I dont smoke anymore i started smoking after I was promoted to a stressful area of my job (I smoked for about almost 3 years, high price cigarettes and really addictive) . It gave me a chance to mingle i guess. But i started to stink and everything i touched did too. Plus i was developing a cough. Before my nephew was born i tried to kick the habit, then tapered off with vaping. Went from thousands of chemicals to just 4 ingre***nts. Now I rarely vape at all and will be stopping. Big tobacco is a pain in the butt for those who vape. There's also Mail banning vape equipment and giving stores a difficult time. Of course I won't tell you what to do, i just want you to becareful ❤

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I dont smoke anymore i started smoking after I was promoted to a stressful area of my job (I smoked for about almost 3 years, high price cigarettes and really addictive) . It gave me a chance to mingle i guess. But i started to stink and everything i touched did too. Plus i was developing a cough. Before my nephew was born i tried to kick the habit, then tapered off with vaping. Went from thousands of chemicals to just 4 ingre***nts. Now I rarely vape at all and will be stopping. Big tobacco is a pain in the butt for those who vape. There's also Mail banning vape equipment and giving stores a difficult time. Of course I won't tell you what to do, i just want you to becareful ❤

I feel the stess and smoking with you... 

I will be careful. Thanks you ❤️

I know I can stop if I have to. I stopped for 11 months when I was pregnant and gave breastfeeding to my baby. 

Edited by cool.dus.niet

• Moderators

I never have. I've been offered a cigarette before when I was in high school and said, "No thanks." Then the dude who offered it said, "Smart choice." Lol

1 minute ago, heyitskaitlind said:

I never have. I've been offered a cigarette before when I was in high school and said, "No thanks." Then the dude who offered it said, "Smart choice." Lol

Yeah it is

I'm actually almost straight edge lol I'll socially drink every once in awhile and not even get drunk but I smoke neither pot nor cigarettes and generally just stay away from anything really bad for you not that I'm a health nut or anything either though 

It just seems like things like smoking especially is almost a bad habit you have to force yourself into like I've never heard anyone who said yeah I loved cigs from the first one, they've always said how awful it was and I'm like.....then why did you keep doing it? Nothing against smokers just never understood it  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, brittniisundae said:

Noice. Where are you from?

I've tried cigarettes a few times and they literally taste so bad and make me nauseous...all just to feel light headed for a few seconds? No thanks

• Elites

Yes, the devils lettuce. I was against smoking (Marajuana specifically) for 20 something years. Namely because weed culture is insufferable. Those who abuse it or revolve their entire lives around it are in the wrong.  Then there's the darker side of the illegal trade, which is a slippery slope. 

But its medicinal. I know that for a fact. My father has severe PTSD, was somewhat abusive growing up, and was reaching rock bottom (he is prior military), he went away for a little while when I was a teen, got better and came back smoking like a chimney. But he was different. He was better. It calmed him, eased his pains and fears, and he took his rage out less on me. 

Later, the worst year of my life 2016

I was an alcoholic and depressed. A lot of horrible things happened to the people I loved around me. Really really bad things, from 1st degree ******,  dismemberment,  to *******. I joined the Army to escape that hell. I lasted most of my 1st contract befor getting out on similar grounds as Onision. An outburst, I was tried of feeling like a robot slave, and the toxicity was suffocating. "Perception is reality " **** you, Sarge. That's like syaing "it's cool to judge a book by its cover" . God I hated the military !!! 

I got out from the Army with a full honorable discharge. I made a friend who made weed look stupid. She was one of those weed culture people who did nothing but smoke and if they couldn't smoke, it was the end of the world. But one day, I said **** it and tried. I slept nightmare free, I didn't crave alcohol, my headaches subsided, my ambition and drive to just exist increased. I became creative and started writing poetry again. So I started smoking regularly,  with breaks to remind myself I might not always be in a legal state (I was in Michigan and California). Marajuana got me off my bazillion meds I was on for depression, anxiety, narcolepsy (type 2)  and insomnia (yea you can have both of the later two and lemme tell you it ain't ****ing cute) . I also have a lesser form of tourrettes syndrome, and it reduces my ticks but over 75%. (Having a form of tourrettes in the Army was a ****ing hoot while in formation....) 

