Transitioning To A Boy, Then Transitioning Back???

Admin

If you're transgender, you're supposed to have real gender issues, like from being young, know with absolute confidence that you are a boy or girl and transition accordingly...

SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN the rare case where someone transitions, then transitions back again... WTF?

After putting everyone through the "Call me this gender" thing, then just being like "Whoops! I donno!"

I'm guessing those folks are a separate mental illness that isn't really transgender at all, but rather just a straight up severe identity di*ord*r and they only THINK they are transgender because they are more messed up than 99% of the population.

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

When people transition then detransition they drive others to say "Oh it's just a phase" when they come forward and that is apparently tox*c to the trans community. They want to feel valid, then people are just running around saying their trans then that they're not - who wants to deal with that?

• Mod

I don't understand how these people feel and I don't personally know anyone who is trans so I don't have much knowledge when it comes to transgender people, but maybe the ones who change their minds are still confused about themselves or they have people in their life convincing them they're confused and that they are something they're not so they start to believe it?

• Heart 1

• Elites

This is a hard one. I am by no means an expert on this or anything, however this is why in my opinion people who want to transition see a therapist. There should be a diagnosis of gender dysphoria and then having the person live as their desired gender for a year or two before taking hormones. It gives a person enough time to really think it through. The defining factor should be does act of an individual living as their desired gender feel comfortable or natural? Hormones are so life changing. Transitioning to male if the individual changes their mind, then the facial hair and deep voice will then take a toll on their self-esteem as a female and the same thing with de-transitioning from female back to male, until the individual gets chest surgery a male having breasts can’t be comfortable or attractive to some women. In addition how does the estrogen affect se*ual organs? Will there be bouts with erectile dysfunction?  This is a really difficult journey, and I don’t believe it’s a phase. I believe that the person believes they want to transition, however they may not know why, if that makes any sense. I feel for them. It must be hard not being comfortable in your own skin and when you try to go through a metamorphosis, you still feel the same way. That must be devastating.

3 hours ago, Admin said:

SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN the rare case where someone transitions, then transitions back again... WTF?

What I think is people confuse their masculine or feminine traits with being the opposite gender. Like being a tomboy. Potential peer pressure may play a role. My friend who was a “trans” would constantly flip gender identity. I remember they would constantly try and convince me I'm trans because I was uncomfortable in my skin. I never felt dysphoric but I was like shoot why are people saying that? Idk a lot of trans trending people