What do you think about Polyamory relationships?

Posted (edited)

I had a relationship with a guy that is Polyamory. I was his first girl friend afther a year he got his second one. I was fine with it. 

I think those kind of relationships can be beautiful but it is not for everyone. 

What do you think about it? 

spacer.png

Serrie name of the gif: sister wifes

Edited by cool.dus.niet
Typo

I grew up with the fantasy that there was one man out there for me....one perfect one that would not only protect me but keep me in check. I'm slowly losing faith in that fantasy but I want to hold onto hope I guess.... i think it's cool if adults want more than on partner and all sides are comfortable with it. I cant do it...but I think it's cool people can find loving relationships like that.

There are billions on the Earth... the idea of there being only one seems silly. Maybe a million compatable people per person would make more sense...

Even so, when you find a person who fits, they feel perfect for you, and they often are.

• Heart 1

I get that you can relate with a million people...be able to tolerate them... 

I guess I'm just looking for someone who I feel completes the other half of me. Makes me feel like I'll never want anyone else. I'm old school hopeless romantic.... maybe I'm just old ::shrugs::

Does this make sense?

Polyamory is a term that has been used in recent years to designate a relationship in which all members are openly involved in the decision of the relationship. It is a type of relationship that is not just open but also with multiple partners. Many people are looking for this type of relationship and there are even many people that believe that it is the future of relationships. The truth is that there are many benefits for polyamory.

Polyamorous relationships can last longer than many monogamous relationships and many people in polyamory are happier than those in monogamy. The bottom line is that polyamory can be a good thing but it needs to be a clear and conscious decision for all involved.

Seems to be looking at it in a bit of an extreme light... I think mostly all relationships are kinda... imperfect.

People should do what makes them happy. Poly relationships can be intimidating and have a lot of drama, but if the right people are in it and can make it work, then more power to them. There are billions of people on the Earth and it's dumb to think only one person is for you, but that doesn't mean you can't decide to spend your life with a single person. There is nothing wrong with either scenario. The most important thing is to understand that conflict happens with both and that in any kind of relationship you have to be able to overcome pain and misunderstanding in order to make it work. You can't love someone without hurting them, and that is where love blossoms the most - forgiveness!

Hey man, if poly relationships work for some people, great.

They say don't knock it till you try it, but even knocking it after you try it seems draining, better to just move on to better things.

Late Night Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Onision said:

Hey man, if poly relationships work for some people, great.

They say don't knock it till you try it, but even knocking it after you try it seems draining, better to just move on to better things.

Late Night Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

Indeed. I tried it I'm fine with it, I think I wouldn't like it ot person marry someone els then me. I think idea being first wife yes i can handle that but i wouldn't go for it if I'm afther other women. 

Everyone had to do what they want I respect that! 

I think that people in polyamorous relationships need their own rules, just like every other relationship. And I know for different people, polyamary has different meanings. I consider myself polyamorous because I am capable of feeling romantic feelings for multiple at the same time, but I still want to respect the rules of anyone I enter into a relationship with above all else. I think a lot of people give polyamary a bad reputation and assume a lot of things about it, but it's a different experience for everyone, as love tends to be.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, Invispara said:

I think that people in polyamorous relationships need their own rules, just like every other relationship. And I know for different people, polyamary has different meanings. I consider myself polyamorous because I am capable of feeling romantic feelings for multiple at the same time, but I still want to respect the rules of anyone I enter into a relationship with above all else. I think a lot of people give polyamary a bad reputation and assume a lot of things about it, but it's a different experience for everyone, as love tends to be.

You explain this good! 

i can have romantic feelings and love for more people but s3xual I can only be with one person. 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:42 AM, Rain Dancer - Taylor said:

I personally LOVE the idea and truly look forward to hopefully having a partner that would open to the idea. I definitely want a man and woman that's for sure 😅

Do  you want to have relationship with 2 or do you want to have al 3 a relationship with each other? 

• Elites
On 5/14/2021 at 4:06 PM, cool.dus.niet said:

Do  you want to have relationship with 2 or do you want to have al 3 a relationship with each other? 

I would be open to both of those ideas for sure! It would depend on the level of trust and communication we all have with each other for sure. 

20 minutes ago, Rain Dancer - Taylor said:

I would be open to both of those ideas for sure! It would depend on the level of trust and communication we all have with each other for sure. 

