When do you take your lights, Christmas tree, etc. down?

Don't put them up, so don't have to take them down.

I don't mind people being engaged in festivities that are based on traditional nonsense, but don't feel like wasting my time with that.

So that's just one reason why I never want to have ch*ldren, call me a difficult person but just couldn't lie to them about santa for example. Couldn't help but spoiling it for them by saying "listen.. I know other parents tell their k***s ridiculous things, but sorry.. santa isn't real".  lol

On 1/5/2022 at 2:53 PM, Hitchens said:

I left mine up until March of 2021. It was in the dining room, which I don't use much. My girlfriend took it down and said that it had been up long enough. 

A man who doesn't mind the world being colorful and full of magic.

16 minutes ago, Haiku said:

A man who doesn't mind the world being colorful and full of magic.

I do like the colors of the lights people hang out at their houses or appartments. Over the past weeks I was checking those out while taking walks and was thinking those with different mixed colors looked better than those that only had white. But then I thought "hmm, the white ones actually have their place too". Different people putting up their own decoration and it somehow fitted together as a whole. (no, I wasn't on d***s, just like to do some magical thinking when I'm sober too)

But not really a big fan of Christmas because it doesn't really mean much if you don't believe Jesus was the son of God. Would prefer to make our towns shine with nice colors and such for something that has more real historical value.