Now, back to the present, I am finally 100% off all those awful antidepressants and stimulates. I now have a routine of holistic herbs, which was inspired by how much weed was helping me, i thought health and medicine must exist beyond Marajuana in the plant world.  Ashwaghanda, Siberian Root, Astragalus and GABA for my depression and anxiety, and also libido! I take L-Tyrosine, Lions Mane, and Gurana Root for energy support. Ginko and Phostphatetidyl for my foggy mind. I'll smoke CBD or Delta-8 marajuana if im not in a legal state at night or to wind down. (But I will smoke Delta-9 if I am in a legal safe space for it) holistic herbs are not a miracle cure all, and marajuana is NOT for everyone. And I still suffer from all my aliments, but they're little mobs instead of giant scary bosses now. 

Like I know it's pathetic as heck but that stupid plant saved my life. 

Thank you Mother Nature ! You're pretty cool sometimes. 

21 hours ago, Sierra said:

I've tried cigarettes a few times and they literally taste so bad and make me nauseous...all just to feel light headed for a few seconds? No thanks

Yep, same. Cigs are nasty lol 🤢 

5 hours ago, Kitsunebliss said:

Yes, the devils lettuce. I was against smoking (Marajuana specifically) for 20 something years. Namely because weed culture is insufferable. Those who abuse it or revolve their entire lives around it are in the wrong.  Then there's the darker side of the illegal trade, which is a slippery slope. 

But its medicinal. I know that for a fact. My father has severe PTSD, was somewhat abusive growing up, and was reaching rock bottom (he is prior military), he went away for a little while when I was a teen, got better and came back smoking like a chimney. But he was different. He was better. It calmed him, eased his pains and fears, and he took his rage out less on me. 

I was an alcoholic and depressed. A lot of horrible things happened to the people I loved around me. Really really bad things, from 1st degree ******,  dismemberment,  to *******. I joined the Army to escape that Hades. I lasted most of my 1st contract befor getting out on similar grounds as Onision. An outburst, I was tried of feeling like a robot slave, and the toxicity was suffocating. "Perception is reality " **** you, Sarge. That's like syaing "it's cool to judge a book by its cover" . God I hated the military !!! 

I got out from the Army with a full honorable discharge. I made a friend who made weed look stupid. She was one of those weed culture people who did nothing but smoke and if they couldn't smoke, it was the end of the world. But one day, I said **** it and tried. I slept nightmare free, I didn't crave alcohol, my headaches subsided, my ambition and drive to just exist increased. I became creative and started writing poetry again. So I started smoking regularly,  with breaks to remind myself I might not always be in a legal state (I was in Michigan and California). Marajuana got me off my bazillion meds I was on for depression, anxiety, narcolepsy (type 2)  and insomnia (yea you can have both of the later two and lemme tell you it ain't ****ing cute) . I also have a lesser form of tourrettes syndrome, and it reduces my ticks but over 75%. (Having a form of tourrettes in the Army was a ****ing hoot while in formation....) 

Now, back to the present, I am finally 100% off all those awful antidepressants and stimulates. I now have a routine of holistic herbs, which was inspired by how much weed was helping me, i thought health and medicine must exist beyond Marajuana in the plant world.  Ashwaghanda, Siberian Root, Astragalus and GABA for my depression and anxiety, and also libido! I take L-Tyrosine, Lions Mane, and Gurana Root for energy support. Ginko and Phostphatetidyl for my foggy mind. I'll smoke CBD or Delta-8 marajuana if im not in a legal state at night or to wind down. (But I will smoke Delta-9 if I am in a legal safe space for it) holistic herbs are not a miracle cure all, and marajuana is NOT for everyone. And I still suffer from all my aliments, but they're little mobs instead of giant scary bosses now. 

