So my right eyelid has two bumps that are kinda formed into one large bump. I thought it was acne initially so I tried to poke it with a needle, but I quickly realized the bump was not attached to the layer of skin on the outside of the eyelid, but rather was only attached to the base layer of the eyelid.

Additionally the bump was very hard, almost felt like a tendon would feel (weird I know). So it didn't feel like it could be drained or popped like a normal blemish on the skin.

The bump didn't hurt, it just felt very hard and made it difficult for my right eyelid to pull back all the way.

I thought it was going away after I applied hot/cold routines to it, heating up a wet rag, applying it, then applying ice to it... but now the bump is just as big as when I started... not really sure what to do.

My research online concluded I was to apply heat, massage it etc to get the "oils" that had built up to drain out... but there being literally no progress has me confused.

Anyway, I'm not positive as to what this is, so if any of you have advice on it, I'd appreciate your input.

24 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Don't take medical advice from randoms online, literally just go to a doctor 😭😭😭

Online stuff has been right when my doctors have been wrong repeatedly.

• Heart 1

• Mod

Hmm I'm not really sure what it could be. I know you don't trust Doctors, but it's probably a good idea to get it looked at because what if it gets bigger without treatment or what if it could be ******ous? At least it's not painful.

Yeah so it's like anything I've had before... no redness, no pain, just a really hard notch on the layer of skin that is on the eyeball side of my eyelid... only on the inside, not touching my eye itself... 

Crude drawing of what I mean:
Image 001.jpg

Hey agree it sounds like a stye keep it clean using warm sterile water ( pre-boiled ) it should clear up itself within a couple of days if not antibiotics could be needed ( sorry ) you can buy eye patch things online that claim to treat them but never used them myself 

Just now, Onision said:

Yeah so it's like anything I've had before... no redness, no pain, just a really hard notch on the layer of skin that is on the eyeball side of my eyelid... only on the inside, not touching my eye itself... 

Crude drawing of what I mean:
Image 001.jpg

After seeing the drawing could be a cyst ot tag easily sorted but would suggest an optometrist 

1 minute ago, JoJo said:

After seeing the drawing could be a cyst ot tag easily sorted but would suggest an optometrist 

Cyst means I could pop it... this one feels like... you know when you're chewing steak (as I recall from like 20 years ago) and there's that little hard... cartilage like ball that just won't chew? Like you just gotta spit it out? It's like a hard little... solid mass... and that's what's annoying, no popping it, no shrinking it (that I know of) no nuttin!

Behold the delemma!

With it being on your eyelid it would be more than likely a chalazion cyst and cysts can contain fluid or solid matter, Its easily removed and would only require a local anaesthetic, If you're a nervous patient you could attempt an eye bath with a saline solution certainly wouldn't do any harm 

15 minutes ago, JoJo said:

With it being on your eyelid it would be more than likely a chalazion cyst and cysts can contain fluid or solid matter, Its easily removed and would only require a local anaesthetic, If you're a nervous patient you could attempt an eye bath with a saline solution certainly wouldn't do any harm 

Yeah I should probably talk to a doctor about removal if it doesn't go away from the internet recommended/non-invasive treatments.

Alright! So first off I wanna thank all of you for your help! Also, in my future videos if you like, pay close attention to my eyelid as you may notice the bump looks different or even is completely gone...

Guess what I did? Nope, not the hot compress, that never worked! Haha 😛

Image 001_1.jpg

You know what did work to fix my eyelid?

Well, I'll start with this... I was rubbing my eyes so much that I caused irritation in my other eyelid. There was a redness around the edge of my left eye, so I flipped my eyelid and saw a whitehead. Right away, I poked the whitehead with a needle, then I wiped away all the stuff that came out with a wet wipe.

So my left eyelid was now better, and my right eyelid still had a massive hard bump deep in the eyelid.

Inside Out Eyes GIF by Football Australia

The bump on my right eyelid didn't feel like the one on the left, mostly because of the size and because the left eyelid bump was so close to the edge of my eyelid...

WELL! Today when I woke up, I noticed the bump was the same size, if not bigger than ever. I noticed this because my eyelid wasn't retracting like it normally did, and my eye felt automatically partially closed...

