What The Heck Is Going On??? (COVID)

Haiku

8 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Dunno, but the Omicron variant is not much worse than having a cold.

It's actually good covid got to omicron variant. I've read it's also in the advantage of viruses to keep the host alive.

Biology and evolution is very complicated.

Well, there are still people d***g from it. Also, the numbers are higher than what they report because not everyone gets tested.

I looked at the numbers for my own county and the number of new deaths for today is 58.

• Star 1

37 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Well, there are still people d***g from it. Also, the numbers are higher than what they report because not everyone gets tested.

I looked at the numbers for my own county and the number of new deaths for today is 58.

But those people were already very old, or already had serious health problems. Or do you know of many young, healthy people d***g because of it?

Don't want to be cynical, but when someone is already very old or sick and is gonna d*e anyway...

7 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

But those people were already very old, or already had serious health problems. Or do you know of many young, healthy people d***g because of it?

Don't want to be cynical, but when someone is already very old or sick and is gonna d*e anyway...

I don’t know of many young people that have. But someone we know has a brother that died of it in their early 30s. By the way, as for older people and people with serious health problems.. their lives still matter. The fact that most of them are old or have serious health problems is irrelevant to me. Are you saying we shouldn’t care if they d*e from COVID because they’re going to d*e anyway? So just f*** them and their lives?

7 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I don’t know of many young people that have. But someone we know has a brother that died of it in their early 30s. By the way, as for older people and people with serious health problems.. their lives still matter. The fact that most of them are old or have serious health problems is irrelevant to me. Are you saying we shouldn’t care if they d*e from COVID because they’re going to d*e anyway? So just f*** them and their lives?

Of course you have a point, don't want to say their lives don't matter. It's just that people d*e all the time, from many different causes. That's just how it goes, we will all d*e.

13 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I hope not. Then again it wouldn't be very surprising considering a lot of people are still unvaccinated.

A lot of vaccinated people are getting this variant too. My neighbor is fully vaxxed with a booster shot and he got it after Christmas. He wasn’t hospitalized or anything though, probably because he had all his shots, which doesn’t fully protect you from getting it, but protects you from the severity that it could be if you aren’t.

3 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Of course you have a point, don't want to say their lives don't matter. It's just that people d*e all the time, from many different causes. That's just how it goes, we will all d*e.

I still don’t think we should ignore COVID and give up on fighting it because of that. We don’t need more possible causes of death than we already have.

• Star 1

• Mod
10 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

A lot of vaccinated people are getting this variant too. My neighbor is fully vaxxed with a booster shot and he got it after Christmas. He wasn’t hospitalized or anything though, probably because he had all his shots, which doesn’t fully protect you from getting it, but protects you from the severity that it could be if you aren’t.

Yeah I know fully vaccinated people can still get it, but being vaccinated is supposed to slow it down. There seems to be a lot of variants coming out though so I'm sure that has something to do with it, especially when there are still unvaccinated people out there.

• Star 1

7 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

People who aren't very old or sick won't d*e from it.

That's the last thing I'll say about it.

How do you know for certain that’s true? I already said I know someone in their early 30s that died from it. I know of no serious illness that he had. He even worked out at the gym all the time. It might be rare, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

It's weird how many people out there literally defend COVID.

COVID has ki**ed millions of people.

Imagine switching the word "COVID" with the word "HITLER"

"Mostly only old people d*e from HITLER guys, come on."

Absolute madness.

• Star 3

• Mod
26 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Absolute madness.

I know right? Millions of people d***g from it should be enough to know how serious this is.

• Star 1

48 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

How do you know for certain that’s true? I already said I know someone in their early 30s that died from it. I know of no serious illness that he had. He even worked out at the gym all the time. It might be rare, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

Sorry, it's just that I haven't seen much people around me who had much problems with covid.. but I've noticed you around here, and think you're honest.

43 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Absolute madness.

You have a point, when it comes to old people at least. I've only known one person who had covid, she was 31 years old and recovered in less than a week.

Of course I don't like old people d***g from it. But people d*e all the time. Much more people d*e in traffic for example. Should be ban cars because many people d*e in traffic?

1 hour ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Sorry, it's just that I haven't seen much people around me who had much problems with covid.. but I've noticed you around here, and think you're honest.

Well, maybe it’s because we live in a different country and where I’m from has dealt with more COVID cases than your’s? I also kind of have a big family compared to some people and know of a lot people, so I hear things about people. Just in my state alone there’s like 40 million people. 

You have a point, when it comes to old people at least. I've only known one person who had covid, she was 31 years old and recovered in less than a week.

Of course I don't like old people d***g from it. But people d*e all the time. Much more people d*e in traffic for example. Should be ban cars because many people d*e in traffic?

COVID was the third leading cause of death in 2020.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/22/health/2020-death-data-cdc/index.html

That’s for the US, I know. But it kind of goes back to my point that maybe the US has had a bigger problem with COVID than Belgium (which I think you said is where you’re from).

13 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Well, maybe it’s because we live in a different country and where I’m from has dealt with more COVID cases than your’s? I also kind of have a big family compared to some people and know of a lot people, so I hear things about people. Just in my state alone there’s like 40 million people. 

