Anyone out there into Science?

Bruja626

• Elites

I was working on some schoolwork and came across this awesome video. I thought I would share if anyone else out there is also into science. It shows how small we truly are in the grand scheme of things. The music is also pretty cool. The whole channel is pretty cool actually especially if you are into astronomy. 

• Star 2

3 minutes ago, Bruja626 said:

I was working on some schoolwork and came across this awesome video. I thought I would share if anyone else out there is also into science. It shows how small we truly are in the grand scheme of things. The music is also pretty cool. The whole channel is pretty cool actually especially if you are into astronomy. 

In the measuring scales I think in, we are huge, not small.

We just cannot measure our true space time, in any true sense size, as it is expanding all the time.

Of course, we do not sense our atoms or sub atomic mind/consciousness stretching out.

This bodes well for not d***g when going through an event horizon, if we can even get there.

Astronomy has reached a God of the Gaps point, just as religions have, as they have hit a brick wall with too many new theories popping up before others are proven and all being credible as the math works.

Science is at a new level of blind faith, and I think nothing new will be know for the next 20 yrs.

I hope I am wrong.

Regards

DL

16 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Science is at a new level of blind faith, and I think nothing new will be know for the next 20 yrs.

I hope I am wrong.

Science is based on emperical, demonstrative, and objective evidence. It is not based on blind faith.

Edited by Hitchens
  • Star 2

• Elites
28 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

In the measuring scales I think in, we are huge, not small.

We just cannot measure our true space time, in any true sense size, as it is expanding all the time.

Of course, we do not sense our atoms or sub atomic mind/consciousness stretching out.

This bodes well for not d***g when going through an event horizon, if we can even get there.

Astronomy has reached a God of the Gaps point, just as religions have, as they have hit a brick wall with too many new theories popping up before others are proven and all being credible as the math works.

I hope I am wrong.

Regards

DL

Well, Sir, that is your perspective. I like to look at things that I find fascinating. I found this video fascinating and wanted to share.  You see theories where I see possibilities, and there is that word again…perspective…everyone has their own. You can hope you are wrong all you want, however as long as there is intelligences and synapses sizzling, I will continue to see possibilities. Have a good night.

• Star 1

They have to go out and find physical evidence and work on it. 

It's not like religion, which has no evidence,  where a group of men write a series of fictional books full of claims and say "theres your answer"  

No. Science is about finding the answers by finding things that actually exist and compiling volumes of evidence and analyzing their findings. Virologists do it all of the time with diseases. They study it abd conduct test after test after test. 

• Star 1

10 hours ago, Hitchens said:

Science is based on emperical, demonstrative, and objective evidence. It is not based on blind faith.

I formed that opinion from a presentation by DeGrass Tyson.

I will let you go argue with him.

Regards

DL

10 hours ago, Bruja626 said:

Well, Sir, that is your perspective. I like to look at things that I find fascinating. I found this video fascinating and wanted to share.  You see theories where I see possibilities, and there is that word again…perspective…everyone has their own. You can hope you are wrong all you want, however as long as there is intelligences and synapses sizzling, I will continue to see possibilities. Have a good night.

Did you take a general statement personally?

My, I hope I am wrong and that the synapses will fire.

I think you read me backwards.

Regards

DL

• Blank 1

2 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

I formed that opinion from a presentation by DeGrass Tyson.

I will let you go argue with him.

You are making unsubstantiated claims and spreading misinformation with your so called "opinions" and then you deflect when someone calls you out on it. I'm stating facts, not my own opinion. You're just making one unsubstantiated claim after the next. 

Empirical research is a type of research methodology that makes use of verifiable evidence in order to arrive at research outcomes. In other words, this  type of research relies solely on evidence obtained through observation or scientific data collection methods. 

Empirical research can be carried out using qualitative or quantitative observation methods, depending on the data sample, that is, quantifiable data or non-numerical data. Unlike theoretical research that depends on preconceived notions about the research variables, empirical research carries a scientific investigation to measure the experimental probability of the research variables.

Article: https://www.formpl.us/blog/empirical-research

• Star 1

10 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

Well then I got good news for you 😂

Space research pops up with new anomalies and theories daily.

As we speak, science posits that we live in both a 7 dimensional universe as well as a 12 dimension one.

They have the math that proves both correct.

Oh ya, things are getting better in space, as it continues to confuse us with black matter and faster than light speeds.

Regards

DL

1 minute ago, Hitchens said:

spreading misinformation

Show your correction to my misinformation, or admit your are lying.

Oh wait. You are making a habit of that deceptive writing.

I asked you to do the same elsewhere, where you lied, and you became a cry baby to the mod.

Go away till you grow up, or learn how to use the quote function so I can teach you to read.

Regards

DL

5 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Show your correction to my misinformation, or admit your are lying.

I just proved you wrong when you stated it was based on "blind faith". Re-read the thread. 

Here you go again. 

6 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Oh wait. You are making a habit of that deceptive writing.

Claim. Prove that I'm being deceptive. If you can't. Then your opinion is disinformation. 

8 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

I asked you to do the same elsewhere, where you lied, and you became a cry baby to the mod.

Calling someone a liar doesn't validate or verify your claims. With checks and balances, honesty and accuracy in statements is appreciated and anything lesser is found out.

9 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Go away till you grow up, or learn how to use the quote function so I can teach you to read.

That's pretty hypocritical coming from you. Quit spreading misinformation and I won't have to call you out on it. 

Just now, Gnostic Christian said:

No quote says you are talking to yourself.

Lie and deny it even though it's stated in your first post. 

1 minute ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Go troll one of your low intelligence.

I'm sure a lot of people feel that way about you. The more people you antagonize here, the more enemies you make. 

And the more enemies you make in a community/ forum, the higher probability you have of getting banned. Members see you insulting and mistreating a person in a thread just because they quoted and corrected you isn't helping your argument. That doesn't make you look so good either. It makes people question your credibility and your morality. 

14 minutes ago, Hitchens said:

It makes people question your credibility and your morality. 

A perfect result of my posting.

It allows me to make my case.

I can show my credibility and brag that my morals are better than most believers and that has been proven correct too many times for me to count.

Go away troll.

This personal garbage is just that.

Get on topic or get lost.

Regards

DL

4 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

A perfect result of my posting.

It allows me to make my case.

I can show my credibility and brag that my morals are better than most believers and that has been proven correct too many times for me to count.

Go away troll.

This personal garbage is just that.

Get on topic or get lost.

Regards

DL

You are trolling. Please refrain. 

I respect and welcome a healthy debate on differences in positions. But when you start throwing insults and demonstrating degrading behavior, it is no longer a debate, and you have crossed the line.

1 minute ago, Hitchens said:

You are trolling. Please refrain. 

I respect and welcome a healthy debate on differences in positions. But when you start throwing insults and demonstrating degrading behavior, it is no longer a debate, and you have crossed the line.

Good.

Do as bid and go away.

Regards

DL

5 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Good.

Do as bid and go away.

This is a public forum, I don’t think the moderators will be happy if you start suggesting people leave.  I’m unimpressed by the way you are dishonestly trying to play the v****m just because some of your ideas are subjected to critical scrutiny or even ridicule.