The chest was like the bump, and the door, my eyelid. High Five Scooby Doo GIF by Boomerang Official

So I was getting impatient... I had already applied hot compresses so many times, nothing positive happened... I even did the hot/cold swapping out and I even poked a needle through the front of my eyelid a few times, nothing, same size, if not bigger.

Today I thought about just taking a scalpel and cutting through the front myself, but I thought "Dude you don't even know what it is and once your eyelid is open, you won't even know what to do with what you find if it doesn't just automatically come out on it's own.

So... what did I do? I thought about that other eyelid issue I had, with the whitehead... right away I decided to flip my other eyelid back so I could see what the inside of my eyelid looked like... it was quite a bit deeper than the other issue I had but there it was... deep in my eyelid was a MASSIVE... and I mean MASSIVE whitehead.

oh my god no GIF by CBC

So, with the help of my buddy, I pulled back my eyelid by holding my eyelashes, I poked the whitehead under my eyelid with a needle multiple times and had my buddy push on the white head and sc**** everything that came out of it.

The gross stuff inside literally SPIRALED out of the inside of my eyelid, it was like cleaning up a massive toxic spill spewing out of the ground.

Anyway, after quite a few scrapings, I applied hot water to my eye a few times and checked my eyelid again. I can now open and close my eyes without obstruction...

mike huckabee moments GIF

OMG... it was so gross.

I would have filmed it but I don't bother sharing my personal life on video anymore... haha... my own personal experience, all for me... however gross it may have been 😛

• Heart 2

• Mod
19 minutes ago, Onision said:

Alright! So first off I wanna thank all of you for your help! Also, in my future videos if you like, pay close attention to my eyelid as you may notice the bump looks different or even is completely gone...

Image 001_1.jpg

You know what did work?

Well, I'll start with this... I was rubbing my eyes so much that I caused irritation in my other eyelid. There was a redness around the edge of my left eye, so I flipped my eyelid and saw a whitehead. Right away, I poked the whitehead with a needle, then I wiped away all the stuff that came out with a wet wipe.

So my left eyelid was now better, and my right eyelid still had a massive hard bump deep in the eyelid.

The bump on my right eyelid didn't feel like the one on the left, mostly because of the size and because the left eyelid bump was so close to the edge of my eyelid...

WELL! Today when I woke up, I noticed the bump was the same size, if not bigger than ever. I noticed this because my eyelid wasn't retracting like it normally did, and my eye felt automatically partially closed...

So I was getting impatient... I had already applied hot compresses so many times, nothing positive happened... I even did the hot/cold swapping out and I even poked a needle through the front of my eyelid a few times, nothing, same size, if not bigger.

Today I thought about just taking a scalpal and cutting through the front myself, but I thought "Dude you don't even know what it is and once your eyelid is open, you won't even know what to do with what you find if it doesn't just automatically come out on it's own.

So... what did I do? I thought about that other eyelid issue I had, with the whitehead... right away I decided to flip my other eyelid back so I could see what the inside of my eyelid looked like... it was quite a bit deeper than the other issue I had but there it was... deep in my eyelid was a MASSIVE... and I mean MASSIVE whitehead.

So, with the help of my buddy, I pulled back my eyelid by holding my eyelashes, I poked the whitehead under my eyelid with a needle multiple times and had my buddy push on the white head and sc**** everything that came out of it.

The gross stuff inside literally SPIRALED out of the inside of my eyelid, it was like cleaning up a massive toxic spill spewing out of the ground.

Anyway, after quite a few sc****s, I applied hot water to my eye a few times and checked my eyelid again. I can now open and close my eyes without obstruction...

OMG... it was so gross.

I would have filmed it but I don't bother sharing my personal life on video anymore... haha... my own personal experience, all for me... however gross it may have been 😛

Omg 😱 Well I'm glad you found the cause of it and it's now better. I've never heard of something like that. I hope you don't have anymore problems like that! 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

Omg 😱 Well I'm glad you found the cause of it and it's now better. I've never heard of something like that. I hope you don't have anymore problems like that! 

I should have just assumed it was, once again, something related to oil buildups that could result in good ole needle fixing it ~ Pretty much every skin problem I've had can be solved by a needle... I just didn't think to look on the inside of my eyelid, and instead decided to try to fix it from the outside, my mistake.

