Secret Admirers?

Hitchens

• Mod

Not really. Secret admirers don't take it too far like st*lkers do. st*lkers stay obsessed with someone and will constantly be watching, texting, or calling the person they're obsessed with. They may even follow the person around without them knowing. You don't see secret admirers do all that. If they do, then they would be considered a st*lker lol

• Star 1

5 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Do you think secret admirers are the same as s'talkers seeing as they  leave "love" letters & random gifts?

A st*lker is by definition someone who gives you unwanted negative attention.

Key word: "negative"

So... to translate, if you do not want someone's love, that becomes negative to you - so a secret admirer could be seen as a st*lker if you do not want to have attention from them... assuming "negative" is subjective.

• Star 1

It might just be me but I’d be really uncomfortable if someone constantly sent me secret things instead of just telling me they liked me in a sweet way 💕 if it goes unreciprocated for /too/ long, I think that’s what causes the shift from cute to creepy 

• Star 2

• Elites

Man, I don't think I can contribute to this one. Kaitlind, Haiku, and Squish made some really good points that covered a lot of what I was thinking. I agree with Kaitlind that there is a difference between secret admirer and st*lker. However Haiku's point was spot on with it being subjective. Sometimes a secret admirer is such because the may already know the feelings may not be reciprocated and that also adds to the creepiness Squish mentioned. 

• Star 1