Are You tox*c?

Haiku

tox*c (in this context) means you're trying to start a problem or add to a problem...

So do you ever just, start a post, that is a clear problem? Do you ever reply to something aggressively or pass aggressively?

Have you ever caught yourself being tox*c?

You may find, if you distance yourself from starting or adding to problems, and instead either ignore the subject entirely or try to instead say something positive - you'll find yourself better off in a big way. Maybe.

Do you know anyone who just wants to cause problems all the time? What are they like? Why are they in your life?

I think everyone has their own tox*c traits for sure. I tend to react instead of slowing down to respond like an adult. My emotions used to control my communication skills a lot! But recognizing those traits is a good start 🙂

3 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I don't think I'm tox*c. I never cause problems on purpose and I don't want to be a bother to anyone.

Yep, you seem pretty cool overall.

4 hours ago, Brandi said:

I think everyone has their own tox*c traits for sure. I tend to react instead of slowing down to respond like an adult. My emotions used to control my communication skills a lot! But recognizing those traits is a good start 🙂

Someone I know was watching a reality show recently... amazing how weird people get.

Just how a lot of humans are.

• Heart 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, Kaitlind said:

I don't think I'm tox*c. I never cause problems on purpose and I don't want to be a bother to anyone.

I'm guilty. I've been tox*c in the past. I've done things that p*iss people off. I've lied and did petty theft. I've betrayed friends when it was convenient for me. I treated my ex wife like sh*it instead of being the bigger person. Yeah, I'm guilty of having been a narcissist. I admit it. I'm not proud of it. I've spent a lot of time meditating and reflecting on how I can do better and what I could have done differently. 

I'm not doing those things now. They got me into a lot of trouble and caused me problems. I'm done with all of that c*hildish garbage. 

Edited by Hitchens

• Mod
1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

I'm guilty. I've been tox*c in the past. I've done things that p*iss people off. I've lied and did petty theft. I've betrayed friends when it was convenient for me. I treated my ex wife like sh*it instead of being the bigger person. Yeah, I'm guilty of having been a narcissist. I admit it. I'm not proud of it. I've spent a lot of time meditating and reflecting on how I can do better and what I could have done differently. 

I'm not doing those things now. They got me into a lot of trouble and caused me problems. I'm done with all of that c*hildish garbage. 

At least you're trying to be a better person now.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, Hitchens said:

When it comes to lying, I’m pretty sure we’ve all lied before. If someone has never even told at least one white lie their life, well I’m impressed.. 

• Elites

Just requires one word: Yes. 

In some form, we can all be tox*c. 
It really all depends on if you can reflect on this and recognize it and make efforts to change. 

Too many times, while I was using, 5 or so years back, I couldn’t have been more tox*c to be around. It makes me cringe to look back. But I have to, because it prevents me from ever going back there. 

• Star 1

1 hour ago, bones said:

Just requires one word: Yes. 

In some form, we can all be tox*c. 
It really all depends on if you can reflect on this and recognize it and make efforts to change. 

Too many times, while I was using, 5 or so years back, I couldn’t have been more tox*c to be around. It makes me cringe to look back. But I have to, because it prevents me from ever going back there. 

The psychologist Carl Jung put a lot of importance on realizing and integrating the shadow. People who claim they're never tox*c probably lack self-awareness.