let's talk about ~ heartbreak

Heartbreaks can be one of the toughest things in lives. We're kind of destined to at least experience it once or twice in our life. 

What was the most heartbreaking thing you've experienced?
Are you still affected by it? 
How did you let it go - and mend yourself? And how long did it take you?

spacer.png

I love this topic. 

My ex was an addict, and the habits and lies of an addict are hard to live with emotionally, and physically. I don't have a hatred towards those who are addicts, I don't know what its like to walk in their shoes. I've lost loved ones, and friends to it. I know what it's like to be romantically involved with one. I saved their life continously, stayed with them in hospitals... unfortunately I couldn't do it anymore. The questioning, stolen items, physical and emotional abuse, then when I found out I was being cheated on multiple times with different people, I was terrified for myself.. so I got tested. It was stressful, but I am lucky that my tests were clean.. and after 5 years I packed for good, all I could see was their texts saying "Bye, I'm a lot happier now with someone else". Then after awhile they begged me to come back again,  like so many other times. I didn't. I needed to heal, and stop worrying about "what if I'm not there to save them". It sounds selfish, I know. But I needed to save myself. 

It took me 5 years, about every year I was with them to put myself back together again. I decided to stop relationship hopping and date when I felt ready. I still have a flutter of pain (like I do with grieving the *****s of those I have lost), but I deal with it in healthy ways so it doesn't hurt any relationship I'm in or will be in. 

Never forget to take care of yourself, people. ❤

Pls don't judge me for this but when I was about 19 I became a fan of someone who was in a few popular cult movies in the early 2000s. I wanted to meet him, so I saved up to go to an event that he was at. It was my plan to meet him, have him write a quote from one of his movies on me so I could get it tatted, and that's it. Keep in mind this dude is 41 at the time. After he writes the quote he tells me he wants to see "pictures" of me. At first my naïve self didn't know what he was talking about and then once I realized, I told him i didnt have any (because i didnt). We went back to his hotel room after the event and just chilled. This was a dream come true for me despite the creepiness because he was my celeb crush and I felt so special because he said he had never taken a girl to his room before. We kept in touch through his assistant (and he got those "pictures" for him because i was willing to do whatever he wanted). As time passed i continued to go to comic cons and shows and i ended up staying at the booths with him the whole time talking and helping with the sales. At one point he said he wanted to hire me to travel with him and help at the booths. I got so excited but then I found out his wife (😭) wouldn't let him. At this point I was totally in love and while this made me sad, I still kept hanging out with him and he always was the sweetest to me even though I knew a lot of the reason he kept me around was because he was attracted to me. Flash forward to 2020 (this all began in 2015 btw) and his assistant told me that his wife's assistant found my instagram and showed her and she didn't like how close we looked even though the pics literally looked like fan pics. A few months later he had one of his DISCORD MODS tell me he couldn't talk to me anymore. I felt so used and heartbroken, like he took what he wanted and didn't care about how much it would hurt me. For years I spent thousands travelling just so we could be together. I never loved anyone as long as I loved him and I still do love him. He once told me if it were 10 years ago that we met he would be with me and I held on to that statement. And I still do, and imagine what it could have been like if these obstacles weren't in the way. I don't think I'll ever get over him or stop loving him but in some ways I think he used his "celebrity" status to influence me into doing things I had never done before. But I know if he started talking to me again I would go with him in an instant. I've never felt anything like this for any other person and I don't think I ever will. I try to push it down and get over him but eventually it always resurfaces and I have to suffer the loss that broke me again and again.

2 hours ago, Sierra said:

Pls don't judge me for this but when I was about 19 I became a fan of someone who was in a few popular cult movies in the early 2000s. I wanted to meet him, so I saved up to go to an event that he was at. It was my plan to meet him, have him write a quote from one of his movies on me so I could get it tatted, and that's it. Keep in mind this dude is 41 at the time. After he writes the quote he tells me he wants to see "pictures" of me. At first my naïve self didn't know what he was talking about and then once I realized, I told him i didnt have any (because i didnt). We went back to his hotel room after the event and just chilled. This was a dream come true for me despite the creepiness because he was my celeb crush and I felt so special because he said he had never taken a girl to his room before. We kept in touch through his assistant (and he got those "pictures" for him because i was willing to do whatever he wanted). As time passed i continued to go to comic cons and shows and i ended up staying at the booths with him the whole time talking and helping with the sales. At one point he said he wanted to hire me to travel with him and help at the booths. I got so excited but then I found out his wife (😭) wouldn't let him. At this point I was totally in love and while this made me sad, I still kept hanging out with him and he always was the sweetest to me even though I knew a lot of the reason he kept me around was because he was attracted to me. Flash forward to 2020 (this all began in 2015 btw) and his assistant told me that his wife's assistant found my instagram and showed her and she didn't like how close we looked even though the pics literally looked like fan pics. A few months later he had one of his DISCORD MODS tell me he couldn't talk to me anymore. I felt so used and heartbroken, like he took what he wanted and didn't care about how much it would hurt me. For years I spent thousands travelling just so we could be together. I never loved anyone as long as I loved him and I still do love him. He once told me if it were 10 years ago that we met he would be with me and I held on to that statement. And I still do, and imagine what it could have been like if these obstacles weren't in the way. I don't think I'll ever get over him or stop loving him but in some ways I think he used his "celebrity" status to influence me into doing things I had never done before. But I know if he started talking to me again I would go with him in an instant. I've never felt anything like this for any other person and I don't think I ever will. I try to push it down and get over him but eventually it always resurfaces and I have to suffer the loss that broke me again and again.

