Is anyone out there into classic games?

Bruja626

• Elites
Posted (edited)

I made a Raspberry Pie classic gaming system for my son and we played some games together. He loved it. Are there any classic games you guys have played that you liked when you were younger? 

Edited by Bruja626
Past topic idea appeared.
  • Heart 1

14 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I don't play games that much anymore but when I was younger, I liked to play Super Mario World and Mortal Kombat. I would love to play them again though.

The Mortal Kombat games are pretty cool (especially the fat*lities), problem is I wasn't good at it because I didn't have the patience to learn those different combinations.

Used to play the first and second Mario on the first Nintendo console, but also wasn't that good at those, my main problem was that I kept falling into pits, for some reason I'm bad when it comes to jumping over pits.

I was pretty good at the first Mario Kart though. And also loved the game "Bully" from Playstation 2.

• Star 2

• Elites

I like playing Contra, Metroid, and Legend of Zelda the most. All the Mario games are great too, but, man I could play LOZ for hours on end. My son has been playing Mike Tyson's Punch out. I challenged him on Millepede. He really likes it. LOL he said the graphics s*ck but other than that he really enjoys playing the games. I do too and playing with him is so much fun. LOL we give each other s***t real bad but I love every minute. I like to see how fast he is with comebacks and he has a pretty funny sense of humor LOL. The nostalgia is awesome too. Remembering cheat codes and save codes. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

16 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

I like playing Contra, Metroid, and Legend of Zelda the most. All the Mario games are great too, but, man I could play LOZ for hours on end. My son has been playing Mike Tyson's Punch out. I challenged him on Millepede. He really likes it. LOL he said the graphics s*ck but other than that he really enjoys playing the games. I do too and playing with him is so much fun. LOL we give each other s***t real bad but I love every minute. I like to see how fast he is with comebacks and he has a pretty funny sense of humor LOL. The nostalgia is awesome too. Remembering cheat codes and save codes. 

I liked Mike Tyson's Punch out, could get to the final battle against Tyson but always lost against him.

Other classic games I liked a lot were Shinobi and Double Dragon, could play those out, but they weren't that difficult.

• Star 1

• Elites
8 hours ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

I liked Mike Tyson's Punch out, could get to the final battle against Tyson but always lost against him.

Other classic games I liked a lot were Shinobi and Double Dragon, could play those out, but they weren't that difficult.

Same with my son Danny. He gets to Mike but can't win, I think there is a special combo move that has to be done to beat him i will have to google that and find out. My brother loved Shinobi and Double Dragon. He would play those at the arcade all the time when we went to the beach. 

5 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Well, when you say classic, I think of like Pac-Man, Tetris, Donkey Kong, etc. I used to play all of those on my Game Boy back in the day. 😋

Oh summerlusk, you are so right. Those were always so addicting. I remember getting to the really high and fast levels and then when I would have to start over again the slower levels seemed so easy and boring and then they made it so you can also control the speed on some of them when they came out with new cartridges for new systems. Man super fun times. I loved the Gameboy. It made the times my parents hung out with their friends so much more fun. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
1 hour ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Here's another cool video about it. 

See Danny, now you're just aiming to make me smile...direct hit. You're cool people. 

4 hours ago, Hitchens said:

I enjoyed Final Fantasy X. It's a 20 year old game. 

That's a good game too. I had friends who would be on that burning it for hours. 

• Star 1

4 minutes ago, Bruja626 said:

That's a good game too. I had friends who would be on that burning it for hours. 

I spent a year obsessed with it back when I first got it. I was 15. I put about 200 hours into it. I even got good at playing the Blitz Ball mini game. 

• Star 1

• Elites
On 1/6/2022 at 5:40 AM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Here's another game I used to play as a teenager. It's amazing how games evolved, young people probably think this looks silly.

OMG I forgot about ExciteBike!!!  Yeah my son calls them cheesy graphics lol. I said, well, when i was you this was the sh*t lol. 

1 hour ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

I never played Rampage, but I played Commando and Star Tropics. OMG and Whomp 'em

• Star 1

1 minute ago, Bruja626 said:

OMG I forgot about ExciteBike!!!  Yeah my son calls them cheesy graphics lol. I said, well, when i was you this was the sh*t lol. 

Yep, those games still have their charm. It's amazing how games evolved, modern games look more impressive visually but liked the simplicity of the 80's and 90's games.

• Elites
19 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Yep, those games still have their charm. It's amazing how games evolved, modern games look more impressive visually but liked the simplicity of the 80's and 90's games.

Same here. I have to say the only games of recent times I really enjoyed playing was COD Modern Warfare and Left for Dead 2.

• Star 1

17 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

Same here. I have to say the only games of recent times I really enjoyed playing was COD Modern Warfare and Left for Dead 2.

Those games are too modern for me. These days I'm more into watching videos on youtube about ancient history, the universe, etc.

This game was too short and had its limits but still remember it because it had very cool graphics for those days... 

He said ancient Rome, but that's not correct.. it's ancient Greece.

• Elites
On 1/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, Danny Van Hecke said:

Those games are too modern for me. These days I'm more into watching videos on youtube about ancient history, the universe, etc.

This game was too short and had its limits but still remember it because it had very cool graphics for those days... 

He said ancient Rome, but that's not correct.. it's ancient Greece.

Altered Beasts was my brother's favorite.