Last time you had a melt down?

Hitchens

When was the last time you got down right pissed off and just went nuclear?

I had a small melt down today. We went to this city 2 hours away and it was jammed packed full people and the traffic was h'orrible & people are just rude & inconsiderate.

I lost control of my temper. I had a bad fit because people were cutting me off left & right. Almost got into 2 different wrecks. People wouldn't let me get over in the other lanes. It was bad. 

It got to the point where I'd had enough. So we turned the car & drove home. I'm done for today. I'm sick of people.

Normally. I'm great at dealing with things. I think it was because of the busy week that I had and then the bullsh'it I've had to put up with today.

• Heart 1

• Mod

I can't remember the last time I was so mad that I had a meltdown. However I had a meltdown where I broke down crying last year in 2020. I was at my job and I started crying while talking to one of my bosses on the phone because I was so stressed out and hated being there. It was taking me a few minutes to calm down so I had to go in the bathroom to collect myself.

• Elites

The last time I had a melt down was late last year when I quit my job. I was there for 7 years my last two years there it became a very tox*c environment for me because they hired two new g*rls who were complete psychos. They were really jealous about the praise I would receive and how positive others would speak about me because I was the one who built the database that was used to maintain the files that were used in the office on a daily basis. They eventually started a rumor about me and my boss who they called "the office eye candy" having an inappropriate relationship. My boss and I are both happily married. Sure we may have had a bromance and had lunches together, high fived each other when we got kudos from the higher ups, but that was the extent of our friendship. I would drive home in tears every night because those two would find ways to get at me and although I never showed it on the exterior, it was killing me inside because I couldn't just smack them in the face with a keyboard like that scene between James McEvoy and Chris Pratt in that movie "Wanted".  My Boss used to tell me "I don't know how you do it." after he got reprimanded for lashing out at one of them because they would get on his case too. I got along with everyone at the office and both of those women turned almost everyone against me by the end. I dealt with that s***t for two years. The straw that broke the camel's back was when there was a slew of catty, passive aggressive and condescending emails between myself and one of them. I finally decided that I had to go. My hands were shaking, I could feel my face getting hot and the lump forming in my throat. All I wanted was for them to leave me alone so I can do my job. The only person keeping me there was my boss because I truly enjoyed our comradery, but even that wasn't going to stop me. I walked into my boss's office with my face soaked in tears and told him I was quitting. He tried talking me out of it but there was no coming back at that point. He put me on vacation for two weeks and told me that if I was going to quit I deserved to collect my time off. Always such a nice guy to me. He ended up quitting shortly after I did. 

1 hour ago, Bruja626 said:

The last time I had a melt down was late last year when I quit my job. I was there for 7 years my last two years there it became a very tox*c environment for me because they hired two new g*rls who were complete psychos. They were really jealous about the praise I would receive and how positive others would speak about me because I was the one who built the database that was used to maintain the files that were used in the office on a daily basis. They eventually started a rumor about me and my boss who they called "the office eye candy" having an inappropriate relationship. My boss and I are both happily married. Sure we may have had a bromance and had lunches together, high fived each other when we got kudos from the higher ups, but that was the extent of our friendship. I would drive home in tears every night because those two would find ways to get at me and although I never showed it on the exterior, it was killing me inside because I couldn't just smack them in the face with a keyboard like that scene between James McEvoy and Chris Pratt in that movie "Wanted".  My Boss used to tell me "I don't know how you do it." after he got reprimanded for lashing out at one of them because they would get on his case too. I got along with everyone at the office and both of those women turned almost everyone against me by the end. I dealt with that s***t for two years. The straw that broke the camel's back was when there was a slew of catty, passive aggressive and condescending emails between myself and one of them. I finally decided that I had to go. My hands were shaking, I could feel my face getting hot and the lump forming in my throat. All I wanted was for them to leave me alone so I can do my job. The only person keeping me there was my boss because I truly enjoyed our comradery, but even that wasn't going to stop me. I walked into my boss's office with my face soaked in tears and told him I was quitting. He tried talking me out of it but there was no coming back at that point. He put me on vacation for two weeks and told me that if I was going to quit I deserved to collect my time off. Always such a nice guy to me. He ended up quitting shortly after I did. 

That sounds like a nightmare. Man I do not understand what enjoyment people get from acting like that. I would be racked with guilt if I even came close to treating someone like that. Your meltdown makes complete sense. It was very nice of your boss to send you on the vacation first. I hope you have found or can find somewhere to work where the people are kind and respectful. 

• Elites
8 hours ago, Saraglittermepink said:

That sounds like a nightmare. Man I do not understand what enjoyment people get from acting like that. I would be racked with guilt if I even came close to treating someone like that. Your meltdown makes complete sense. It was very nice of your boss to send you on the vacation first. I hope you have found or can find somewhere to work where the people are kind and respectful. 

Saraglittermepink, Thank you. 

I had to go through a temp agency as I did not have another job lined up, but the company ended up hiring me. So far so good. I am still a little gun shy about getting too friendly with anyone there but no incidents as of yet. 🙂

• Star 1