I have two, I recently watched both saint maud and spiral(a shudder exclusive) and didn't really care for either while they both had good points overall I feel like they weren't particularly interesting 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Onision said:

I regret watching... oh... yeah... HEREDETARY OMG avoid it.

Scared Toni Collette GIF by A24

That and TUSK... YIKES

tusk GIF by A24

Hereditary is one of the greatest modern horror films 😑🤚 I've seen it at least a dozen times

As for Tusk well....I know Kevin Smith and his work well, and he should definitely stick to comedy 😂

For me, I haaaated midsommar. SO boring and not deserving of the horror title.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Sierra said:

Hereditary is one of the greatest modern horror films 😑🤚 I've seen it at least a dozen times

As for Tusk well....I know Kevin Smith and his work well, and he should definitely stick to comedy 😂

For me, I haaaated midsommar. SO boring and not deserving of the horror title.

Hereditary didn't aim to scare people, it aimed to traumatize people - it wasn't scary, it was scarring. Just like Tusk, not designed to scare, instead, designed to give people PTSD from seeing something so messed up.

Should be a whole separate genre for those two movies.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

I regret watching... oh... yeah... HEREDETARY OMG avoid it.

Scared Toni Collette GIF by A24

That and TUSK... YIKES

tusk GIF by A24

Omg I HATED hereditary but everyone always went on about how great it was and said I was crazy for disliking it. Tusk was also too much lol 

I haven't seen midsommer yet though 

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

Hereditary didn't aim to scare people, it aimed to traumatize people - it wasn't scary, it was scarring. Just like Tusk, not designed to scare, instead, designed to give people PTSD from seeing something so messed up.

Ari Aster did say he originally intended for hereditary to be a family drama with horror elements, but I definitely find it terrifying. When the mom is moving behind him on the wall...one of the most chilling scenes

Tusk was moreso meant to be a horror comedy. I believe it was the first movie Kevin Smith made after he started smoking so that explains some things 😂

I watch a lot of horror and there is a LOT of bad horror I wish I never wasted time on...a few of them are Annabelle (Annabelle: Creation was good tho), Ouija: The Origin of Evil, La Llorona, The Nun, the Exorcist 2 and 3, *****ren of the Corn, and I agree with The Witch being terrible as well.

• Heart 2

Just now, Sierra said:

I watch a lot of horror and there is a LOT of bad horror I wish I never wasted time on...a few of them are Annabelle (Annabelle: Creation was good tho), Ouija: The Origin of Evil, La Llorona, The Nun, the Exorcist 2 and 3, *****ren of the Corn, and I agree with The Witch being terrible as well.

Horror movies are soooo hit or miss, sometimes you end up with a gem most of the time you do not 

I'll tell you what though, rob zombie has not yet made a film I haven't liked 

• Elites
17 minutes ago, Onision said:

Movie I regret watching was Sinister 3. I never saw the previous movies or a trailer but saw it at a movie store and heard the title before so I rented it unknowingly I was going to be watching some messed up stuff. Exactly how you describe hereditary though I’ve never heard of that movie. I felt like it was some dark web bs when I thought it would be a regular paranormal horror film oof

• Mod
1 hour ago, Sierra said:

Yeah The Nun was a disappoinment too

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, NHChicky said:

Requiem for a dream

Right!? What was the whole end of the movie? And why???

3 minutes ago, SpookyCoo said:

A Serbian Film.

The Girl Next Door.

Martyrs.

August Underground.

Grotesque.

I have no idea what any of those are... except maybe TGND, was that Jack Bauer's daughter?

On 5/31/2021 at 10:48 AM, JoJo said:

Human centipede 🤮

Right? Haha... never saw it. Knew better.

• Heart 2

• Mod
On 5/31/2021 at 1:48 PM, JoJo said:

Human centipede 🤮

Tbh that movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yeah it was gross but I thought it was going to be worse. Maybe I'm just desensitized lol

• Heart 1

Just now, Onision said:

Right!? What was the whole end of the movie? And why???

No I know that movie can be hard to watch but it's literally so beautifully tragic if you think about it. I would consider it a masterpiece. A chilling insight into addiction 

• Heart 1

• Elites
8 minutes ago, Onision said:

I have no idea what any of those are... except maybe TGND, was that Jack Bauer's daughter?

Count yourself lucky... they're all haunting... and unfortunately TGND with Jack Bauer's daughter actress just shares its title with the one I listed.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Tbh that movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yeah it was gross but I thought it was going to be worse. Maybe I'm just desensitized lol

I saw the trailer and thought… “why would I want to see that, ew.”

lol

• Heart 1

Human Centipide, a lot of people find it absurd and almost comical but that movie messed me up like imagine that happening 😭😭

Hereditary, that one truly gets into your brain. I’ve honestly had nightmares from it. Really intense and brutal. So not for the faint of heart. 

The horror genre I’ve watched since I was 7. I remember my first horror movie was the grudge my dad took us to see it. My mom covered my eyes through most of it but lol ever since I’ve always watched horror movies.