Birthday wishes

If you don’t post on social media (IG, Facebook..) on a close friend or family member’s birthday, even though you are going to see them, celebrate with them, and even got them a gift, is that a big deal? Or if you just call or text them instead? I say no. Unless the person didn’t acknowledge your birthday otherwise, like with a phone call or a text, etc.

• Star 2

• Mod

No it's not a big deal. If I haven't seen someone in a long time or if they're an online friend, I'll always tell them happy birthday. If I'm going to see someone on their birthday, I'll still text them happy birthday. There are people I haven't seen in a long time who still don't wish me a happy birthday and I'm just like whatever. I'll still tell them happy birthday though because I'm nice like that lol.

• Star 3

1 minute ago, Kaitlind said:

No it's not a big deal. If I haven't seen someone in a long time or if they're an online friend, I'll always tell them happy birthday. If I'm going to see someone on their birthday, I'll still text them happy birthday. There are people I haven't seen in a long time who still don't wish me a happy birthday and I'm just like whatever. I'll still tell them happy birthday because I'm nice like that lol.

Yeah, but I’m talking about when it’s someone close and you do wish them a happy birthday, but not on Facebook.. say like you don’t make a birthday post for your mom, but you’re going to see her anyway. I don’t post on Facebook anymore and I don’t think I need to make a post for someone’s birthday if I don’t even use it otherwise, unless it’s like the only way I can wish them a happy birthday, I guess. Same goes for Instagram, which I also don’t use anymore. If I’m not going to see them that day, I just call or text.

• Star 1

• Mod
18 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Yeah, but I’m talking about when it’s someone close and you do wish them a happy birthday, but not on Facebook.. say like you don’t make a birthday post for your mom, but you’re going to see her anyway. I don’t post on Facebook anymore and I don’t think I need to make a post for someone’s birthday if I don’t even use it otherwise, unless it’s like the only way I can wish them a happy birthday, I guess. Same goes for Instagram, which I also don’t use anymore. If I’m not going to see them that day, I just call or text.

Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if you tell someone happy birthday on social media or not if you're going to text/call them or see them in person. Actually, making a birthday post on those sites in general doesn't matter and shouldn't be a big deal if someone doesn't lol. I think I've seen people make posts on Facebook wishing someone a happy birthday and the person didn't even have a Facebook. What's the point in that? 😆

• Star 2

• Elites

If I can chime in here, it really should not matter how you say Happy Birthday as long as you said it. What does it matter if it is just between you and the person or if it is seen on line. That doesn't make sense. Wishing someone Happy Birthday is just a reminder to that person that you cared enough to remember in my opinion.

• Star 2

• Mod
1 hour ago, Bruja626 said:

If I can chime in here, it really should not matter how you say Happy Birthday as long as you said it. What does it matter if it is just between you and the person or if it is seen on line. That doesn't make sense. Wishing someone Happy Birthday is just a reminder to that person that you cared enough to remember in my opinion.

I agree!

• Star 2

17 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

You’d be surprised what some people get upset about.

• Star 1

19 hours ago, summerlusk said:

I personally don’t believe you have to post it on social media, especially if you are going to see them in person or talk to them on the phone. I think that as a society we probably put too much emphasis on posting every little life detail online. Yes it’s nice to see a bunch of happy birthdays and well wishes but you know 95 percent of those happened only because that person saw the Facebook reminder that it was your birthday or they saw other comments wishing you a happy birthday and so they comment that as well.  Point being that the social media posts are nice but they don’t prove you love or care for someone over being with them in person or making a call or text. That last sentence didn’t make sense but hopefully you get what I’m trying to say lol

• Star 1

2 hours ago, summerlusk said:

I rarely ever bought my friends gifts and they treated me the same. I did wish them happy birthday on several occasions. I've never actually been a decent friend. 

• Elites
2 hours ago, summerlusk said:

summerlusk, its not even shocking anymore...lol sometimes I wonder if the expectation of anger is the new norm. Too many are spoiled and appreciation for the thought is a d***g art. This is why I only have three friends I devote any time to. The rest have fallen through the sieve of their own BS. 

5 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

I've never actually been a decent friend. 

Hitchens, I find that hard to believe, but I don't know you as well as you know yourself, but we are our worst critics. 

• Star 1