This is so hard to read. I have tears in my eyes.... I hope you find someone that loves you don't t use you. I hope you get over him enough to go further with someone els that will love you your whole life. 

GoodLuck I hope your doing fine now. 

3 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

I love this topic. 

My ex was an addict, and the habits and lies of an addict are hard to live with emotionally, and physically. I don't have a hatred towards those who are addicts, I don't know what its like to walk in their shoes. I've lost loved ones, and friends to it. I know what it's like to be romantically involved with one. I saved their life continously, stayed with them in hospitals... unfortunately I couldn't do it anymore. The questioning, stolen items, physical and emotional abuse, then when I found out I was being cheated on multiple times with different people, I was terrified for myself.. so I got tested. It was stressful, but I am lucky that my tests were clean.. and after 5 years I packed for good, all I could see was their texts saying "Bye, I'm a lot happier now with someone else". Then after awhile they begged me to come back again,  like so many other times. I didn't. I needed to heal, and stop worrying about "what if I'm not there to save them". It sounds selfish, I know. But I needed to save myself. 

It took me 5 years, about every year I was with them to put myself back together again. I decided to stop relationship hopping and date when I felt ready. I still have a flutter of pain (like I do with grieving the *****s of those I have lost), but I deal with it in healthy ways so it doesn't hurt any relationship I'm in or will be in. 

Never forget to take care of yourself, people. ❤

That's sound really hard deal with. I'm happy you choose for yourself. I hope you will find right love someone take care of you. Let you feel like a princess. 

Thanks for shearing your story! ❤️

Posted (edited)

the most heartbreaking thing to me wasn't any kind of romantic relationship. it was me realizing what person my mother really was after my parents split and divorced. 

she's a drug addicted, doesn't really care about anything else. it pained how i had never realized before until she just took me and my little brother away from my dad. i never realized how she truly was, i never appreciated my dad for caring so much and doing alone all the parent stiff my mother was supposed to. 

but it's still so surreal to me that i never noticed until i was 12 years old, an already very depressed teenager, that suddenly had to take care of everything (household and my 8 years old brother) because my mother didn't cared about anything my brother or me. and whenever i tried talking to her she would yell at me that she regrets giving birth to me or how much she hates me or she would caunt all the things she said were wrong with me. it was an extremely traumatizing experience and the worst and hardest time of my life. she almost made me give up on my own life a few times because i couldn't take it all. 

but 3 years later authorities did finally step in and took my brother and me back to my dad. 

Edited by baumxxm
  • Heart 1

• Elites

Most heartbreaking thing is when both my parents decided to early off themselves. All before youre 18 so you run head first into a seemly perfect fairytale relationship with a load of red flags but you ignore bc everything is a mess and they turned out to be a total monster yay life lul

My heartbreaking moment was when I was a teenager, I dated this boy and he had a best friend, I can tell there was something odd about him and certain things he would say to trigger my ex but then called it a “joke”. One day I came to visit the boy I was dating and he was acting strange as if he didn’t want me to be around then he said “get out, you can’t stay here” I was confused and felt a sharp pain in my chest, so I left out his house and his best friend came with me, he told me let’s go get some food (it was really late at night) while we was in the store I started crying because that was my first heartbreak, I asked his best friend why? What did I do? Why did he kicked me out, he said he didn’t know but he broke up with me , he best friend also Comfort me. On that night we took a long way and went by the ocean and he asked me out, I told him I just got out of relationship and your his best friend... couple years later my ex messaged me and i found out his “best friend” lied about me cheating on him with his best friend..smh 

The crazy part about it is he know that his best friend lies a lot and still believed him and his best friend saw me hurt right in front of him because of a lie because he let jealousy control him to make a up a lie like this. 

I learned a lot from this, back then I didn’t believe that certain people will go so far just to ruin something you have.