I, along with a lot of people have a problem with Twitter... I go on ranting, and I can't stop. I think I'm in control, but I'm not, I get so angry in my ranting and it's been going on for years.

My problem is, I am so certain that what I am saying is true based on the extensive evidence I have for each argument I am proposing that I get even more motivated when anyone argues with me.

Someone says something that challenges what I say, so I'll go in even more depth to dissect what they say and further elaborate on my points...

But the reality is, this is all a waste of time, and life.

So how do you deal with it? Well... you change your password to something you don't even know, and only allow yourself to update Twitter through other apps... like that feature they had where once you upload to YouTube you're automatically promoted to Twitter... thing is... they don't have that feature there anymore so I guess I'll just have to use other sites?

I've tried this before, and always wound up back on Twitter.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, well, I have a serious problem, and I'd like to fix it. I never feel better after my rants, I rarely feel like I've really accomplished anything... so it has to stop.

american horror story fx GIF by AHS

• Elites

The majority of people are morons. Aggressively ignorant. I can see the point of argument online because then that view is fully expressed for future morons to read. But most don't care.

I hope you ascertain the apathy required of social media. Because really, most everyone is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

The majority of people are morons. Aggressively ignorant. I can see the point of argument online because then that view is fully expressed for future morons to read. But most don't care.

I hope you ascertain the apathy required of social media. Because really, most everyone is an idiot.

Well that's a relief... ugh. Maybe we're already living in Idiocracy... only it's begun with the internet and means to spread further.

GIF by Idiocracy

Either way, I'm being pretty foolish for engaging...

• Elites
1 minute ago, Onision said:

Well that's a relief... ugh. Maybe we're already living in Idiocracy... only it's begun with the internet and means to spread further.

GIF by Idiocracy

A relief? Idiocracy manifesting is a horror. So many idiots breed stupid *****ren and raise them with convoluted notions of respect. And then they perpetuate the pattern with their own *****ren. I mean, the film was funny, but the caption to the title "comedy that turned into a documentary" is disturbing...

I saw something like that the other day... there was this mom in a beat up/horribly painted car, and her offspring was screaming horrible things at her...

I was thinking... no mom would have these things screamed at her unless that young human had learned it from someone else... and the angry attitude the boy had, was very disturbing, like full blown rage screaming at his mom...

The mom was yelling back at the boy... it was clear who taught him the attitude of rage screaming and incoherent angry word use...

Basically what I'm saying is, maybe it is all in the raising... like for instance circling back to my issues with Twitter... my mom, I got that from her. My mom has anger issues and is a writer... in person, during arguments, I most always just crumble down, like with a woman who physically wrapped her arms around me and wouldn't let me move... I just crumbled into nervous laughter... but... with online arguments? I burn bridges... I act just like my mom.

That's part of why I'm glad I started this discussion... I want to figure myself out, heal... become better.

• Heart 1

• Mod

I understand that you need to get your frustrations out sometimes. I do that too if I have something to complain about. When it comes to what people say under your tweets, it's best to not read them. Reading those comments will make you feel worse. Maybe you can turn off the notifications when someone replies to your tweets. The best thing to do is not have a Twitter. I really don't want you to delete it, but I also don't want you feeling upset and angry. Twitter is a very toxic place. Maybe spend more time here, where people are on your side and care about you 🙂

7 minutes ago, Onision said:

I saw something like that the other day... there was this mom in a beat up/horribly painted car, and her offspring was screaming horrible things at her...

I was thinking... no mom would have these things screamed at her unless that young human had learned it from someone else... and the angry attitude the boy had, was very disturbing, like full blown rage screaming at his mom...

The mom was yelling back at the boy... it was clear who taught him the attitude of rage screaming and incoherent angry word use...

Basically what I'm saying is, maybe it is all in the raising... like for instance circling back to my issues with Twitter... my mom, I got that from her. My mom has anger issues and is a writer... in person, during arguments, I most always just crumble down, like with a woman who physically wrapped her arms around me and wouldn't let me move... I just crumbled into nervous laughter... but... with online arguments? I burn bridges... I act just like my mom.

That's part of why I'm glad I started this discussion... I want to figure myself out, heal... become better.

Analyzing your own behaviors is actually a really good way to better yourself mentally. It can be hard to acknowledge your own shortcomings, but it helps you grow. Google "shadow work." You might find it beneficial. ❤

• Elites

We inherit so many qualities from our folks. And some just pass us by. Rage may be a genetic inheritance, but methods of expressing it is definitely of "nurture" experience. I inherited my mom's general distrust, but her physical expression of emotion is beyond me (ranging from affection to abuse).  In therapy i did exercises that isolated the trigger for a response and discussed it. What inspires anxiety (or whatever else) and why? What can i do instead? It's resulted in more journaling and more cigarettes.

I've learned I can't fully express myself during specific areas of my life, it makes me want to go back to my old LiveJournal days, or something. I am usually half and halfing my days with some sm, or just my own Journaling. I've seen where people do limit the people or no people can respond to the tweet. You do need a healthy release and you should have the freedom to do that without those  people who are still kicking those stones. I do like your tweets. I dont comment because there is no changing opinions to those who refuse to see your side of things, it's always "Hansen though followed by gross comment" . Amazing what a handful of Jerks can do emotionally, physically, financially to a person. I've seen the other side of the fence and it's ugly. It breaks me to see this injustice, I am just in hopes that you can rebuild, after everything. I know your trust is broken(any ones would be), you do have a lot of people behind you.

