ITT: We Post Our Favorite Authors!

• Elites
3 minutes ago, cool.dus.niet said:

1 Stephan king 

2 Geronimo Stilton 

3 Carry slee 

King is so talented, it's nuts how words can cause anxiety or fear in a reader. He can also be pretty funny, too

• Heart 1

• Elites
13 minutes ago, Sierra said:

1. Edgar Allan Poe

2. Sylvia Plath

3. Charles Dickens

4. Oscar Wilde

What's your favorite Dickens? I reread David Copperfield this past Fall. 

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't really have favorite authors but my favorite books are the Hannibal series 😅

Aw man, I haven't done that yet. Gotta copy cat you on that one. I've only seen a couple of the films and the Hannibal series with Madds Mickelson and Lawrence Fishbourne. Such a lovely rendition.

• Elites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Great Expectations!

Aw man, the only time I read that was in HS. Gotta put that on the list, because I can't recall the plot. His rhetoric is so elevated!

Do you read e-books or paper? I feel like I should transition to digital books, but the romance of holding a book and turning the page is pretty addicting.

6 minutes ago, Onision said:

The only books I ever really read... R.L.Stein

90s books GIF

I remember those! The one with the ventriloquist doll was freaky. I would always read both plots of the "choose your own adventure" versions.

Edited by Kilo
Typo

Just now, Kilo said:

Aw man, the only time I read that was in HS. Gotta put that on the list, because I can't recall the plot. His rhetoric is so elevated!

Do you read e-books or paper? I feel like I should transition to digital books, but the romance of holding a book and turning the page is pretty addicting.

I remember those! The one with the ventriloquist doll was freaky. I would always read both plots of the "choose your own adventure" versions.

I try to stay using paper, but digital is so much more convenient

• Heart 1

• Elites
16 minutes ago, Sierra said:

The smell of the pages...esp if its an old book...pls

Old books are where it's at-- the crackle of the spine when you open a big one... I have some old French books I got from an estate sale, one from 1910s and the other from the 1890s. The smell, as you mentioned, is intoxicating. Plus it has that olde style of art in it (I'm thinking of like the original Through the Looking Glass art).

• Heart 1