1 minute ago, JoJo said:

Well I'm happy for you but darn that made my whole soul cringe 🤢 but you know yay on the feeling better 

Yeah, imagine sticking a needle into the inside of your eyelid... it's not a great experience...

• Heart 1

• Mod
2 minutes ago, Onision said:

I should have just assumed it was, once again, something related to oil buildups that could result in good ole needle fixing it ~ Pretty much every skin problem I've had can be solved by a needle... I just didn't think to look on the inside of my eyelid, and instead decided to try to fix it from the outside, my mistake.

Yeah, imagine sticking a needle into the inside of your eyelid... it's not a great experience...

Honestly I wouldn't have thought of that either. I would be too scared to use a needle near my eye but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good on you 😁

If they come back you should definitely go to a doctor and see what's wrong. If you ever get sore eyes or styes I do recommend using teabags they always work a treat for me and I swear on my life your eyes feel refreshed. 

In case anyone here doesn't know . 

Cup > teabag > add hot water  > wait 2 minutes >

remove the  teabag and put it into a separate cup or bowl then make sure the teabag isn't too hot. Give it a squeeze so you don't get tea all over your face. Now take that baby and gently swipe it and press it on your eyeball and eyelid. Then keep it on for a good 5 minutes. If you want to do both eyes then use two teabags instead, don't use the same teabag for both eyes.

4 hours ago, SailorVenus said:

If they come back you should definitely go to a doctor and see what's wrong. If you ever get sore eyes or styes I do recommend using teabags they always work a treat for me and I swear on my life your eyes feel refreshed. 

In case anyone here doesn't know . 

Cup > teabag > add hot water  > wait 2 minutes >

remove the  teabag and put it into a separate cup or bowl then make sure the teabag isn't too hot. Give it a squeeze so you don't get tea all over your face. Now take that baby and gently swipe it and press it on your eyeball and eyelid. Then keep it on for a good 5 minutes. If you want to do both eyes then use two teabags instead, don't use the same teabag for both eyes.

3 hours ago, Leaf_ said:

Could be a stye I heard baby soap and cold compress helps but never had them myself so maybe look into that. Hope you’re better soon!

Guys... it's a zit. Lol...

I mean it's basically a zit, red inflamed area that if you pop with a needle a bunch of gross stuff comes out and it's magically fixed.

No need to be so serious I think... *shrugs*

30 minutes ago, Onision said:

Guys... it's a zit. Lol...

I mean it's basically a zit, red inflamed area that if you pop with a needle a bunch of gross stuff comes out and it's magically fixed.

No need to be so serious I think... *shrugs*

I mean kinda yeah bc if you pop it it can cause an infection and you're specifically not supposed to do that 😭😭😭

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Sierra said:

I mean kinda yeah bc if you pop it it can cause an infection and you're specifically not supposed to do that 😭😭😭

Oh well, I've lived a decent life.

scared season 1 GIF by The White Princess

On 5/31/2021 at 5:54 PM, Onision said:

Image 001_1.jpg

You know what did work to fix my eyelid?

Inside Out Eyes GIF by Football Australia

The chest was like the bump, and the door, my eyelid. High Five Scooby Doo GIF by Boomerang Official

Today I thought about just taking a scalpel and cutting through the front myself, but I thought "Dude you don't even know what it is and once your eyelid is open, you won't even know what to do with what you find if it doesn't just automatically come out on it's own.

oh my god no GIF by CBC

The gr*ss stuff inside literally SPIRALED out of the inside of my eyelid, it was like cleaning up a massive tox*c spill spewing out of the ground.

Anyway, after quite a few scrapings, I applied hot water to my eye a few times and checked my eyelid again. I can now open and close my eyes without obstruction...

mike huckabee moments GIF

OMG... it was so gr*ss.

I would have filmed it but I don't bother sharing my personal life on video anymore... haha... my own personal experience, all for me... however gr*ss it may have been 😛

That could of been a milia spot and there’s much safer ways to get rid of it, if you ever need skincare advice…let me know 🖤 hope your eyes are ok now. 

• Heart 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, Minty said:

Is your eyelid better now? Any  differences?

Yeah it seems to be completely recovered. Had I gone along with the typical advice, it would have cost me hundreds of dollars to remove (probably) and also forced me to endure it for weeks if not months longer.

Sometimes it's good to be a cowboy.

• Star 1