Thats a good point communication is really inportant 

I think it can work if you all trust each other not to break bounders and set them as long as you all get along and have good communication i feel like it can be an amazing experince but can also be a very scary and worrying thing if you all dont trust each other the same

• Elites
7 minutes ago, 0ToxicReality0 said:

I think it can work if you all trust each other not to break bounders and set them as long as you all get along and have good communication i feel like it can be an amazing experince but can also be a very scary and worrying thing if you all dont trust each other the same

You are absolutely right! It takes so much trust and communication to make those relationships work but they definitely can! I have seen many examples and they are such beautiful relationships. A lot of them will tell you that it takes a lot of personal growth to be in relationships like that because you need to let yourself feel and work through any feelings of jealousy or envy instead of pushing them deep down and ignoring them.

• Star 1

• Elites

I was in a z relationship (I call it) once years ago and it was good, lasted a few months. Boy dates girl/ other boy dates other girl/ both girls could go with other boy and girl. If that makes sense, it was more for the girls type of dynamic.

Never really had a bad break up. Usually just say we want other things and move along. Now, idk if I could share my partner but joining into an already committed couple I could. I see them as one and not two separate ppl so it’s easier, I guess.
Whatever floats ppls boat as long as it’s done safely and not harming anyone.

I've never been in one, but I dont consider myself judgey. My trans friend is, and she is at her happiest. If it works, & everyone is happy, no hurt or drama, I'd be happy for them just like everyone else. I actually had a friend of mine cut off connection with me because she confessed her feelings towards me, and she's married, wanted more. I was truthful and told her i just didn't have those types of feelings, i didn't trust the man she was with (who stalked me after, online) that just wouldn't work for me. Had my chance, but i had to be honest, but I still wish that I didn't hurt her feelings. 💔

I dated a couple once for about a year and even though the woman was practically in love with me i always felt like an extra player so to speak. Like they had their own thing going on and I was there for additional pleasure. They were nice and treated me very well which is why I stayed in it so long but the intim*te aspects were never enjoyable for me. 

I think the idea that one person to complete you almost sets you up for failure, it's such high expectations and pressure to put on any single person. There are so many people on earth, you're going to be romantically compatible with sooooo many of those people and chances are whoever you're with will also be compatible to those people so why not explore it if you and your partner want to, I'd personally try it with the right persons 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 5/13/2021 at 11:12 AM, Onision said:

Um... I donno... if you can do it in a responsible way sure, but I'm personally terrified of it... just too much drama.

Som*thing hints that you've tried it yourself lol.

Sure. I've always wanted to try it out. I just can't find a woman that's up for that kind of thing. My girlfriend brought it up early on in the relationship. But she said she'd pick the girl she liked and said that I could only have a casual non s*xual relationship with her "girlfriend". And then she did say that if I did sleep with her girlfriend, she'd want a second boyfriend and I'm in no way wanting a polyandry relationship where there's another guy. Either she wasn't serious about it before or she was just teasing an idea. She has become more possessive in the 6 months we've been together like a regular monogamous girlfriend. So I think it's a no go and I don't dare bring it up. 

Edited by Terminated
I wasn't finished.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:04 AM, t*rminated said:

Som*thing hints that you've tried it yourself lol.

Sure. I've always wanted to try it out. I just can't find a woman that's up for that kind of thing. My girlfriend brought it up early on in the relationship. But she said she'd pick the girl she liked and said that I could only have a casual non s*xual relationship with her "girlfriend". And then she did say that if I did sleep with her girlfriend, she'd want a second boyfriend and I'm in no way wanting a polyandry relationship where there's another guy. Either she wasn't serious about it before or she was just teasing an idea. She has become more possessive in the 6 months we've been together like a regular monogamous girlfriend. So I think it's a no go and I don't dare bring it up. 

Just imagine how hard it is to make one relationship work out... now multiply that.

• Star 1

• Elites

I believe people should do what makes them happy. Try new things and don’t down someone for som*thing they like or want to try.

I have been in a couple of relationships with multiple people. The first one didn’t work out because the female didn’t trust the male with me and that is the fine line, trust. Everyone has to be open and honest. It should be laid out from the start as to what everyone expects so they either all agree and can move forward or they will know that it’s not for them under the terms. For example, if you are in a relationship with a male and a female and the female states that the third person is only allowed to be with both at the same time, not one on one with either. That should be made clear from the start so the third can decide if that’s what they agree to as well.

For me, you should be able to be with both or either, especially if you are in a relationship with both. Jealousy can destroy this type of relationship very fast and it’s the issue I’ve always found to happen, especially when I’ve come in as the third and the couple were already established. 

9 hours ago, Onision said:

Just imagine how hard it is to make one relationship work out... now multiply that.

Good point. Very good point. I was just thinking about the s*ex*ual benefits of what it would bring and not the emotional and mental barriers that I'd have working against me. 

• Star 1