Are Ghosts Real? Do Paranormal Events Really Happen?

• Immortals

A lot of people might experience paranormal things, even though they might not be a believer. 

So let's discuss this topic, since there has been a lot of interesting paranormal stories shared throughout decades. Such a the infamous exorcism of Emily Rose that made headlines in regards of who held the responsibility after her *****. 

Do you believe in the paranormal? Why/why not?

Have you had any experiences? Both good and bad?

Would you like to believe in it? Or is it just a way people cope with things happening in their lifes? (Looking to blame something for x happening) 

Please respect everyones beliefs. 

• Moderators

I've never actually seen a ghost, but I believe they exist. One time I felt like someone was behind me and I turned around but no one was there. There was another time when I worked in a nursing home and after someone passed away, their room number went off on the pagers we had to keep with us. There was a switch on the bathroom wall and someone would have had to pull it for the room number to go off, but no one was in there. We don't know how it was pulled down. We were all together so no one was playing a prank.

• Moderators

Ever since I was little. The ghost I see never have legs, they're not full body. Or I catch orbs. I can hear whispers, or feel that there is a presence. I have recorded and kept my evps, and have thought about adding them to songs. However by skepticism ( had to learn how to balance it, as I am too much of a believer ) I have to wonder if they are demonic in nature and I wouldn't place them in a song. I've lived in a haunted home, and it's no joke. Some people on YouTube and other places, make the paranormal community look very bad. So I get mocked often, but it's really not a big deal to me. It's my personal experiences and those who have walked on that path with me. ❤

• Moderators

I was always interested in the paranormal, but was skeptical. Then, in 2017 I dated someone who ***d in 2018, then moved into his apartment with his roommate. I experienced many things that seemed paranormal but that probably wouldn't convince a skeptic, such as knocking and doors closing by themselves. However, on my birthday, i was with my roommates girlfriend while my roommate was sleeping in his room, which was large. His bed was at the end of the room, opposite the door. Me and the gf started hearing noises, like something was being thrown at the door. There was a medium sound bang at the door, then a very loud sound. It happened 3 times. We worked up the courage to open the door. My roommate was still sound asleep (if he had moved we would have heard him get up and walk over). At the foot of the door was a fork and a remote, which was obviously what had hit the door. There is no logical explanation for how this could have happened. Ever since that day, I believe in paranormal occurrences 100%

I would love for any skeptics to try and rationalize this experience. As far as I know, it simply cannot be explained except to say that it was supernatural.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

On 5/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, Sierra said:

I would love for any skeptics to try and rationalize this experience. As far as I know, it simply cannot be explained except to say that it was supernatural.

A lot of times there is a logical explanation, we just haven't thought of it. You know how when you're younger, we have a lot of suspicions that wind up being silly... like, about Santa Clause and Jesus?

Well... I think that our minds aren't quite evolved enough to really achieve our full potential... and because of that, we find ourselves not understanding things that would be obvious if only we could develop our brains a little further.

In other words: I just assume there is an explanation and I simply can't think of it.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Onision said:

A lot of times there is a logical explanation, we just haven't thought of it. You know how when you're younger, we have a lot of suspicions that wind up being silly... like, about Santa Clause and Jesus?

Well... I think that our minds aren't quite evolved enough to really achieve our full potential... and because of that, we find ourselves not understanding things that would be obvious if only we could develop our brains a little further.

In other words: I just assume there is an explanation and I simply can't think of it.

If you think our minds aren't evolved enough to achieve our full potential, why resist the notion that there may be things that absolutely cannot be explained by our scientific laws? Things that our mind just can't comprehend because they defy all we think to be true? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Sierra said:

If you think our minds aren't evolved enough to achieve our full potential, why resist the notion that there may be things that absolutely cannot be explained by our scientific laws? Things that our mind just can't comprehend because they defy all we think to be true? 

It's kinda funny to argue either way right? We're all so silly 😋

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Onision said:

It's kinda funny to argue either way right? We're all so silly 😋

Idk I find it really interesting. It's like the Socratic paradox says, "the only thing I know is that I know nothing." We like to say "____ isn't real" but in actuality, we do not have the knowledge to make such a claim. I think this applies to the supernatural as well. There are absolutely things far beyond our comprehension, and to shut down possibilities is to ignore that fact.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Sierra said:

There are absolutely things far beyond our comprehension, and to shut down possibilities is to ignore that fact.

I'll take it a step further, we're all incredibly stupid. We are programmed like everything else on this planet to think a certain way, to live a certain way, to accomplish certain tasks to forward our species, server our purpose and then return to the Earth... we like to think of ourselves as some powerful entities when really we're probably more like gears in a machine of billions of gears... 

The ego... I don't quite understand the purpose of it... when people say there is a special plan for them... it's so odd... why you? Why me? Why anyone? We are a chance, all of us. One night, our parents made a decision and we happened, just like they happened and so on... a whim, often an accident...

