Getting rid of a sociopath?

Hitchens

34 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

I don’t know, dump them?

Have you ever dealt with a sociopath or know how bad they are?

Because I've dealt with 2 in my whole life and trust me. They're not easy to get rid of. They're good at causing you problems. So much so that you will wish you never met them. They're that bad. 

Therapy doesn't help them. They go in and they learn from the psychologists abd councillors. They then use what they learn to manipulate, lie, isolate, & use you. 

They're very good at antagonizing people & ruining the lives of others. 

And it's a whole different ball game when you break up with one. They get down right vindictive. 

I had one give me d'eath t'hreats & sent 2 different men over to my home that you've heard of in other threads. I put up with her s'hit for 11 years.

And another that lied to me all of the time, hated my k'ids, faked a pregnancy, and false reported me to DFS and the police.

• Star 1

22 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

Have you ever dealt with a sociopath or know how bad they are?

Because I've dealt with 2 in my whole life and trust me. They're not easy to get rid of. They're good at causing you problems. So much so that you will wish you never met them. They're that bad. 

Therapy doesn't help them. They go in and they learn from the psychologists abd councillors. They then use what they learn to manipulate, lie, isolate, & use you. 

They're very good at antagonizing people & ruining the lives of others. 

And it's a whole different ball game when you break up with one. They get down right vindictive. 

I had one give me d'eath t'hreats & sent 2 different men over to my home that you've heard of in other threads. I put up with her s'hit for 11 years.

And another that lied to me all of the time, hated my k'ids, faked a pregnancy, and false reported me to DFS and the police.

I’m sorry you had to deal with all that. I wouldn’t know how to get rid of them in that case. How did you get rid of them?

On 12/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Hitchens said:

If you found out that you were dealing with a sociopath in a relationship who has not only constantly antagonized you but put you in a corner.

What do you do to get out of it? 

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer... unfortunately they can do more damage as your enemy than as your associate or whatever.

• Star 1

Oh man. I was looking at the definitions again for sociopath vs psychopath to refresh my memory before speaking. I’m still not totally sure which one my ex husband is. He’s highly manipulative, controlling, full of himself, never sorry for anything, I believe incapable of loving anyone but himself but he never broke the law nor is he highly intelligent like most sociopaths and psychopaths. 
I wish I could give a good answer for how to deal with one. My ex husband did everything he could to ruin my life and our ch*ldren’s lives. We have him blocked on all social media and have changed our numbers but he still finds ways to send messages. He and his mother still call my mother (who hates both of them) trying to get in touch with my k***s and he would come put cards in our mailbox. We moved and I truly hope he doesn’t find out our new address. 
My ch*ldren have let it be clearly known they want nothing to do with him yet he won’t leave us alone. 
My suggestion is run fast and run far. Move, change your number, private your social media and block them on everything. Maybe even change your name. 

17 hours ago, Saraglittermepink said:

Oh man. I was looking at the definitions again for sociopath vs psychopath to refresh my memory before speaking. I’m still not totally sure which one my ex husband is. He’s highly manipulative, controlling, full of himself, never sorry for anything, I believe incapable of loving anyone but himself but he never broke the law nor is he highly intelligent like most sociopaths and psychopaths. 

Here you go.

076828f5675a8fcf543f6243bec978ea.jpg