My ex wife is being a problem.

Hitchens

So, she's not happy that our daughter came out as bi-se*ual and is agnostic. She's upset that our daughter doesn't share her Christian views. She's even criticized me for the 100th time since I've known her for being an Atheist and has cast her silly superstitious beliefs of h*ell and that both our son and our daughter needs to be saved. 🙄

She said she'd "pray" for them. I love how she thinks magical thinking is going to solve all of her problems. Seeing as it never has. Well, prayers are wishing to an imaginary deity. You know what they say. "Prayers are like wishes, they never come true" & "Wish in one hand and sh*it in the other, see which one fills up faster"

I'm really sick of her and her mom trying to indoctrinate and proselytize the k*ids with their bullsh*it  superstitious views. Christianity just causes more problems than it solves, them being part of the problem. If it were real and was truly infallible with volumes of real, objective, demonstrative, and empirical evidence suggesting that a skyfather or skyfather's created the universe and mankind. I'd be a devout follower. But no. There's no evidence suggesting that a skyfather "magically" created the universe and everything within (God of Gaps) 

I think religion is mentally and emotionally a*busive to ch*ildren and stunts their development. We don't live in the dark ages anymore. So I'm going to protect my ch*ildren from it as long as I can. I will allow them to freely practice it if they want. But I will not tolerate anyone shoving it down their throat like my mother did to me. THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE. 

I strongly believe in "freedom from religion" & I think people should have the freedom to find what's best for them and not have someone come along and force their dark age superstitions of god's and magic onto others. It's just really unacceptable to do that to people. If your religion isn't compelling enough for other people to want anything to do with it & the followers of that religion feel they have to make people convert to Christianity or Islam, then there is something severely wrong with that religion if you have to force your own family members into it when they're toddlers. 

Most Christians have a dirty habit of force converting people. Especially believing that ch*ildren need to know about the existence of a imaginary guy in the sky that according to the Bible has committed countless acts of genocide and torture as well as validating slavery, misogyny, h*mophobia, and m**der in his name. Love him or burn forever. 

Yea......I don't want my daughter being part of a religion that degrades women. F*uck that sh*it. I will not allow it. 

• Mod

As a Christan myself, I can't stand the type of Christians who tell people they're going to h**l and try to force their beliefs on them. I also don't like the kind that are hateful towards people who are part of the LGBTQ community, especially being that way towards their own ch*ldren who come out. I don't agree with the rest of the stuff you said lol, but I hope someday she'll learn to be more accepting and not force her beliefs anymore because that's what pushes people away. Sounds like she needs to be more understanding.

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

As a Christan myself, I can't stand the type of Christians who tell people they're going to h**l and try to force their beliefs on them. I also don't like the kind that are hateful towards people who are part of the LGBTQ community, especially being that way towards their own ch*ldren who come out. I don't agree with the rest of the stuff you said lol, but I hope someday she'll learn to be more accepting and not force her beliefs anymore because that's what pushes people away. Sounds like she needs to be more understanding.

After everything she's done and the wrongs she's committed to me, her k*ids, and her own family. She doesn't have any room to tell everyone how to live their life let alone what religion they should take up. She lost that right.  She ruined her own life. Now she lives out of a hotel with a loser who enables her to keep a*busing i*llegal substances. 

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 1

4 hours ago, Hitchens said:

So, she's not happy that our daughter came out as bi-se*ual and is agnostic. She's upset that our daughter doesn't share her Christian views. She's even criticized me for the 100th time since I've known her for being an Atheist and has cast her silly superstitious beliefs of h*ell and that both our son and our daughter needs to be saved. 🙄

She said she'd "pray" for them. I love how she thinks magical thinking is going to solve all of her problems. Seeing as it never has. Well, prayers are wishing to an imaginary deity. You know what they say. "Prayers are like wishes, they never come true" & "Wish in one hand and sh*it in the other, see which one fills up faster"

I'm really sick of her and her mom trying to indoctrinate and proselytize the k*ids with their bullsh*it  superstitious views. Christianity just causes more problems than it solves, them being part of the problem. If it were real and was truly infallible with volumes of real, objective, demonstrative, and empirical evidence suggesting that a skyfather or skyfather's created the universe and mankind. I'd be a devout follower. But no. There's no evidence suggesting that a skyfather "magically" created the universe and everything within (God of Gaps) 

I think religion is mentally and emotionally a*busive to ch*ildren and stunts their development. We don't live in the dark ages anymore. So I'm going to protect my ch*ildren from it as long as I can. I will allow them to freely practice it if they want. But I will not tolerate anyone shoving it down their throat like my mother did to me. THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE. 

