Christmas Plans? :)

seeairuhhmist

Traditionally every Christmas Eve my family would have the traditional Christmas meal at my grandparents house and open presents.  Now that my grandfather has passed away and my grandmother is 93 she isn’t as well as she used to be and having the whole family there at once is too much. 
  I begged to be able to take over and volunteered to cook everything but my grandmother decided just to do finger foods and have it be a drop in. It breaks my heart because tradition means a lot to me but I understand. 
I’m planning on cooking a traditional meal anyway and just having my immediate family over later that night. Then we’ll go to my oldest son’s house to open presents on Christmas Day, might make some breakfast casseroles to take over there. 
My family always had a Christmas cookie day at my grandmother’s house but now we have it at my son’s. Next year my granddaughter will be here and we can start creating new traditions.