Haha... just saying, the ideal of the supernatural seems... more like echoes of our own minds in many instances. Like playing Ouija board with someone and the answers seem to be what they want them to be... humans are well-known projectors ~ many of us see what we want to and design our own reality.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Onision said:

I'll take it a step further, we're all incredibly stupid. We are programmed like everything else on this planet to think a certain way, to live a certain way, to accomplish certain tasks to forward our species, server our purpose and then return to the Earth... we like to think of ourselves as some powerful entities when really we're probably more like gears in a machine of billions of gears... 

The ego... I don't quite understand the purpose of it... when people say there is a special plan for them... it's so odd... why you? Why me? Why anyone? We are a chance, all of us. One night, our parents made a decision and we happened, just like they happened and so on... a whim, often an accident...

Haha... just saying, the ideal of the supernatural seems... more like echoes of our own minds in many instances. Like playing Ouija board with someone and the answers seem to be what they want them to be... humans are well-known projectors ~ many of us see what we want to and design our own reality.

All that supernatural means is something "attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature" 

admitting that something is beyond our understanding is the complete opposite of seeing what we want to. It's admitting that we cant see all there is to see.

• Immortals
On 5/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, cool.dus.niet said:

A lot of people might experience paranormal things, even though they might not be a believer. 

So let's discuss this topic, since there has been a lot of interesting paranormal stories shared throughout decades. Such a the infamous exorcism of Emily Rose that made headlines in regards of who held the responsibility after her *****. 

Do you believe in the paranormal? Why/why not?

Have you had any experiences? Both good and bad?

Would you like to believe in it? Or is it just a way people cope with things happening in their lifes? (Looking to blame something for x happening) 

Please respect everyones beliefs. 

I think it’s real. Felt shjt before quite a few times. I don’t like it though. I’m actually not a big fan of the “Line” being crossed the wrong way, personally but it happens and there’s reasons for it but I don’t care nor engage. I think between life/qeath, it should be a One-way road kinda thing. People suck in general, and that doesn’t necessarily change after they “cross over” Like imagine how unpleasant/annoying to be around lost souls would get. 4ucking scary af too.

For Aliens, sure it’s possible. But again, humans are generally unpleasant so if Aliens exist, they’re probably avoiding tf out of us like take a hint NASA lol 😆 we should just be glad they aren’t ******ing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Immortals

I don't believe in any kind of superstitious belief. Being an Atheist. I want strong and forensic evidence that it exists. If you can prove the paranormal exists with EVIDENCE that'll win you the nobel prize. Then you have som*thing to debate with. If the person making these claims can't present evidence to me. Than I won't buy into your claims no matter how strong you think your argument is. Christians tend to argue that they think the BIBLE is evidence and it's not. It's a superstitious book that is full of fictional claims that are contradictory to historical and anthropological evidence. They can't even prove Jesus ever existed because he's fictional character that's based on Horus. 

• Elites

I’ve had toys going off in another room. I changed out the batteries and made sure there was no way for them to keep going off. It happened so much that I finally yelled out “can you stop?!” And it shut off. Did that a couple times throughout then thought of doing the opposite of asking for it to be turned on. Other side of my house, no one home, it goes off on demand. Happened a more than a handful of times to be coincidence. I was talking to my bf at the time about it bc it never went off while he was home and it happened where that time I had a witness, toy goes off as I’m talking about it then shuts off when I tell it to. Then it never happened again. The toys going off never made me feel scared. Same house I heard my name be called in a loud whisper it felt like it was said right in front of me. Even a breathily pause in the middle of my name. Spooky. At a different place I was again home alone and I thought I saw my bf come home so I got out of the bedroom to go say hi. Of course no one was there. It was an apartment so not much places someone could hide. I brushed it off and went into the fridge and while looking for a drink I felt a strong double tap on my shoulder, I turned around expecting him to have been trying to sneak up on me and scare me but no one there again. I called out “come on out that’s not even funny” and looked around the island again expecting him to be hiding. No one there. I got freaked and walked back to my bed and put in my iPod to distract myself. No drafts, no widows open, no fan on, middle of the summer, I felt a bust of the coldest wind you could imagine rush over me. I’m not one to freak out but putting everything together I was flipping out, hid under my blanket until he came home about an hour later. I’ve had a couple more incidences but I’m sure I’ve made myself sound crazy enough already lul 

• Immortals

A few years back as I was going to bed I thought I saw a creature standing in the corner of my room. I got an alright look at it, and could even draw to the best of my ability what it looked like once I got out of bed to do so. To this day I'm not really sure if I saw som*thing or if I was just slipping in and out of a dreaming and waking state.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Existing as a human is complicated enough... so you know... a lot of strange things are bound to be perceived and felt with the science project going on in our brains.

ghost GIF

• Immortals

Uh,

as someone who is very spiritually in touch and accepting that not everyone believes the same way which is perfectly fine, also as someone who has learned of all religions in college.... aside from that I fully believe I personally have had paranormal experiences. I am always reluctant to share them because I am a little skeptical myself. And dreams in a sense to me have always been interesting. More times than not though, I do not like to dream. As I always had troubles sleeping my whole life anywho.