Nagging

summerlusk

I’m 40 years old and I love my mother. She has bent over backwards to help me and my ch*ldren and I am beyond grateful for everything she does for us. 
 Unfortunately, she does nag me a whole lot. I will call every day sometimes 20 or so times until I answer the phone and she’ll send texts that are paragraph after paragraph after paragraph multiple times a day. She nags me to death about everything I should be doing, everything I’m doing wrong, everything I’m not doing right or fast enough and everything about what my ch*ldren are doing:should or should not be doing. 
I know it comes from a place of wanting what is best for us and frustrated when she feels we are not living up to our potential. I have made many mistakes in my life and sometimes I feel like I deserve what she says. On the other hand the more she pesters me the less I want to do what she’s nagging me to do and I know that’s ch*ldish of me. 

14 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Is there anyone in your life that constantly nags you to do something or anyone that has done that to you in the past? 

My mom and my father's wife were nags. They used to jump all over my a'ss when I pissed them off. 

14 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Also, do you or have you ever nagged someone else to do something?

Guilty as charged. I used to nag my ex wife about stupid stuff a few years into our marriage. 

Honestly, I've found that nagging doesn't work. It just aggravates the person and makes them not want to be around you. I have to say. I do not nag my  girlfriend. When she wants to be alone or is doing something.  I leave her be.