Political Correctness

summerlusk

3 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

What do you think of it? Are you for it or against it?

I think that it is a shame to need to resort to it.

If used, it shows  a negative trait in the one who is inclined or forced to use it and may also be demeaning to the one that is seen as seeking or needing it.

How are you defining the term, and can you give an example to make sure we are talking of the same thing?

32 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

I think that it is a shame to need to resort to it.

If used, it shows  a negative trait in the one who is inclined or forced to use it and may also be demeaning to the one that is seen as seeking or needing it.

How are you defining the term, and can you give an example to make sure we are talking of the same thing?

BBF78210-A5CD-4830-9CF1-691CAC48F13A.thumb.jpeg.2b31609b44b89972a182271c9382f229.jpeg

• Star 1

51 minutes ago, Saffy_a**acky said:

If we respect people and what we don’t understand we’ll be okay. 

Such a great heart, but perhaps not the best choice of wording.

Love, like respect should only be conditionally given to people.

To give either without conditions is to make no on special and ones love and respect worthless.

Jesus said he would know the good people by their love, as expressed by works and deeds.

That is also how you recognize who you should respect or not.

Your duty to yourself is to decide what to respect and what you, if you are a good person, will fight against.

Many good people choose h*mophobia and misogyny as pet peeves and go out to fight those two evils.

I am surprised at how feisty you women are sometimes and how you can dress those guys down. 

If you do not understand a stance and still respect, then you owe it to both parties to ask a question.

I could be all wrong but if you give a good example of something you did not understand but still respected, I would see as you do.

Regards

DL

• Elites

To each his own . If I know someone personally and am aware of their threshold of sensitivity, I will cater to them. However, I personally don’t like political correctness. It has changed how we describe people; it has made others unable to have a thicker skin and what I mean by that is that even when someone means no harm, people are offended. In addition, as political correctness grows it becomes more and more of a lie for the sake of not causing ill will. A person must be seriously ignorant to use racial slurs to describe someone especially in today’s climate. Do we honestly need to create longer sentences just to provide a description of a person for the sake of not offending someone? How do we really know that any language we use is not going to offend some along the way? We really don’t. With the way things have become, what is socially acceptable today is not always acceptable tomorrow. That’s the only reason why I don’t like it. Altering language based on emotion doesn’t make much sense to me. Think about it, some people even get offended when someone is trying to be nice. Additionally, not everyone is in the know when it comes to these things and to force others to adjust to our own feelings when we all have difference thresholds of what offends us is a little too much, I think. How can we communicate with each other while we are all walking on eggshells?

• Star 1

38 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Love, like respect should only be conditionally given to people.

I don’t see why it would matter if my conditions were raised on respect. I’m just regarding people. Whether I agree or not I think everyone is deserved a little bit of respect.

A good example some thing I don’t understand and still respect is transgender people. I’m not trans and I’ve never had any issues with my gender so I have no idea what they go through. 

I don’t share the same struggles but I know that I should at least listen and regard what they say.

Even the most s***t people of this world deserve a smidgen of respect. The worst people are hurt people mentally ill people ab**ed people traumatized people. 

We are so far from knowing anything about people around us. We will literally only ever know our thoughts and feelings no matter how hard we try to relate to others and understand. I see people argue about what other people are feeling and thinking and what other people should do. I understand there are groups who can come together with like minds but no one could be in your mind ever.

Humans want to believe that we have it all figured out but how do we know that we relate to the people around us as deeply as we think we do. how can we prove we see the same colors or facesI even smell the same smells? 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Saffy_a**acky said:

Even the most s***t people of this world deserve a smidgen of respect.

I wrote something in my last reply to you, that I erased, because it showed an extreme that shows why some do not deserve respect.

Let me put it here.

I will never respect the one who ****d me. Example only.

You might eventually, from what you put, and I think that rather sad.

Regards

DL

11 hours ago, Saffy_a**acky said:

A good example some thing I don’t understand and still respect is transgender people.

As you should.

What is there not to understand though?

You follow your instincts on these issues and so do they.

If you recognize how your instincts guide you, you should understand how theirs guide them.

Regards

DL