Have you known a narcissist ?

Beelzebubz

1 hour ago, Hitchens said:

Someone in your life causing you trouble?

I've known a few of them. My brother is one. They're just really deplorable people. 

I'm trying to see if someone has narcissistic quality or if they are a narcissist. I feel for narcissists trying to learn and seek help it seems almost Impossible to tach empathy. 

1 minute ago, Beelzebubz said:

I'm trying to see if someone has narcissistic quality or if they are a narcissist. I feel for narcissists trying to learn and seek help it seems almost Impossible to tach empathy. 

Take 10 minutes. Watch this video. You cannot change a narcissist. And you could be in fact dealing with someone who has Antisocial Personality di*ord*r. If that is the case. What you need to do. Is walk away and quit talking to them. Eliminate whatever relationship you have with them. Sociopaths are not to be taken likley. 

• Star 1

First of all.. we are all narcissistic to some degree. Some just more than others, there are many different levels.

Carl Jung said it is very important to admit our shadow side, rather than fooling ourselves into thinking we are all good and it are only other people who are flawed.

Only if you can understand the dark side in yourself you can learn to understand and grow.

• Star 1

My ex husband for sure. My daughter in law’s ex best friend was legitimately  diagnosed with narcissism. She and her bf lived with my son and daughter in law for a while and it wasn’t healthy. 
When my daughter in law found out she was pregnant, her “best friend “ wasn’t happy for her. She was upset that my daughter in law was getting so much attention. She started trying to get pregnant right away. My daughter in law would find multiple pregnancy tests around the house. 

18 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Only if you can understand the dark side in yourself you can learn to understand and grow.

Exactly. When I was younger I had very little self control and I was a lot more impulsive. I made a lot of mistakes. I gave into my anger & I shouldn't have. Presently I have a lot of guilt and regrets for the things I did. So now, I heavily exercise self control in my every day life. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I don't want to ruin that for myself. So if I want good things. I came to the conclusion that I needed to focus on what's important. 

• Star 1

• Elites

I have, its a difficult relationship for me to deal with. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and I am too straight forward and honest so I just stay away from them. I  lived with one once (a family member I was helping out) and it did not end well. No matter how hard I tried to understand this person it never worked. I was starting to think I was losing my mind. I eventually could not deal with it and set boundaries and that is what forced them to leave.