webcam on a mobile phone. People often take selfies because it helps them build self-confidence, motivation, and it can make them feel better about themselves. Selfies are popular among teens and young adults. People often caption their selfies on social media sites. This is because social media posts and pictures help to promote themselves for all of their followers to see.

I mean... the robot did a good job.

Lord Of The Rings Smile GIF

• Heart 1

• Elites

I heard the term selfie is the typical way to take a photo with whatever camera  within your hand. I don’t remember what the “new wave” way to take a photo of yourself is called but that is with a set up with a tripod or with someone else taking the photo. Selfies are shamed upon with the gen z’ers. I dunno I’m not hip with the youngins and all their do-dads :

• Star 1

58 minutes ago, Leaf_ said:

I heard the term selfie is the typical way to take a photo with whatever camera  within your hand. I don’t remember what the “new wave” way to take a photo of yourself is called but that is with a set up with a tripod or with someone else taking the photo. Selfies are shamed upon with the gen z’ers. I dunno I’m not hip with the youngins and all their do-dads :

Me too! I am definitely not hip with the do-dads 😂 I thought oh! selfie is a picture of my self, made by myself. 😂❤ ben stiller film GIF

6 hours ago, heyitskaitlind said:

Yours definitely is a selfie. That older woman doesn't know what she's talking about lmao

Haha. Thank you. 

I'm going to send this onision forum link in the discussion. Maybe that woman shut up. Because she spammed me whole night..

I WAS SLEEPING! 

• Heart 1

• Mod
1 hour ago, cool.dus.niet said:

Haha. Thank you. 

I'm going to send this onision forum link in the discussion. Maybe that woman shut up. Because she spammed me whole night..

I WAS SLEEPING! 

Wow she must be bored with her life lol