So my therapist who was amazing, retired while I was ill. There will not be another session with them. I'm feeling at a loss with this. They helped me in so many ways, and showed an actual caring nature. Losing therapists has always been common for me, losing this one is upsetting to me, and I don't know if I should even try again with someone new. Right now I'm just using things I have learned, but the path is still muddy. I'm forever thankful for this one, I just wish I could go back in time to say things that were unsaid. & yeah, odd, but a hug thank you for all they've done.

Sighing Sigh GIF

• Heart 1

Sometimes I have a hard time with the thought/feeling that I may just be living for others instead of continuing to live for myself. It's a weird background thought that tends to pop up every now and then. I suppose I put myself on the back burner a lot, and I constantly try to pick myself up on days that I can do this, and still do that for me. After losing my therapist, I've been out of sorts with things, but I know I have to depend on myself with these thoughts. So up & go with more self productivity & cheer up time. Wish you all well, always. πŸ’•

9 hours ago, Admin said:

I never got into that series... lol... ugh... probably should have.

I personally like them, thats just me. πŸ˜‚ Though I do think after the second one it becomes better. Just my opinion. Replaying 5 soon. 6 left me a little confused, for 1 specific reason, but I'm not the only one.

I am currently practicing purging my reality of thoughts and feelings as of recent. Pen to paper has become frustrating, but typing is quicker and easier to do when it comes to thoughts I need to get out quickly. Weird I suppose. Or maybe not? I'll figure it out. Much love, all πŸŒŸπŸ’• Have a nice status day/night.

Sliding Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

• Star 1

• Elites

I'm thinking about how to have a discussion with my boss about clarity and the understanding that I cannot read her mind and she needs to stop acting as if I am able to understand her expectations of me without being clear...maybe I should just start job searching now.Β Β πŸ™„

• Star 1

12 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

I'm thinking about how to have a discussion with my boss about clarity and the understanding that I cannot read her mind and she needs to stop acting as if I am able to understand her expectations of me without being clear...maybe I should just start job searching now.Β Β πŸ™„

Good luck to you. I wouldn't know how to go about that conversation without coming off as a smart a*ss. I do remember having a similar conversation with my department manager at Wal-Mart who griped about everything that I ever did. He ended up cutting my hours & I quit as a result.Β 

• Elites
10 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Good luck to you. I wouldn't know how to go about that conversation without coming off as a smart a*ss. I do remember having a similar conversation with my department manager at Wal-Mart who griped about everything that I ever did. He ended up cutting my hours & I quit as a result.Β 

Hitchens, thank you. I have not had the opportunity to sit with her yet. I am nervous as heck. It's been really busy so I might have to wait until Monday. It will give me a chance to really think about what to say.Β 

• Star 1

8 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Trying to relax in bed.. watching more of daredevil for a variety of reasons. Not feeling these last couple of months so time to turn it around.

the defenders marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Β I think he's a t*rrible defense attorney. That doesn't go well with being a vigilante. It's a conflict of interests.Β 

So if you’re a criminal defense attorney and you begin to resent your clients to the point of wanting to see them prosecuted, it’s probably time to change sides. Get a job as a prosecutor and channel the burnout in a positive direction. That’s what Daredevil did, at least. Later in his comic book series’s run, Murdock returns to Manhattan with a new alter ego and takes up a job as a prosecutor.

It seems to fit the narrative better, in my opinion. There is an interesting angle to someone defending by day the same people he hunts by night, but it gives off a mild sense of schizophrenia. At least a prosecutor by day/β€œprosecutor” by night correlation is consistent.

Perhaps I feel that way because I haven’t given up on criminal defense yet. I don’t think my clients should be punished unless the prosecution proves its case beyond a reasonable doubt. If I ever get to the point of resentment where that belief no longer exists, I’ll quickly begin looking for a new career. I’m sure you would do the same.

Article:Β https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/marvels-daredevil-reminds-defense-attorneys-to-keep-their-obligations-in-perspective

Β 

Β 

• Star 1

3 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Β I think he's a t*rrible defense attorney. That doesn't go well with being a vigilante. It's a conflict of interests.Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm onto season 2. I sort of wanted to try to watch it again (I don't know why I stopped, but I'll take this over the movie) due to the Hawkeye show. I wont disagree with you on what you said. It would be a "pick a career" type of thing. Realistically (also nothing like this would happen to a person who would become blind, but we could say that with so many others) absolutely not ethical. Thanks for the link & your thoughts 😊 Hope you're having a good day. Oh, by the way - in the comics, does he quit whatever religious background he's from? & I could understand that of which being possibly a mild form of schizophrenia, or even depression. (That makes me think of punisher, though yes he has quite a few illnesses- he's still extremely violent and knows what he's doing. Not comparing them, just making me think of how many characters do have illnesses.) Have a good one, and much thanks! πŸ’•