Just walked out of therapy...

It's just been a short time here, but I mentioned how much I've connected to people in a group, smiles, sharing and connecting. You've all been a positive twist in my life. I appreciate seeing you all. So thank you ❤ you're all wonderful. Just felt I should note you all as being such a positive light right now. 

All Love GIF by FLETCHER

• Elites

I'm sorry your counselor didn't treat you right. I've had issues with my old therapist as well. Never had the balls to straight up walk out though.  I'm glad you feel safe in a community and feel respected. I hope your day gets better.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

I'm sorry your counselor didn't treat you right. I've had issues with my old therapist as well. Never had the balls to straight up walk out though.  I'm glad you feel safe in a community and feel respected. I hope your day gets better.

I just walked out, meaning I felt as if I didn't have to finish my session. 😂 I'm sorry, I should have worded that differently. I have walked out and never came back on therapists in the past though. It took a very long time to find one I felt comfortable with, that wouldn't leave, or say the repeating "and how did that make you feel" crap. The ones wanting to lab rat me with medication after medication. I was a no to that. I just needed understanding.  Someone who not just hears me but listens. She's actually a very good therapist. Very empathetic, and always willing to help me in a way if need be. Thank you, dear ❤ it's been a good day, aside from my messy topic. 😂❤ hugs to you!

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Walked out like all done or walked out like... before it was over?

I myself am doing ok in therapy but... not a whole lot of progress.

Walked out before it was over. But it wasn't a bad thing! I just felt like I was progressing well, and she did too. She asked if I was sure I wanted to leave, which was kind. I told her I'd of course be returning (she's the only one I've trusted or was able to communicate fully with for like...well maybe 15 years). It took a long time for me to be where I'm at now. Everyone is different. your health is so important. If it doesn't feel right, make a switch. I believe in you, and I believe you'll get there. ❤

• Elites
9 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I just walked out, meaning I felt as if I didn't have to finish my session. 😂 I'm sorry, I should have worded that differently. I have walked out and never came back on therapists in the past though. It took a very long time to find one I felt comfortable with, that wouldn't leave, or say the repeating "and how did that make you feel" crap. The ones wanting to lab rat me with medication after medication. I was a no to that. I just needed understanding.  Someone who not just hears me but listens. She's actually a very good therapist. Very empathetic, and always willing to help me in a way if need be. Thank you, dear ❤ it's been a good day, aside from my messy topic. 😂❤ hugs to you!

Oh jeez. Okay. That's good! I'm glad you get tp speak with someone who respects your paradigm, that makes you feel heard. So many people are let down by their therapists, and I'm happy you're not one of them. It's truly important to vibe with your counselor, considering all the trauma you gotta unload on them. Yay!

22 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Oh jeez. Okay. That's good! I'm glad you get tp speak with someone who respects your paradigm, that makes you feel heard. So many people are let down by their therapists, and I'm happy you're not one of them. It's truly important to vibe with your counselor, considering all the trauma you gotta unload on them. Yay!

I definitely was let down a lot, but I didn't give up. Some people do though, sadly... it only takes one or more bad experiences...I've always had this dislike for therapy or just psychology, psychiatry in general and it was all because of how I felt treated during my path. It's like digging through needles to find something so small and valuable... support can be hard to find. I'll always have my bad days...but she, this group, some family, some friends, are all apart of my good days. I navigate to where I can feel better, or just be able to share or relate. Or if I can be of use to anyone.  What's sort of funny is that my relationship with my therapist she opens up a bit to me too, which she knows makes me feel less isolated and more verbal. ❤ thank you for reading and understanding. I hope you're doing well ❤ are you still in therapy or maybe reconsidering it if you feel you need/want it?