This was amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. It’s so profound that I think this a whole other discussion. Maybe I could start a separate topic for ‘marijay’ from this ‘tobacco cigarettes’  one. I feel like they’re totally different experiences, and totally different ***** altogether.

And you can guys let me know what you all think, and then I’ll make the new thread… Should we group substances by:

A —the method of use (things you smoke vs. things you vape, drink, etc.);
—the effects (stimulants vs. depressants); or
C —the actual drug (the nicotine stuff vs. alcohols, cokes, caffeines, etc.) 

Idk, lumping two different types of “smoking” together would be kinda like throwing crack into this 😆😝 Or the same as trying to discuss Breakfast cereal in the same conversation as Ramen noodle soup… just because they’re both “bowl & spoon” kinda foods lol idk

also sorry…I forgot how to make polls so idk wtf I’m doing right now xD

5 hours ago, Kitsunebliss said:

I was an alcoholic and depressed. A lot of horrible things happened to the people I loved around me. Really really bad things, from 1st degree ******,  dismemberment,  to *******. I joined the Army to escape that Hades. I lasted most of my 1st contract befor getting out on similar grounds as Onision. An outburst, I was tried of feeling like a robot slave, and the toxicity was suffocating. "Perception is reality " **** you, Sarge. That's like syaing "it's cool to judge a book by its cover" . God I hated the military !!! 

This was amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. It’s so profound that I think this a whole other discussion. Maybe I could start a separate topic for ‘marijay’ from this ‘tobacco cigarettes’  one. I feel like they’re totally different experiences, and totally different ***** altogether.

And you can guys let me know what you all think, and then I’ll make the new thread… Should we group substances by:

A —the method of use (things you smoke vs. things you vape, drink, etc.);
—the effects (stimulants vs. depressants); or
C —the actual drug (the nicotine stuff vs. alcohols, cokes, caffeines, etc.)
D —no grouping, just Topic each drug separately (idk if it’s worth it based on demand for this topic in general here..but let me know)

Idk, lumping two different types of “smoking” together would be kinda like throwing crack into this 😆😝 Or the same as trying to discuss Breakfast cereal in the same conversation as Ramen noodle soup… just because they’re both “bowl & spoon” kinda foods lol idk

also sorry…I forgot how to make polls so idk wtf I’m doing right now xD

• 2 weeks later...

Pack a day buuuuuuuuuuddy 

also that wacky tobaccy, tho not a lot, makes me too anxious 

Edited by Bellamy
Accidentally posted before I was done typing

I smoke ciggarettes and have since I was 16 so almost 20 yrs I don't chain smoke or smoke like a chimney and my voice is still as ***y and sultry as ever...hasnt made me age either mothers day smoking GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I used to smoke cigarettes. I picked up the habit pretty young. I smoked for years but eventually switched to vaping. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to give up the oral fixation associated with smoking and now vaping, although I do hope to one day.

• Elites

Hmm. 

When I first smoke weed, it was illegal, and it was my first hit and I knew it was wrong, so I waited until I was at least 18 and until it was legal because I knew Canada was working on making it legal. 

So when that all happened, by the time I was 18, and I graduated, I didn't want to smoke weed yet but I tried a cigarette for the first time and didn't like it. 

After waiting a year, I finally started smoking weed, and got very addicted. Smoked it too much, to a point that I caught a cold during summer-through winter- and my throat closed one night. I was admitted to the hospital and found out I had asthma. 

When I went home after the three days of being treated for my asthma, I stuck with edibles for a few months, until my lungs were better. I still smoke, but a lot less, much less. I really don't see myself smoking in the future, and I don't recommend anyone smoking weed at a young age. It really isn't good for your developing brain, believe me 🥺 even though I'm aware of this, it's already too late, I've been smoking for too long, but been reducing it slowly so I'm hoping to quit one day.