Rock music

Saraglittermepink

40 minutes ago, Saraglittermepink said:

why do you think that is?

Music changes with almost every generation. Just how it is. Almost no one wants to be like their dads' generation.

With music, it's actually not about how good the song is or really anything but "What are my friends listening to or what is always on TV/the radio during a specific part of my life and am I able to like it too?"

Music is a massive lemmings fest with the bulk of the group that listens to music extensively (young folks).

If your parents listen to something, a lot of young folks don't want to listen to the same thing --- like if your parents listen to rock, rock is now uncool, and so you swap it out with something else, your brain gets programmed to relate with that on an oddly deep level --- and for most, you now love that music and only that music forever.

Translation: Humans are mindless f***ing lemmings who lead mostly meaningless lives and we f***ing s*ck in general.

Hello Friends GIF by Adult Swim

In rare cases there are awesome people who don't give a s***t and just listen to whatever --- like I know people who love 70's rock but are a few years younger than me, and those people are f***in cool. People my age who listen to 1920's 30's 50's etc music? Also cool. Just be you bro. Unfortunately for most, that's near impossible, because again, people are mostly carbon copies. Even this rant is basically a carbon copy of some other edgy half-wit moron named Noisino or some s***t.

• Heart 2

• Mod

I love rock music too. I even listen to classic rock sometimes and I have been since I was a k*d because my dad always listened to it. Today's music that's on the radio s*cks and I don't understand why the younger generation likes it. I'm sure Boomers say the same thing about us millennials lol. It is a shame rock music doesn't play anymore, but at least we can still look up and listen to our favorite rock songs.

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Admin said:

Music changes with almost every generation. Just how it is. Almost no one wants to be like their dads' generation.

With music, it's actually not about how good the song is or really anything but "What are my friends listening to or what is always on TV/the radio during a specific part of my life and am I able to like it too?"

Music is a massive lemmings fest with the bulk of the group that listens to music extensively (young folks).

If your parents listen to something, a lot of young folks don't want to listen to the same thing --- like if your parents listen to rock, rock is now uncool, and so you swap it out with something else, your brain gets programmed to relate with that on an oddly deep level --- and for most, you now love that music and only that music forever.

Translation: Humans are mindless f***ing lemmings who lead mostly meaningless lives and we f***ing s*ck in general.

Hello Friends GIF by Adult Swim

In rare cases there are awesome people who don't give a s***t and just listen to whatever --- like I know people who love 70's rock but are a few years younger than me, and those people are f***in cool. People my age who listen to 1920's 30's 50's etc music? Also cool. Just be you bro. Unfortunately for most, that's near impossible, because again, people are mostly carbon copies. Even this rant is basically a carbon copy of some other edgy half-wit moron named Noisino or some s***t.

I really like music from the 50s and up

16 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I love rock music too. I even listen to classic rock sometimes and I have been since I was a k*d because my dad always listened to it. Today's music that's on the radio s*cks and I don't understand why the younger generation likes it. I'm sure Boomers say the same thing about us millennials lol. It is a shame rock music doesn't play anymore, but at least we can still look up and listen to our favorite rock songs.

Very glad I can still access the music that I love. And I don’t think I like any of today’s mainstream music. Everyone has their own taste, it’s just not anything I enjoy 

• Heart 1