I strongly believe in "freedom from religion" & I think people should have the freedom to find what's best for them and not have someone come along and force their dark age superstitions of god's and magic onto others. It's just really unacceptable to do that to people. If your religion isn't compelling enough for other people to want anything to do with it & the followers of that religion feel they have to make people convert to Christianity or Islam, then there is something severely wrong with that religion if you have to force your own family members into it when they're toddlers. 

Most Christians have a dirty habit of force converting people. Especially believing that ch*ildren need to know about the existence of a imaginary guy in the sky that according to the Bible has committed countless acts of genocide and torture as well as validating slavery, misogyny, h*mophobia, and m**der in his name. Love him or burn forever. 

Yea......I don't want my daughter being part of a religion that degrades women. F*uck that sh*it. I will not allow it. 

My sister’s boyfriend is also an atheist. He never brings it up though. He’s usually really quiet (not always), but no one in my family even knows he’s an atheist except me and my mom. He’s never talked about it or mentioned it around my family. The only reason my mom knows is because my sister told her a long time ago and honestly I think she forgot about it. My sister says she doesn’t identify as an atheist. When she told my mom about it she said “he doesn’t seem like that” because she likes him and thinks he’s a nice guy, as if you can’t be that and be an be an atheist and said lowly to my sister, almost whispering “don’t tell anybody about that, okay” and my sister said it’s not a big deal. She’s repeatedly has said he’s an atheist, but not a “militant atheist” (whatever she means by that, I’m not sure).

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about what your ex thinks about her being bise*ual and agnostic (which isn’t even atheist) unless she’s forcing or trying to force religion on her. 

1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

After everything she's done and the wrongs she's committed to me, her k*ids, and her own family. She doesn't have any room to tell everyone how to live their life let alone what religion they should take up. She lost that right.  She ruined her own life. Now she lives out of a hotel with a loser who enables her to keep a*busing i*llegal substances. 

She’s homeless?

Edited by summerlusk

32 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

“militant atheist” (whatever she means by that, I’m not sure).

She's referring to a communist party in Russia that promoted Atheism. The Union of the Godless (Сою́з Безбо́жников, tr. Soyúz Bezbózhnikov)

I'm not surprised seeing as it came from someone whom is a Christian. They really enjoy their religious insults and steriotypes. From her I'm interpreting it this way:

“Militant Atheist” an evil, unGodly person bound for h**l who dares question whether they should follow my religion’s rules.

Not only is she slamming Atheism, she's throwing it in with Communism. That's spreading disinformation. 

image.png.2ba9fa8eaeed70c4a20de0440a3a266e.png

Furthermore about your sister's boyfriend, It would also mean that he's not opposed to religion like some Atheists are. Christopher Hitchens & Madalyn Murray O'Hair were famous Atheists who opposed religion. It's most likely he probably doesn't care to think about it as there are some atheists like that. Some don't like to talk about it at all & dismiss it completely. 

32 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

She’s homeless?

Pretty much. She's been out on the streets for a while and refused help from her mother and other family members. But begged me to take her back in and I said no. 

38 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about what your ex thinks about her being bise*ual and agnostic (which isn’t even atheist) unless she’s forcing or trying to force religion on her. 

She has been. It's not working though. My daughter doesn't even understand her own beliefs yet. I think it's going to take her awhile to learn about things before she can make an educated choice. Most people just take Christianity because their family "claims" it's the "truth" and they must believe in it. So what does the ch*ld do? They do what their parents want them to do because they don't know any better. A ch*ld is not able to make a choice for themselves freely when their parents indoctrinate them into their religion whether that's Christianity or Islam.  

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 1

37 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Pretty much. She's been out on the streets for a while and refused help from her mother and other family members. But begged me to take her back in and I said no.

So her family said they would take her back in, but she refused? Or just help her? Either way, that’s a really tough situation if her family is aware of her abusing d***s.

50 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

So her family said they would take her back in, but she refused? Or just help her? Either way, that’s a really tough situation if her family is aware of her abusing d***s.

She confessed. But told me it was a one time thing. I didn't know she'd become a*ddicted.

Her family tried to help her but failed because she's out of control. Her behaviorial problems with their rules, lack of honesty, not respecting boundaries, lying, talking to her d*rug dealing boyfriend, and not seeking help for her mental issues and staying in rehab were major factors as of why they threw in the towel.

There was little want and motivation on her end to do better. She won't even get clean and straighten up for her own k*ids. 

Edited by Hitchens

• Elites

No hate like Christian love as they say! As much as I am accepting of people believing whatever they wish, it can be difficult to merge cohesive lives with drastically opposing world views. People are gonna do/ say as they wish.. at this point it seems the best u can do is protect urself and ur loved ones the best way possible within this situation and hope for the best