35 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

I understand that you need to get your frustrations out sometimes. I do that too if I have something to complain about. When it comes to what people say under your tweets, it's best to not read them. Reading those comments will make you feel worse. Maybe you can turn off the notifications when someone replies to your tweets. The best thing to do is not have a Twitter. I really don't want you to delete it, but I also don't want you feeling upset and angry. Twitter is a very toxic place. Maybe spend more time here, where people are on your side and care about you 🙂

Yeah, there are other reasons for my Twitter to exist, good ones... but me posting directly to it is not necessary.

33 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Analyzing your own behaviors is actually a really good way to better yourself mentally. It can be hard to acknowledge your own shortcomings, but it helps you grow. Google "shadow work." You might find it beneficial. ❤

I looked it up... all I got from it is that you should acknowledge and analyze your shadows? Your... darker personality traits?

30 minutes ago, Kilo said:

We inherit so many qualities from our folks. And some just pass us by. Rage may be a genetic inheritance, but methods of expressing it is definitely of "nurture" experience. I inherited my mom's general distrust, but her physical expression of emotion is beyond me (ranging from affection to abuse).  In therapy i did exercises that isolated the trigger for a response and discussed it. What inspires anxiety (or whatever else) and why? What can i do instead? It's resulted in more journaling and more cigarettes.

I just have Twitter rage... rage elsewhere doesn't really exist... not road rage, not domestic rage or anything like that... I get worked up by short messages in tweet form... dumb really.

16 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I've learned I can't fully express myself during specific areas of my life, it makes me want to go back to my old LiveJournal days, or something. I am usually half and halfing my days with some sm, or just my own Journaling. I've seen where people do limit the people or no people can respond to the tweet. You do need a healthy release and you should have the freedom to do that without those  people who are still kicking those stones. I do like your tweets. I dont comment because there is no changing opinions to those who refuse to see your side of things, it's always "Hansen though followed by gross comment" . Amazing what a handful of Jerks can do emotionally, physically, financially to a person. I've seen the other side of the fence and it's ugly. It breaks me to see this injustice, I am just in hopes that you can rebuild, after everything. I know your trust is broken(any ones would be), you do have a lot of people behind you.

Wanting justice is kind of a curse... when it is difficult to obtain you know? Learning to accept is powerful. I need to be stronger.

• Heart 3

• Elites
19 minutes ago, Onision said:

Yeah, there are other reasons for my Twitter to exist, good ones... but me posting directly to it is not necessary.

I looked it up... all I got from it is that you should acknowledge and analyze your shadows? Your... darker personality traits?

I just have Twitter rage... rage elsewhere doesn't really exist... not road rage, not domestic rage or anything like that... I get worked up by short messages in tweet form... dumb really.

Wanting justice is kind of a curse... when it is difficult to obtain you know? Learning to accept is powerful. I need to be stronger.

What can strangers delineate about your life? From what I've seen, most of them are obsessive and bored-- tethering themselves to a conflict that has naught to do with them, perhaps trying to forge meaning by snooping into other people's business. **** em.  They are Twitter fodder. Their façade is of justice but they don't adhere all the evidence.  Which makes them bull****. 

Words are easy to nod to... I have to actually show I agree with you by changing my life... by taking control and being consistent... addition to apps is crazy and painfully real... so it's a day-by-day battle.

Kinda scary to think about how I'd ever deal if I became addicted to drinking or something... big yikes.

• Elites
6 minutes ago, Onision said:

Words are easy to nod to... I have to actually show I agree with you by changing my life... by taking control and being consistent... addition to apps is crazy and painfully real... so it's a day-by-day battle.

Kinda scary to think about how I'd ever deal if I became addicted to drinking or something... big yikes.

Yes, avoid addiction. But one chasm made needs to be filled. So if you strike a platform fill it with something that feeds you. Wilderness or games or reading. Something that brims you tippity top, making you want for more.

• Elites
34 minutes ago, Onision said:

I was thinking of just posting to this forum more to help offset that need to talk.

What about conquering mountains? Standing at the summit and seeing your kingdom splayed out before you. Whenever i reach a peak i think "this is my land". 

I can go off Twitter for months and months at a time I used it as a platform to promote something else at one point and found it a valuable tool for interacting with others but then I would find all that interaction too much and shut it down, I need a happy medium instead of being all or nothing. plus it's not like it used to be it did used to be fun at one point now it's just faceless creatures just being horrid and trying to drag as many people down as they can feel better about themselves superior in a way I guess. Meh it's super late here and I'm reaching the stage where my own filter slips and I ramble so I you all love and say goodnight ***

3 hours ago, Onision said:

Basically, your "shadow self" is everything you have learned to repress from *****hood. These things remain in your subconscious and cause you to manifest negative personality traits. Because it is repressed, you can't really acknowledge it. Shadow work helps you to recognize those mental blocks so that you can transcend your negative patterns. Here's a good article on it:

https://medium.com/big-self-society/shadow-work-a-simple-guide-to-transcending-the-darker-aspects-of-the-self-e948ee285723