To people who suffer from depressions

Still have some dark moments now and then, but the worst is behind me, had about 3 decades to learn how to deal with it better. 

People who never had a serious depression can't understand. If you're going through it, I know and respect the battle you're going through.

Staying alive in h**l is an acomplishment by itself.

That's why the band Paradise Lost is still my favorite band, since a teenager their lyrics made me feel like I wasn't the only one going through this. Lyrics like "Please God, help me d*e" may sound way too overdramatic to people who haven't gone through this..

Hang on, don't lose hope there will come better days.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Lyrics like "Please God, help me d*e" may sound way too overdramatic to people who haven't gone through this..

We are amazing creatures and can accomplish most anything we like... we just forget that sometimes. You too, can do most anything, you have the power, you are a god of the Earth as you are one of the most advanced creatures that walk it.

• Star 1

8 minutes ago, Haiku said:

We are amazing creatures and can accomplish most anything we like... we just forget that sometimes. You too, can do most anything, you have the power, you are a god of the Earth as you are one of the most advanced creatures that walk it.

It's true that human beings are special creatures, we're the only animal that can wonder about the universe, psychology, philosophy, etc. I sure love cats and dogs for example but when it comes to being conscious we're obviously on a higher level. Of course this doesn't include sociopaths, but don't consider them to be human.

It is weird I could find some comfort in Paradise Lost because most of their lyrics are pretty depressing, but kinda saw Nick (the vocalist who writes the lyrics) as a brother who understood me.

They're a pretty unique band... 

Excuse me for the dark stuff.

Here's something more positive... 

• Elites
Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Still have some dark moments now and then, but the worst is behind me, had about 3 decades to learn how to deal with it better. 

People who never had a serious depression can't understand. If you're going through it, I know and respect the battle you're going through.

That's why the band Paradise Lost is still my favorite band, since a teenager their lyrics made me feel like I wasn't the only one going through this. Lyrics like "Please God, help me d*e" may sound way too overdramatic to people who haven't gone through this..

Dunno the song but Nuclear Blast is one of my favorite labels !!! They have some damn good artists! 

I am really into Auri right now!!

Edited by Kitsunebliss
  • Star 1

20 hours ago, Kitsunebliss said:

Dunno the song but Nuclear Blast is one of my favorite labels !!! They have some damn good artists! 

I am really into Auri right now!!

She has a very nice voice. Nuclear Blast has some good bands, like Cradle of Filth, Epica, Nile, Slayer..

• Heart 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Totally agree about people who haven’t been through it not understanding. I’ve had depression most of my life, but a few years ago I started suffering from crippling depression. My k***s are my world and when my oldest son and his now wife moved out to have their own place I just wasn’t ready. I know that k***s grow up and become independent and all that but I was not prepared and I went to a dark place. 
 For years I struggled daily. I could hardly get out of bed the depression got so bad and I didn’t do it on purpose, I didn’t plan on it happening but my mom and family have never understood. They think I’m being a wuss and just playing it up. I’m thinking why would I do that!? It’s not like it was getting me sympathy or attention or anything. I hate feeling depressed and I hate how absolutely hopeless I felt. I take antidepressants and they help a little. It just makes things ten times worse when you are surrounded by people who think you should just snap out of it and just power through. I would if I could. 

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Saraglittermepink said:

Totally agree about people who haven’t been through it not understanding. I’ve had depression most of my life, but a few years ago I started suffering from crippling depression. My k***s are my world and when my oldest son and his now wife moved out to have their own place I just wasn’t ready. I know that k***s grow up and become independent and all that but I was not prepared and I went to a dark place. 
 For years I struggled daily. I could hardly get out of bed the depression got so bad and I didn’t do it on purpose, I didn’t plan on it happening but my mom and family have never understood. They think I’m being a wuss and just playing it up. I’m thinking why would I do that!? It’s not like it was getting me sympathy or attention or anything. I hate feeling depressed and I hate how absolutely hopeless I felt. I take antidepressants and they help a little. It just makes things ten times worse when you are surrounded by people who think you should just snap out of it and just power through. I would if I could. 

Doubt if this will help you, but what helps me is to think a human life is extremely short compared to the existence of the universe.

And science as we know it is also very recent. I don't believe in any religion but think there's a good chance death won't be the end.