COVID was the third leading cause of death in 2020.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/22/health/2020-death-data-cdc/index.html

That’s for the US, I know. But it kind of goes back to my point that maybe the US has had a bigger problem with COVID than Belgium (which I think you said is where you’re from).

Yes, it was worse in the US than in most European countries.

But was more specifically talking about the omicron variant, the previous ones were more dangerous for especially old and sick people.

Of course I dind't mean to defend covid (well, that's an odd thing to say) but serious restrictions don't help much. In Holland they have a lockdown now and people are pretty upset about that, there already have been serious protests and riots. One time it got so bad the police even used real bullets, I don't think that ever happened before in Holland.

Yes, it was worse in the US than in most European countries.

But was more specifically talking about the omicron variant, the previous ones were more dangerous for especially old and sick people.

Of course I dind't mean to defend covid (well, that's an odd thing to say) but serious restrictions don't help much. In Holland they have a lockdown now and people are pretty upset about that, there already have been serious protests and riots. One time it got so bad the police even used real bullets, I don't think that ever happened before in Holland.

Are you vaccinated? Are you also against wearing a mask? Just curious. I’m not saying I’m pro-lockdown, but I’m wondering how you feel about the vaccines and wearing a mask. You might be right about Omicron, but again, while the other variants may have mostly ki**ed old people and people with underlying illnesses, again, the young seemingly healthy person I mentioned before died from the Delta variant.

1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

Are you vaccinated? Are you also against wearing a mask? Just curious. I’m not saying I’m pro-lockdown, but I’m wondering how you feel about the vaccines and wearing a mask. You might be right about Omicron, but again, while the other variants may have mostly ki**ed old people and people with underlying illnesses, again, the young seemingly healthy person I mentioned before died from the Delta variant.

Yep, I'm vaccinated, tomorrow I'm gonna get a booster, so already had 2. Also don't have a problem with masks, we have to wear masks in shops and public transport, that's reasonable.

So as long as there doesn't come another lockdown I'm fine with less severe restrictions.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, summerlusk said:

I still don’t think we should ignore COVID and give up on fighting it because of that. We don’t need more possible causes of death than we already have.

We already lost the fight because masks failed from people cross contaminating in public, a lot of people don't wash their hands, the lockdown failed because no one abided by it & did huge group gatherings like going to church on Sundays.

People are refusing to vaccinate and are making excuses..... so that's a fail as vaccinations don't work if you don't take them. Even worse, infected people didn't stay indoors. They went out, as in they went to work, and did what they wanted knowing they had it and spread it anyway. 

So really, the best thing that we members of this forum can do is to wait for it to burn out and stay vaccinated. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

We already lost the fight because masks failed from people cross contaminating in public, a lot of people don't wash their hands, the lockdown failed because no one abided by it & did huge group gatherings like going to church on Sundays.

People are refusing to vaccinate and are making excuses..... so that's a fail as vaccinations don't work if you don't take them. Even worse, infected people didn't stay indoors. They went out, as in they went to work, and did what they wanted knowing they had it and spread it anyway. 

So really, the best thing that we members of this forum can do is to wait for it to burn out and stay vaccinated. 

Yeah, well.. the only way to control that is for the government to get involved, unfortunately. I’m not saying I’m for that, just that unless they do.. people are going to do what they want. Businesses and workplaces can set their own rules too. Certain cities in California have their own rules, like vaccine mandates to enter places like restaurants. For schools, the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified school district), they are requiring students to show a negative COVID test to go back to school. There were/are also different mandates depending on where you go (what state you live in, for example). They tend to be less strict in red states with Republican governors, etc.

• Star 1

Two words... Urine Therapy.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:38 AM, Haiku said:

Absolute madness.

Probably shouldn't take this personally, but it still annoys me a bit, so want to get it off my chest.

Just posted some videos of the great Bill Hicks, sure didn't meant to defend covid.

My dad would have a much bigger chance to survive his c*ncer if people wouldn't have gotten hysterical about covid.

He had to wait to get examined because the hospitals were already full because of covid.

So his tumor kept growning longer than it should have. He could barely sleep because he had to go to toilet about every half hour. And still they couldn't make time for him.

So that's why I can be kinda cynical about covid, because my dad died from c*ncer because they gave priority to covid patients.

Of course you didn't know this, so definitely not upset with you.

2 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Two words... Urine Therapy.

Probably shouldn't take this personally, but it still annoys me a bit, so want to get it off my chest.

Just posted some videos of the great Bill Hicks, sure didn't meant to defend covid.

My dad would have a much bigger chance to survive his c*ncer if people wouldn't have gotten hysterical about covid.

He had to wait to get examined because the hospitals were already full because of covid.

So his tumor kept growning longer than it should have. He could barely sleep because he had to go to toilet about every half hour. And still they couldn't make time for him.

So that's why I can be kinda cynical about covid, because my dad died from c*ncer because they gave priority to covid patients.

Of course you didn't know this, so definitely not upset with you.

When was he diagnosed with c*ncer? I’m sorry about your loss.