Have you ever been a waiter/waitress?

summerlusk

• Elites

I worked as a waitress in a nursing facility when I was younger. In the independent living section the meals were set up as if they residents were eating at a diner and can choose what they would like from that day's menu. I liked it, but the pay was awful. Would I ever be a waitress in today's climate? Heck to the No! People are way too touchy and ridiculous with their expectations. 

• Mod
12 minutes ago, Bruja626 said:

I worked as a waitress in a nursing facility when I was younger. In the independent living section the meals were set up as if they residents were eating at a diner and can choose what they would like from that day's menu. I liked it, but the pay was awful. Would I ever be a waitress in today's climate? Heck to the No! People are way too touchy and ridiculous with their expectations. 

I did that too. That's the only waitressing I've done and I was thinking of saying that but I didn't know if it counted haha

• Funny 1

On 12/31/2021 at 12:29 AM, Kaitlind said:

My first job was at Cici's Pizza but I was never a waitress. I don't want to ever be one either because it seems like a stressful job and I couldn't deal with rude customers all the time. 

I've dated women that hated waitressing and really depended on good tipping to get by because they were paid less hourly. I don't think that's fair. A lot of people where I live don't tip much. I try to tip 10 to 15 percent depending on what the meal cost and whether or not the waitress performed well.  

• Star 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

I've dated women that hated waitressing and really depended on good tipping to get by because they were paid less hourly. I don't think that's fair. A lot of people where I live don't tip much. I try to tip 10 to 15 percent depending on what the meal cost and whether or not the waitress performed well.  

Have you ever had a waiter so bad you didn’t tip them at all? When I went out to eat one time for my with family, the waiter did a bad job.. but he wasn’t rude or anything, he was still nice. I think maybe he was new or something, I don’t know. My sister’s boyfriend (whom used to be a waiter) said we shouldn’t tip him and he would learn from that. Maybe I’m too nice, because I didn’t want to do that. The only time I might think of doing that is if they were also rude on top of it. My mom taught me to always tip, not just at restaurants. One time I even tipped this lady at a nail salon that was rude to me. 

Edited by summerlusk

46 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Have you ever had a waiter so bad you didn’t tip them at all? When I went out to eat one time for my with family, the waiter did a bad job.. but he wasn’t rude or anything, he was still nice. I think maybe he was new or something, I don’t know. My sister’s boyfriend (whom used to be a waiter) said we shouldn’t tip him and he would learn from that. Maybe I’m too nice, because I didn’t want to do that. The only time I might think of doing that is if they were also rude on top of it. My mom taught me to always tip, not just at restaurants. One time I even tipped this lady at a nail salon that was rude to me. 

Yes. There's been times I've either tipped as much as a dollar or nothing at all for lame service. 

I worked at an Applebee's. I think it was 2.15 an hour, plus tips, while taking classes. Yeah. I needed those group tables on weekends badly. A portion of my tips would go to bartenders and hosts. Multiple plate balancing (and very hot ones, which I was told to "get used to it" but my mind was like ouch. They didn't want to help us with anything to carry under the very hot dishes. So we were all burned.)  I quit after they repeatedly clocked me out and told me to do silverware, or stock the bathrooms, even clean up stations off the clock. Shortly after leaving this place, several people above me were in trouble for h***ssment, and one for stealing money. The business remodeled and changed management. Anytime I go to a restaurant I clean up the best I can for servers, and leave an above average tip.

• Star 1